• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I apologise if this has been asked before, but I have read through about 30 pages of this thread without seeing anyone else having problems with this mod. I have just got more and more frustrated reading all the dev reports and wanting to play it!

I bought Imperator and all the expansion on GOG and read the instructions given by Snowlet on Discord (in the FAQ) about how to install using GitHub. did everything as instructed, but the mod crashes after the loading screeen. Have uninstalled and tried several times, but no luck.

As a long time Paradox player (and Steam user), I have never had a problem with a mod before, so I assume this something to do with the way GOG Galaxy operates. I really want to try out the mod, but am reluctant to shell out another $100 plus to buy a discontinued (and apparently unsupported) game.,

Is there anyone else playing this mod with a GOG purchased game?

I have attached an error log file if it helps.

Attachments

• error.log
    30,8 KB · Views: 0
Sadly, i've got no solution for your problem, but if you cant solve your problem you could get the game and DLC for a really low price at keyshops like 2GA. I think i've paid around 10 bucks for base game + all DLC. The game is in low demand these days and this is reflected on the aftermarket.

Never had any technical issues with base game or mod. Runs great on Steam (Linux).

Reactions:
Sadly, i've got no solution for your problem, but if you cant solve your problem you could get the game and DLC for a really low price at keyshops like 2GA. I think i've paid around 10 bucks for base game + all DLC. The game is in low demand these days and this is reflected on the aftermarket.

Never had any technical issues with base game or mod. Runs great on Steam (Linux).
Thank you for your help. I have an aversion to using keyshops as I suspect, perhaps incorrectly, that there is something dodgy. But rebuying the game and the DLC from Steam or Paradox is expensive.

Do you need all the expansions to run Invictus? If not, is it better with them? Or can I just get the base game?

I am sure the mod does run perfectly - as I said, I couldn't find a thread about problems. Perhaps it is just me. Am I the only person who bought the game from GOG?

From memory, GOG always had ir more difficult, i.e. you had to use the github. I also advise to ask us on our discord (https://discord.gg/YJt2jXWZqd), since we are more often online there.
Now, there are multiple reasons why you could crash with Invictus:
1. You have a mac. I too suffer from this, but macs can't run the full version, which is why there is a mac version (it isn't up-to-date with all the content; it might get updated at a later date).
2. You have a setup folder that got generated, f.ex, if you used the map_editor or setup_editor console commands.

I don't remember more from the top off my head, but there probably are.

Last edited:
Reactions:
From memory, GOG always had ir more difficult, i.e. you had to use the github. I also advise to ask us on our discord (https://discord.gg/YJt2jXWZqd), since we are more often online there.
Now, there are multiple reasons why you could crash with Invictus:
1. You have a mac. I too suffer from this, but macs can't run the full version, which is why there is a mac version (it isn't up-to-date with all the content; it might get updated at a later date).
2. You have a setup folder that got generated, f.ex, if you used the amp_editor or setup_editor console commands.

I don't remember more from the top off my head, but there probably are.
Thanks but no problem. I just bought it again, but not from GOG. Looks like last game I'll get from them, unless it is unmoddable

• 1Like
Reactions:
DD60: Tons of Minor Changes
Dev Diary 60: Tons of Minor changes
Salvete!
Today will be a slightly different Dev Diary as it won’t have one theme, rather just a bunch of smaller changes piled together for the next update. This is so there aren’t any unwanted surprise changes when the update finally comes out (before Christmas).

So, let’s begin, I did roughly sort the changes into various themes but don’t expect one cohesive text:

For military traditions, to make it clearer which culture group gets which military tradition, I have gone through and added a tooltip to all of them listing the groups that have it and can be used to unlock it. Here are some examples:
zp5D9YmkeRrOzUdo_VGyouzJtTD-IAhDA-nHkVRBkrC12kIMA6GfEJMK0CyzORy81KzdrIEuK_C54wCQSWsohQdlNL5YJVB-bsgQPewQxaZCTdKZj5iDWgjyn2h-rPHABbNnO236oFxgEopHV06vJ9q_JP1r7b1iasXnJEntRwcvi0zs6417FDnRNwpHJw
mVwdrC53baKZqwzAGo1no7_63yNDrRRy3bA6y04RNuYrMUIy1C9HAUaPmAv5A6eTJv8yk_2Sqkr9-H_WL4-ywxO9nViPgnXPncrR7LHti7pkz3rX1awXnl0-LMCCeApsND0_9sF4jR3U2jtp9QyP9Glr_KnBUWXeHRFjl51Z5aMgb2o86ZfdftuGrKiCJA
ocVrsOj0_XY1fbc6R4jmBCzQPEOhXFO4HgzaRbhiFyQTNp613CKzIYB88Dxz8EtOAkFA83XCFRn6goNbZH5D9sPgQ3LljvQ4UsjeWA31I8U46xZuUhyWHuFXWVtMvs2relK52x7Gb0oHYYfgZVO11jfMZq0hDQsRKFE_2bPoRWCwdN7y-JrnelnMZV-LTA

woVQmBDgdvR0-UZ_1LugmVdLVJdKPpLVQpcVTlQltSfqEp8mAN48SrXIpL_SIAVLhmYwqfquPis5thOup-57rEgZGwikeae0zvjRjMjjtFfj-1qf0hRD3OmZYSh3zAt2EHIMyqZJbmRvyQHOZjg_yL2dHNkZ9Eer9U0HS48XMH0Bc9x5UWWppGF6bhrUNw

Hopefully there isn’t anymore confusion as to how to unlock any particular set of military traditions.

