• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stellaris: Console Edition DD#31 - New Origins and Galactic Community Resolutions

Hello Stellaris: Console Edition Community!

Federations and Expansion Pass Four releases tomorrow (July 17th!). Be sure to watch our Release Stream, starting 10:30 AM CEST (9:30 AM UK, 430 AM EDT, 130 AM PDT) on twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive!

We’re here to talk about some more of the paid features in the Federations expansion, Federations includes 8 new origins, allowing you to start on a ringworld, or a race adapted to living in orbital habitats, or start as the vassal of a fallen empire, and maybe even receive some very useful gifts from your overlord. Federations also includes the ability to form the Galactic Council, denounce other empires, as well as pass more powerful resolutions and sanctions in the Galactic Community.

Federations also releases alongside the free 2.8 “Butler” update, named after the Sci-Fi Author Octavia E. Butler, which includes home systems for the Tiyanki and Space Amoebas, new visuals for Nebula and Crisis systems, Space Storms, as well as many bug fixes, quality of life improvements, and multiplayer stability improvements. You can read more about the free features coming in the 2.8 “Butler” update in DD#29 “Quality of Life Improvements” and DD#27 “Edict Changes, New Systems and Habitat Tiers”. You can also watch the 2.8 “Butler” Free Features video!

Origins

Remnants: Start on a Relic World.

Stellaris Console Edition (3).png

Shattered Ring: Start on a Shattered Ring World. Once mighty, a mysterious calamity befell your people and now your empire lives on the only intact section of the ancient megastructure, and it is possible to repair most of the other sections.

Stellaris Console Edition (8).png

Void Dwellers: Start on a Habitat above your destroyed, former homeworld, and with 2 more habitats in your home system. Completely adapted to living in habitats, and start with the technology to build new ones, but also suffers a penalty to living on regular planets.

Stellaris Console Edition (7).png

Scion: Start as the vassal of a powerful Fallen Empire with a unique Casus Belli to bring empires under your overlords control.

Stellaris Console Edition (5).png

On the Shoulder of Giants: Investigate a series of Archaeological Sites related to a mysterious benefactor.

Common Ground: Start with as the leader of a Galactic Union federation, with two other members, and with The Federation tradition unlocked.

Stellaris Console Edition (6).png

Hegemon: Start with as the leader of a Hegemony federation, with two other members, and with The Federation tradition unlocked.

Doomsday: Your homeworld is doomed and will explode, and you need to find a new home for your species.

Stellaris Console Edition.png

This is fine

Galactic Council

One new addition to the Galactic Community is the ability to form the Galactic Council. The Galactic Council, when formed, will be composed of the three countries from the Galactic Community who have the highest Diplomatic Weight. The number of members on the Galactic Council can be increased to four, or reduced to one. Members can also be assigned a permanent Council seat.

Stellaris Console Edition (10).png

The members of the Galactic Council can declare a resolution in the proposal queue as an emergency measure, bringing the resolution immediately to the senate floor for a vote. Galactic Council members can veto resolutions (if given the power), as well as denounce other members of the Galactic Community.

New Resolutions

The New Resolutions introduced in Federations allow you to change the balance of power in the Galactic Community, the highest-tier resolutions allow you to reduce Diplomatic Weight from various empire stats by up to -100%, which can drastically change the balance of power within the Galactic Community. The highest tier resolutions can also place limits on member empire’s species’ rights, grant a new casus belli, outlaw specific empire policies, or outlaw artificial intelligence.

The new resolutions combined with level 2 and 3 Sanctions, add teeth to the Galactic Community, and add a real penalty for allowing your enemies to seize control of it.

We're not going to show you all of the new resolutions, but we've picked out some of the more interesting ones.

Stellaris Console Edition (2).png
Stellaris Console Edition (3).png
Stellaris Console Edition (4).png

Stellaris Console Edition (6).png
Stellaris Console Edition (7).png
Stellaris Console Edition (8).png

Stellaris Console Edition (9).png
Stellaris Console Edition (11).png
Stellaris Console Edition (12).png

Stellaris Console Edition (14).png
Stellaris Console Edition (15).png
Stellaris Console Edition (16).png

That’s it for today folks! Don’t forget to join us for our Stellaris: Console Edition Federations Release Stream tomorrow (June 17th) at 10:30 AM CEST (9:30 AM UK, 430 AM EDT, 130 AM PDT) on twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive!

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 5Love
Reactions:
July 17? That a typo since I already have Federations and playing it. :)

July 17? That a typo since I already have Federations and playing it. :)
Yeah, I think Mr Freaky might have re-pinned the last Dev Diary. Although I don't know how the post has been changed to say July the 17th, unless for whatever reason that part of the post is prefilled and is programmed to be the current month.

I really struggled with June 17th/July 17th this release cycle. It's been a long few months. :D Yes, that was a typo that slipped through the cracks, I've corrected it, thanks for bringing it to my attention haha

I really struggled with June 17th/July 17th this release cycle. It's been a long few months. :D Yes, that was a typo that slipped through the cracks, I've corrected it, thanks for bringing it to my attention haha
I'm not sure I understand, this dev diary is for Federations, which we already have. Has it been re-pinned or something? It says that it releases *tomorrow* on July 17th, but not only do we already have it, that's not tomorrow.

1625426742519.png

I'm not sure I understand, this dev diary is for Federations, which we already have. Has it been re-pinned or something? It says that it releases *tomorrow* on July 17th, but not only do we already have it, that's not tomorrow.

I changed July to June in the post :)

But was the post re-uploaded or repinned or something? Because normally a post that's been read is greyed out, but this one was fully white as if I hadn't read it.
Posts also turn white if there are replies you haven't read.