For those of you looking to play Carthage, I have finally fixed all their Senate events and their custom law set should no longer break within the first year of gameplay. Might be worth playing them and checking them out next update (maybe even check out the vanilla second Iberian tree for Carthage, which in vanilla is broken and doesn’t appear. It isn’t large but it’s content most will have never seen before).

For AI changes, the AI should now save a bit more money, construct more buildings and only spend those reserves if they get a bad event or they’re at war. This leads to the AI being a bit better in developing their country and not going bankrupt. Martial stats of their general now matter 50% more to an AI; previously the AI barely accounted for it, even if they had a far superior general. Terrain now matters 25% less to an AI; the AI in vanilla overestimates how much terrain matters and this leads them to often abandon sieges as they’re too afraid of fighting on a mountain/hill. This change slightly resolves that abandoning siege issue, leads to less stalemates in war and leads to more aggressive behaviour.

The AI army composition in legions has now also changed. It used to split the army like this:
Flank: 0.2
Primary unit: 0.4
Secondary unit: 0.4
It has been changed to:
Flank: 0.1
Primary unit: 0.45
Secondary unit: 0.45
This change is done as flank units serve a limited purpose in Imperator and leads to a more consolidated legion with less varied units and thus more specialized modifiers and higher quality units. The AI’s legion, especially large ones, should be slightly harder to beat now.

The AI no longer declares a war to conquer something overseas (no land connection) if they have less than 8 ships. It used to be that the AI would declare with as few as 5 ships, but would more often than not be unable to bring their army onto the foreign shores, or would have their small navy sunk by the other nation’s small navy. Now the AI should only declare overseas conquest wars they can actually win.

This is about as good as I can get the AI to be without letting them cheat. Certainly compared to vanilla, they should build stronger empires by the endgame, be smarter in sieging, declaring war, fighting with legions and develop their lands more.

For removals, we have removed the regency mechanic which allowed a ruler to lead a legion as it was very buggy, complicated a lot of scripts and functioned essentially as a cheat as it allowed you to reset your national ideas for free. Additionally, the Tanist government types have been removed - the only thing which made them different was the national idea distribution and they produced a few unnecessary bugs while serving little purpose. They might be reintroduced with actual mechanics upon a later date.

For some minor map changes, Pamphylia is no longer in the Anatolian culture group but in the Hellenic group, better matching the description in ancient sources such as Herodotus, Strabo, & Theompompus. Paradox's inclusion of the Pamphylians in the Anatolian culture group may be due to the strong Anatolian influence on their Greek, or due to some sources (notably the Encyclopædia Britannica) emphasizing the assimilated aboriginal Anatolians, and Cilician migrants.
Isd-jCJ3kclmoG9sWOtz8zTVExrv9yCeTaKT3l6KTSWsprBXhuPtPNzso-IncJ4kekl_810q4zecKeJ4FE9P14J4o0a-V4zyUU5eJbAl9qnL7CF4chGtXNzTuRC8LDOB6D1LY5LQnBQAwbj1WNd_PZHfJVJ9Mm8pfam6PC9JrIqcxbVh_ssSmXHycnAL5A

A lot of cultural localisation (e.g. province names, character names, titles etc) has been made more era-appropriate, with Greek now reflecting early Koiné, Phoenician & Punic their native pronunciation (rather than Hellenised or Romanised renderings), Hebrew an approximation of the Second Temple-era pronunciation, and Germanic cultures now using reconstructed Proto-Germanic.

Some culture names have also been slightly tweaked so that they are now all consistently adjectives.

The Jewish diaspora had already gone through several waves by the start of the game. The Assyrian conquest of the Northern Kingdom of Israel scattered many across Syria and Northern Mesopotamia, and the Babylonian conquest of the Southern Kingdom of Judah led to the Babylonian Exile, which was ended by the rise of the Achaemenids when Cyrus allowed the Jews to return to Judaea and invited them to settle throughout his empire. To represent this early Eastern diaspora, Jewish pops have been added to much of Persia and to Bactria, as well as the ancestors of the Cochin Jews in Southern India (some of whom seem to have already been in place prior to the destruction of the Second Temple), and in the sites of some notable ancient synagogues (such as on Delos).

For changes to navies, navies now take 5 points of dmg instead of 4 when outside of naval range and the chance that you take this dmg is increased from 40% per monthly tick to 50%. This is to prevent exploiting the monthly repair at sea modifiers that previously allowed you to sail anywhere in the world.

For changes to Republics, you no longer need more than 50 approval; 50 approval is enough to pass a law/declaration of war without taking the tyranny hit. This change helps the AI and makes Republics a bit less of a hassle to play.

For changes to tradegoods, we have raised the minimum threshold of slaves per good to 4 instead of 3, as only needing 3 slaves to produce a tradegood leads to trade being a bit too powerful for a player. This should slightly nerf the most extreme cases.

For some more general changes, having great relations threshold (which leads to taking a heavier stabhit when declaring war) has been lowered from 100 opinion to 80. Again this helps the AI, mainly so it realises better when the player might declare war upon them (as the player needs to sabotage relations to not take a stabhit which the AI picks up on). As far as I can see, AI itself never takes the stabhit mechanically; presumably it cheats here so another buff to AI.
A decision has been added that allows the player and an AI to subjugate the nation dominant on the Maldives if they own the Southern Indian coastline; this is done so the AI can actually form certain countries and so that the player doesn’t potentially get locked out of making a claim there.
Civil wars now also have a higher threshold for smaller countries decreasing the likelihood that AI with 2 territories has a civil war, which it gets eternally stuck in due to not having enough forces to siege, forcing you to make even more claims.

The German translation has also been vastly improved and updated so it should be much more playable, only occasionally missing an entry.

Finally for the changes, a decent amount of behind the scene changes have been done to improve performance (stricter decision triggers, reducing unnecessary checks, etc).

As an item of possible interest, the website Paizomen, which “is a work-in-progress database of video games set in Greek and Roman antiquity”, released a blog this week that describes some of the work being done on Invictus. If you'd like to read about one of the “Hidden Gems of Ludic Antiquity” and what it's like behind the scenes for the Invictus dev team (as presented by an observer), please do so here; https://paizomen.com/2022/12/02/an-...ent-on-abandoned-game-by-alexander-greyswood/. A special thanks and shoutout to Alexander Vandewalle at Paizomen. There are so many wonderful blogs on the website and many more scheduled to come, so please check it out!

• 33Like
  • 10Love
Reactions:
DD61: Atropatene, Samaritan missions and Generic Events
Dev Diary 61: Atropatene, Samaritan missions and Generic Events
Salvete!
Today we'll be talking about a juicy new Atropatene tree, a redesign of the Judean tree for the Samaritans and some new Generic events, all of this will be coming in the Christmas update! (The update will break saves but in the announcement i'll link the old version of the mod to continue those older saves.)
To begin, the Atropatene tree as worked on by Aerozona, OmegaCorps, and Zorgoball.

“Rise of the Medes”
uaFbtKQX8gOCdXCohVGSZj6okHniHFPqFGmlr0fVI9-k6rJjqVK8I6pNWbSreefrPzKEGyT1OO2RyyoER81d6cmgxpHlEumkJPN6To27bdPp7d90TEcPFakkTFRS9ZkbrzUzXmE9pdAiwyi5pnV_3wa3es8zvC9L3jqNfFrLQ7duk-fZEE6Yq_c4GvzEvw

UVr4AHa7G5DI7N1sCvPQSkl_WO0rPtkoMNnsk7DbLxoetKXladmOA0GXhKMwB-3IID0lOstntPAu3XypjM5KRDA-2zVryLJ7XIXGjwwSS1WEE3pC7AzKArXp3nlYt5LCfccRXHd57cFTfXdR-6Imup6GqmrrcMRaoZCxyogx7qO4xsyzm5t-2A4C1TH9uw
pQLLDnMER6uATweBd0opgAPJfv1BLNvUOXC2taBykp9mTb7ATzCjp4YKfG0-8CvrndsJI6BZDORnwxNrTCRGxwaapexCkYGKmTeFDmC-SsgT_IAIjsfFkXM6nM925bR6CqfV_QEDAmTuSPkQ5PrIZig6ESn_iUXkFkhAaBR3uQX4aqbR7E2uyl0CArI_kw

Once a satrapy and a relic of the times and people whom Cyrus and his Persians left in the dust of history, Media Atropatene’s freedom, courtesy of the dissolution of Alexander’s Empire, is once again able to exert its power over the region and the lands of the Iranian peoples.
nQ9uaIIzj83gX5CkXBJCLDSAlYTNwzBmjcV8Db0WMhkarNILjlDypxMs4cUBqXJ1U5ti6QqLyHHFU4-XsMY0eGJVCQyxyI2_6n5nIcgfsIbtrCDxBQzaU4Re55xZJf7Mnlili5xm_X-W5x9Vt-MVzpmDS2_Q0yNzU59-WTmjn7V6-RISKxVRju-p1-zz3g

One unique feature of Media Atropatene wholeheartedly adopting Zoroastrianism was the terribly effective and widely-believed rumor that the faith’s figurehead, Zoroaster himself, had been born in that land, precisely around in-game Ardabil. Should you lean into this assumption and fan the flames of the rumors, you may have yourself a staunch and faithful country, treating you like a god-king. This line of investment could lead you down a path some would consider…. unnatural.
bZ8qndY1S4wIE_a1AwgWEn2HyFzBWAgqGywmvv87GvHLoVPkf4cVBLPOM_FO9bjmROxNTgp7c4ht9gyTWRteFVTKjwZeOo-hb73xNlmwjcHaKjpnmS7Uj8j4xdysKv1HUXMZjyv2lvopSwbFmI3sV8UwtaZXW6qYD-2doFKwkLE3ec_y_4lT7IdVoPdr2w

nPUPByvfUlyWCZFtbATkRpvRJhnB_yJ5KThmDGQCys49gTwKstZeSzVG3un-YiN96dKY7AtaIWiaZS2PN82RHElJNU8BoOJACbGvACZRVEwl6ZY1ddxZ1dYTW9tSpy0--plCjXlcRITDUVTDJjqDh6iBsF7QM8a0oC0Ww5H_04G8w2Mmz110HHKA6nuWQA

Make a holy city out of Ardabil, convert the local Cadousii and diminish their bid for independence and freedom, and you may even re-discover some ancient texts along the way. The Magi class you reinstate could assist you in this task, building their base out of your holy capital of Ganzak.
c3XblJLTDMOeV1K_DLS7Dc467Gtz_mgpGfdqnHNNS-orU4qvZmJOyCWWcsioyDu5zugn4iNiwy7re5vQxdMpzzGv3Gzo0yIq2jboEoiL2uFJcM8KdfJbAkduxiJ5gqGEfNLpUwCobbJHcoWcXb0JVSwCQot94jJoiadmyYGsw4MHr4pCZ_l6V4fUD6Q2dQ

Better yet, why not go to the source of your Zoroastrian roots, obtain control of and visit the holy city of Kashmar, and perhaps the holy priests there may send you into a kingly trance, in which you cross the realm of the living and the astral, walking in a daze to find the truth of your faith. How you fare on this spectral journey - now, that is up to you. No matter your choices, it is certain that your faith shall be tested, your resolve and determination bent to the will of the spirits, and your body given the consequences of your mind. Even your title and role in this world may be at stake.

But let us pretend that you are not one so interested in the mystic arts - what else might a powerful king with such a rich opportunity do in times of chaos and confusion? Will you settle and old score to avenge a family member’s murder?
LIvsvHmDrS9O7ALHmSmmWgg3N7SUTr5FT9rIPrRD2eXLvhx82EWTvv7XyM2bkK9MnINLIH7w0rn0Dj8wpDs6giet93yfDtIcIZZ5izMCRCu_UQBJ83XrSkVVnGYBQ97oAr7JANJ0ayvFPHJrDI0iK1HwMPsqVBPBW3LRAdlxBLXWtUiQ_FzYypRwuN976Q

Or perhaps you seek a more long-term glory and legacy? Maybe you feel the Median people have suffered the Persian and Macedonian yokes too long and yearn for freedom. If so, perhaps you might consolidate the lands which were once called Media and reform it on the world-stage. Once again, Media may claim the spice-lathered trade routes that run the Persian plateau, or it may control and explore the Hyrcanian forests which remain full of myth and mystery. Ganzak will become a great hub of civilization and trade in the region, feeding off of the successes Media once enjoyed.
G5GtMcGPwOWPL_--32ppO-uhMzBqLIN4hLaCDq7SE8KDcXB0t6AE4wIYcFyp6Ffcw8szB-PForP9qVPMx6I26V_V21LXvuGqvAPCiLO0GEcGABUbhlJNw6YsZP51ylGfq3q4d5GrHWBblD3gx1CaILN6d9t-on_bdWgLsoxyvm8YUwVU-VtBFmYdIHcO_g
YK-t9HGr6osC0cp-PHBOz_APuYTDx9R11JD9zaLFr_dbIT7gq16g7SEXblCsjR2M221QAOj7KJjt-Bhpx33NxRWJ2K2JJY8LZT4G98THCdsx0wWFcsZOXNkDabc2IGoDOYzp4N304QL9FDcVsSEu6xGASNfPKK6ti-1rCRfMjknWcgrE6SbkUSAB2XUV7A

And yet, there may still remain one task for you. Long ago, Cyaxares gave Media its legacy of prestige when he took back the throne of Ecbatana from the Scythians and crushed the Assyrians at Nineveh. His body was thought by many lost ages ago - perhaps the will of Cyrus, who had no desire to stoke Median nationalism - but it may yet exist. Could you not travel south - conquer, even - and search for his tomb; bring some dignity back to his people and properly bury his remains? Perhaps you are his true successor, and can claim the domain of his kingdom at its greatest extent - only you know this; you, and the spirits which rule the lives of mortals.

Here is the final territorial extent that the mission tree guides you to conquering:
K2UjSZk6CAPmUJ5qCYXqPPJ4FrKAvF4XT_oCfSrZ9WgIHOB49DeTzBJXBdccHLZh0s0h8LV1HV9Aue1tzwc-QMVL7dgYBSJHPaAPlIBueLt3riQ7xLC6iGILel58a3pq702c74yNxJzf4hNTcTI6PiGVnVqGudviGO8DHduFNBT2n9d_-gtlooydR_dyiw

Moving West, the game has previously treated Samaritans as identical to Jews resulting in widespread inaccuracies, which this next update will aim to address.

Samaritans believe that rather than the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, Mount Gerizim near Shechem is the place designated by G-d as the sole location for his worship. Following this belief, they view the movement of the sacrificial cult from the Tabernacle in Shiloh to Jerusalem (and later Solomon’s Temple) at the end of the rule of the Israelite Judges as the start of an Era of Divine Disfavor and so where Jews have traditionally looked back to King David’s rule as the high point to return to, they instead view the rule of the Judges as that peak.
EtPgLo9dXXdWhKwfbjQCsZA0lLp56o_A-Low5hiswlB1dlylQmiE46DefEQumjk9Kqd-3H2FHG9aAmG_yWovOap-NPBo3ydqyizRtdgteOEd1fdsIdGG2mmO7sCdCAiu3CrunynF4uETGW5-eLynOtgM6CbaNVAyyzWBDrj9rODvi9EL8Gqhb2Of_KWw_A
0qU4WH_UWQNas8BKHcho0i4Yd6oenTjPWDuolEsn85hv-RGOzymtLTobMc09ELHqZZS9rezZ4tnnowKsdBYlK_2P6yNzAxFIi3fSUD2-GMtQH1TooXVz-pLp7xJJLO6DvInd9PEeOILF6jFBH1d9WDrbJHNZddtzp_729XUn8p5_ncsnGKOSpzgdgIE7Yw

Because of this, lots of the Israelite prophets previously in the game and available to Samaria were only really suitable for Judea. We’ve now added several new prophets, some available to both Judea & Samaria, and some specific to Samaria.
dfuP61RMxlQ6XJLJJrNbQXwnwDcn20iNh24JEHbBOLVz8K1D-cwufvVKe9O7oqpkkq619MVkY6QYg6IWaUi5JQCAGZUYMBiwlEObDbKV9ECDT-KlVH2alGazk11uO-34REz9hbhbBKYhHKVKpkO7pXrItSNdd3C1WfEb1gSpns5DK2Z5OilvPUGsIlFJZQ

Samaria no longer has access to the Promised Land mission tree, and instead has their own Northern Israelites tree which follows a similar structure, but made more suitable for Samaritans.
CuyF1VqK2-WpsLjBzKS2eW6kTOuvRI5bQA50XzrSK2uKmkAVyrDidWMnoXygr1RKjViPNwxSWHBhns4ZhnAp2aGYoCm8EGfiRRHFlNhKsLk4MynD2UJOJc6mvAs38xzbru7MN5hCIBolqWm3z856enHHTsnbqmhnVTEc38vNHaqhlJA82iSqiGVt_qhoFA

As the minority among the Israelites, the tree includes the enforcement of Samaritanism on the Judean population, including the destruction of the Second Temple (which would be viewed by the Samaritans as heretical), a revolt by Zealots (a potential tag switch!), and the eventual building of a temple on Mount Gerizim.
5hvW_CI0SpAk-hHBc6Yq1kC27BGTR7n7DbIQ2xpBs8uD8X9w_3TyolfeBvwKxGbalHZK8rPAqWrrsTRXbdY923piZ8KSpQjI7jgjmzzSjbYzEBi_5ldzAW62l5iFCssxwFKWUL_Asj_fHvbvDNTf3Czt0LtpRHxRuxacQbKWonedfjRnybTdQxFnzeq6Og

And of course, whilst the Promised Land tree culminates in restoring the Kingdom of David, the Northern Israelites tree ends with a restoration of the rule of the Judges.
ycATSmkCTvktuK7qddjv6RQHbCPCD2ZEYf9ccArGKHnTyRXNU_NXDY0RI2kRjJ3SI3-h-KQzvCF0kWaEh5gxeexFfawKL_UyNHpKZB_WdgU1HrNtz6X2TmroQ61rrJMOb28IDqt6p_59P11oT3_AUKAKbOBmLZhLJwY9YRLEjJ5V41C2A8t1A6zMF3E59g
pf87f4w6xXyFW0DXa8AyQJCqj6EpPOjmquCAxwCbkVmcC2KhDTTnm-M4rDnl1KwoUVkg39-KyBEtg1knWTcTFxz-V5QUY3lCEA3zdP2FeG7-yPZpgUyxj5xXOL4oDq4S-J_tUfVDlZZyRYiDxZsMFdUtji9Ec2LLF33jpxoyAKpeUaM8AUnTmXpuqxELYw

Hello again friends, it’s Zorgoball with yet even more content to round out this week’s diary. In our quest to bring you more exciting flavor, we have expanded the number of generic, non-repeating events that will pop up during the game. Don’t expect anything insane, like a massive stability drop or a huge civil war that comes out of nowhere, but there will be some cool new events to keep you entertained during times of war and peace. Your ruler might gain a new trait, many of your personal relationships will grow (or suffer), and maybe a traveling merchant might offer you a unique item for sale the next time they are passing through town - keep an eye out for pop-ups that you have never seen before. Our Christmas update will have 10 new generic events - let’s take a look at a handful.

Your people are a contentious lot at times, much to your chagrin, and you will sometimes be called to settle arguments between the nobility. Unfortunately for you, some of your own family members might ask for favors, even when they are clearly in the wrong…
2KB1zCZjV2mAVwZcQY2yLJMh6S1PJ5d7PPSkTnDOiYL-nG8CBviseOPNdvxpJba70pP4B0iFMW3FxaLKCspvv1VEbI_-i5M8Dy4UxbLJnyfRmYyluRV0_E2vqjmJ5zZrS7Kr4Lm3feBVb_ub2VgancdV17nIxCxvlva6sZZLICzIvivV3nPBlTUBFlj8Cw

Certain advisors will come to you with religious problems, but hopefully your piety is made of stronger stuff than your greed is…
VzF9TYX_cS9Ylz3c1jBtwVwA7696IJg1NRa62gTXcck8zxWsDxX1m-hwLnUYij9tVCffvgSyL8LVQehkMjcC5o7mVhXhpnu945iIz8o-WWFj_VwBQl3GTKjRGKUMomJmFGcs_cqqLEjBMhS-JO1qt8-KInlYErh5Rwcaxwf37Rp5Gu_Sgd8LaMNcQnzIWA

Of course, there is always the potential for drama with your family, but when has this ever been different?
DU9J3vdThsjryO1prSzo04lWNg3J8ojarKCpbCGd9vcQuYlZx1dE2iIlTpUHKwFAaPb-RqHwiTuhrPwIXASDI7KHdekDW_h9hrOZkpm5e3H7xX6ESaU5jYnELXGgOOjST06Wj8yKa3ZGjUtHfN9SBy1wTEK1he7AECrs3QD6tti0VSVMcXpDkANws5et6Q

The minutiae of ruling isn’t always doom and gloom matters of life and death however. You will celebrate the small things with your people from time to time.
dgVdgGh1C3_svDjPHD1yKzehkP3bshbs7mHpZ2TdZ2eRvpe49LBgl3j95vb7lyR37Z_arYNz0Dm4WWhKI4pzKCY-SPLJUch9DquAAueW26hj1QpKfRzHDoWfpgZYNj94oQBXGQoUR8MT24l-F16MUDcko_s_7zwkswLymop4vAC2TNJrOqwZ6LH1gQs89A

Some events will bring foreigners with intriguing backstories to your gates…
dWX4TQYsLqw43xMsUOTjhIeNeUiJuR9OKu9wEOBl1kkzyZJfM2LIoaCkpf3lCYesR4JRqo_iNmxzmWwVhXEBM5mQc9kW3RSeNJ-az6H4OvANQLPvF4stVY5FmkwNepm2mRCeiBJB3-2yli4io7IkN2fKZqp0irM4OaohuZXSkudRYjZcUD3DFaFui7MKew

In addition to the 10 generic events, there will also be 10 more events available to Punic Cultures only; a salute to our very own OmegaCorps for giving me some fantastic suggestions to work with. And, as a tiny teaser, our next expansion (the one that comes out *after* the Christmas update) will have even more generic events available to unique cultures, so there’s something to look forward to. I will leave you with a few screenshots - see you soon!
vuCAp5CEifFV_8kVMtwH8T-Zqs2If29ayotgYf14bQnQAi3aNqtyj5kdAUnn3CZhEyx38aoffFhczUJH6H067ODvuqNtKRLtpSPugHz-AEtK7KEirUiSqU720uD9Tcr21jTsV1cr-xLI8-trCbZZqvMz9XXbtoFfwDFthgvt6TFZMflUXi06Rj2J61CtMw
BLa7Ud86LmvJJFnkLXqNsH4GnLhjddo_e-o1ZKGsqL3NifjT520qIB_ue1uKMVq7kbWS5nnIozTuLEosXxznOivKOP9ps4yosYLuxP3ANQQYSnj0FBsC0kWIogasW68PfnPT5DtdxC91SjkQoVmPLB-XPGgMbTf7PiM5SvHkh5tv8W7z-6KlG3ZfJg__JA
S43SvDKdHVeilX6jLqy71_NeFRItz4eewpREh8KV1NjaeXkVFhnLTzc81sjWfbINtyWzpX-jcdWv7WixA7n2MtLEvsSDpN6UUqA2QzXua0c6V5Ma-mnAF1zuD2Umtn4zbeyxgza87sgDWPRKha9kz906R81Mmsk2NWnpEZebsLQF732CVc2V5ngVjSHJlw
o5UFTAME40gy4OUl8GWc0zEvYmbj3VaYlYu4goUJDaA_U0DJ-Rp738QGBwukM4vbQI2smWCCm1Y1kPBKjq_RCFeFUxYyJT5JAFNLUGYTklC9jaTv24NazJazteeg0cy8V1QPKJa_x1M33T6Cgjlih1hEDK4wIEzbZkcPtl_St2_ifALGAlo2l6vRZVNo2A
IcE1VEcW3ktanhx36tsDr2aTWVAcstSdaA35iM0lRjBleknIKqdHA0ruQqc713idBwQNePCkDwAlccnHvaOj9brH8J-TBwEKswojei4q8TyLczgJCBhwNta26Kai66JRTFFD3KrM7SctIm_uzepAqY4Uru6FIAeSWu501Nrp2qYcyoCms5SKbOzyQ5drlw

• 24Like
  • 10Love
Reactions:
Okay, but Media used to have this really nice pink colour that had beautiful contrast against the Seleucids. I am pretty sure I am the only Atropatene enjoyer I have encountered, but if someone else can back me up on this, I would really miss that colour pop reward until you form the Persian Empire later (which really should have a different name if your capital region isn't Persia, but oh well).
Samaritans believe that rather than the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, Mount Gerizim near Shechem is the place designated by G-d as the sole location for his worship.
G-d? Might as well call him G dawg at this point.

Okay, but Media used to have this really nice pink colour that had beautiful contrast against the Seleucids. I am pretty sure I am the only Atropatene enjoyer I have encountered, but if someone else can back me up on this, I would really miss that colour pop reward until you form the Persian Empire later (which really should have a different name if your capital region isn't Persia, but oh well).

G-d? Might as well call him G dawg at this point.
Oh I also realize I sound quite critical, I really enjoy the fact that 3 of my favourite areas/countries will have content now: of Invictus, Pandya, Numidia and now Atropatene, you guys rock! Every time an area I enjoyed but that was ignored by Paradox gets updated, I have a new playthrough.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:

That was because vanilla had a bug: the color was undefined. Bascially, that pink is the default colour that the game will apply if nothing else is defined. That applies to EVERYTHING that has a colour.

That was because vanilla had a bug: the color was undefined. Bascially, that pink is the default colour that the game will apply if nothing else is defined. That applies to EVERYTHING that has a colour.
Huh, I only ever saw it on Atropatene into Media, and I've played in Arabia, India, Gaul, Albion and Numidia, not necessarily regions that had the most attention in vanilla.

I believe you of course, but that still made it a uniquely Atropatene thing for me.

Huh, I only ever saw it on Atropatene into Media, and I've played in Arabia, India, Gaul, Albion and Numidia, not necessarily regions that had the most attention in vanilla.

I believe you of course, but that still made it a uniquely Atropatene thing for me.
Well, only Media had no colour defined. It happened in the flags too at some point during an Invictus update (we fixed it ofc).

I apologise if this has been asked before, but I have read through about 30 pages of this thread without seeing anyone else having problems with this mod. I have just got more and more frustrated reading all the dev reports and wanting to play it!

I bought Imperator and all the expansion on GOG and read the instructions given by Snowlet on Discord (in the FAQ) about how to install using GitHub. did everything as instructed, but the mod crashes after the loading screeen. Have uninstalled and tried several times, but no luck.

As a long time Paradox player (and Steam user), I have never had a problem with a mod before, so I assume this something to do with the way GOG Galaxy operates. I really want to try out the mod, but am reluctant to shell out another $100 plus to buy a discontinued (and apparently unsupported) game.,

Is there anyone else playing this mod with a GOG purchased game?

I have attached an error log file if it helps.
I had the same problems. i cant play the mod.
But I solve this:
-download the last version of the mod
-unpack th zip
-copy the unpacked in the imperator:rome directory and overwrite all files
-play and enjoy

I have a game with Olbe, at the beginning I recruited Clearco Achaemenid son of Amastris Achaemenid and managed to make him come to the throne and kill all his kind on it while he conquered everything necessary to restore the Persian empire, I thought that because they were estranged from Amastris they would I would restore it as an Achaemenid empire but no, any idea why?
or is it only possible if it starts with heraclea pontica?

I have a game with Olbe, at the beginning I recruited Clearco Achaemenid son of Amastris Achaemenid and managed to make him come to the throne and kill all his kind on it while he conquered everything necessary to restore the Persian empire, I thought that because they were estranged from Amastris they would I would restore it as an Achaemenid empire but no, any idea why?
or is it only possible if it starts with heraclea pontica?
It is bcs technically (for the game) he is not in the same family as Amastris (because it is a different country)

Is it possible that you can change the name for Sicily when united by the Greeks? I'm not sure if that is included in the "Tons of other Changes" that was talked about in another diary, but It kind of bothers me that it's not Sikelia, the ancient greek name for the Island. Instead the base game uses the English name for the island.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I know it's a supremely non-existing and marginal country, but are there any plans to add content like missions for Babylon?

Reactions:
DD62: Burma/Jain/Balto-Slavic additions, Persis mission and Christmas Update patch notes
Dev Diary 62: Burma/Jain/Balto-Slavic additions, Persis mission and Christmas Update patch notes

Salvete!
Today we'll be talking about some content Dementive has made, including a mission tree for Persis and Jain flavour. Also Balto-Slavic religion changes made by Palando, the addition of Burma to the map as presented by Shocky, and MattTheLegoman will go into more detail on his additions to the mod on the graphical side (big thanks to you Matt).
At the end of the Dev Diary, i'll post the patch notes for the Christmas update.
But first i'd like to inform people about the recent Bronze Age update: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2448788091.
The BA update adds a lot of decisions, content and bugfixes for nearly every tag in the game, go check it out!

The glorious nation of Persis has a new mission tree! This mission tree leads up to the freedom of Persis from the Seleukid empire and ends when freedom is gained. Here is a look at the tree:
o8jJNN_eU134PCeOAtm8PCBYwWrDyPHJ7tditCbqEvSPdag-MsYjzL7twU8jzrLXfEhhgiYVnwwRQ9BvcidNR3VH1ALeoEuXP3-0DaHFyuwNHjnSodVX4OLEUZaZAoF1iD2GQzdEIebcGht63lNGd8EWXkdNcYpy9z4iUbGLf4-3gPK9IjQZeQwsjz8IfA

sP5heYUiVpwT68P7AUAKiV7bOJW_HKiZl3EQc4fczEE7YnHiUvH_XSzXWzJKSVsO2m2RmqIcBO0mcRhZAc7VDDvMnYARWUJik9em_-o12Pft8HkDah0lyCkNV4X6fc2lQpvMPkMsetfU7erLEEDPEwGD7hgWoKNVEIXOIRH5xC0_nFPf9ErmVCBfU9kukA

These missions take you through developing Persis, adhering to Persian customs, and freeing yourself from Hellenic rule. This mission tree will be available with the upcoming update; in a future update they will get another mission tree to lead to the formation of Persia and there will also be a unique Persia tree for post unification Persia.

In addition to Persis, I did a lot of work to bring more flavor to the religions of India. 11 Jain and 9 Buddhist deities have been added throughout India. There are also 10+ new Jain flavor events that go into the life of the Jain leader Bhadrabahu in Maurya.
6rZWvpAKpfQpGO1pmK42OleJJSlQbrL7Hba9L0ESFcPT86ZRDckoj8nvKwDqxbrBvGocjLi4KSuM6cqdTBwAPc2B10v6-5682in_7FB3CPjYcIkTkW70y4oq9mBUrd_n_HFRz5m0XEdzRFVQJVji2fa0lI4T8XAB0DC76q_kLvm0QlpQINwC-o0hvkhrIw

mMU10fF16edk2ozMxMyx4n1AmCltom8JN3cRObrAfA8qa2hdDLieJtw3xEADh71Hp1VO35sQmEyHftSoH-Avj_Qil91Ae4gK3IQIC8muog8052pcR0HkmnlZpqqqm5ltubWaqzbcd2dZIyps9_a1r6KGbUELu5vrDOsuzFHDgV-Vug-9kiVshqRWb94SaQ

Take control of the First Jain Council in Pataliputra and decide the fate going forward of the Jain people!

8ulEFQtcAokfNfTh_xyulgR1eUdREcFugCz3KDvnR7QnC13roJfoZy2n77YfHleUYipnikrNoNNby_KTRsudLyd3D4yOasurezlN_RBYvMubQ-4McGRCFcAhJ3hG5vFLKhQQyCRHbkRzNpftRI2H-ee5sk-CfUSCfl-C0IzMw1LJSv8BOaOPvRlxxOH8Qw

In addition to the Jain Council events, there are several other events that depict the general spread of Jainism after the first Jain council.

Burma Map Expansion

Hello, shocky27 back again with some additions to the map in the Burma region. We have added a total of 2 areas to the map in the Irrawaddy River valley as well as 1 area along the coast of the Bay of Bengal, as seen below. Once again, thanks to Licarious for his assistance with adding the Irrawaddy River here.

uujBw__7lsRvN774PV1OkqTZK3zoVK8rir6VuKmZSHXtKoSfjKZRYSwXeTH_-80CF7HmSoI_QFjJF3BSsjrZiM_HMWdgN4uac6WH6gRdN_LZEli7Ygt2lgu-nfe0usRKC9-NKInyiSN4Ywi9Yi-S4u11A67D6j9esgCcQgCNkL4s3iGgR7-LqU3d2R7ebQ

The setup in the Irrawaddy Valley reflects a clash of ethno-linguistic groups as shown in the archaeological record around 300 BC. A number of small states, many known by the name “Pyu city states”, have been added, representing Tibeto-Burman speaking peoples having recently migrated to the valley from the north. Cities such as Tagaung, Halin, Beinnaka and more have been added as recorded Pyu sites. However many of these sites, including the ones furthest south and the far northwest, had not yet been colonized fully by the Pyu, remaining as likely Afroasiatic speakers related perhaps to modern Mon peoples, known archaeologically as the Samon culture. The Shan, although likely a Tai speaking group recorded by the Han Chinese, have been lumped in with the Pu (Afroasiatic) group for purposes of gameplay.

gcvUxfe1KuCs8utQlEC9fsOwZwDHgeTCRLrMAsxoEHF6T-mUGUqqzYPxjs_iOA_JZ7QYSih4VWM2ReixdAAev4k83erg-1kkPHnrF7zxpbnjlJdv2p1L5pWrZZ_aUlfM2zdPxsaHINPXrcvgcEsCsrGpQuVbE8YIh0zU7_qKDa0QDDNkhLFRCSpixJ1PfQ

The Burmese map​

Jungle terrain
G’day Invictus map enthusiasts! Firstly, with the introduction of the Burma region into Invictus by Shocky, Matt Alexi has returned to extend the splendid terrain of the base game into this region at the edge of the world. Secondly, you’ll see new art tucked into this corner of the map, the very limit of the known world beyond the Ganges.
nMlMReYI92x75ABJvN3sYne4_z76wbWuW27OQS-RyOKV-mbjGCvDIOTS_R2oaxE8ZY6adcNCo2sdsQZLLOaVC1LYzYlZMLkP_Eyd5qT97fXQTqmvKO74YEIikxLHD9hoql4nPSIwuWRKdkg2tNewL6WOAbgy9-Ss5gS0J4qAURt-JnGKiIEJv3989TXI1g

p0y2ai1LndH-XqMttpjoC3gpfhSACt5IGlIGuPsT8nT88pwmwFrZ7YNKOTE8law3y8LSp_0984luhricpVtf2SZZ9Yych1MsM7d-8Cc8EwSXyk_u4SAeNDRUQ6cNhJmiqlKDamwnha8GU9fddnpGoH3v891FVKBkXnafgwbmfQedPhz7HaSVu0Lzzjh-cQ

Southeast Asian architecture set
The Southeast Asian architecture set was originally created last year for the CK3 ModJam event, which was focused on the Java and Bali islands. This year, with the expansion of Invictus and Terra Indomita into the region, these buildings have been claimed for the hidden jungle cities of Burma.
m2EryvdGHB0abJvCDzoJPi6zoy-68nNfIC_Fr2wDtOWI1pjL4JdsHqoJh8ZE5Eq3C9CTyPO-bod0pkeBMtWdTG0OLkYr9HYqzRv2Q2ZrQLmcDXYQLN2R6KhnL4e5YAeUct6x8nL8UgcmjE1rJSKsftoa2Veq1HqUAdg4s_U7pxEqloRcDuXPD9jrn1eFaQ

Papermap
The paper map has been updated to include all new lakes and islands added to the map of Invictus.
zqYRg2fOjMtCmNFjvtGj31B6wtQ-1_8SjopgGsgvLq7vVsFMjNitUROBES1USkIYe5nzCB80OvV8iEeto6kBPmCWkKSpPyxNIn4YvCbR5pxkKVyfJv0tuNfmo_w04N2fQEvaQdOmx2poFgVnouf7arLx2cVKuymYJRv64dvfNlcvDhEXzSnI9SYABqBETA

Changes to the Balto-Slavic religion:​

As you might still remember, the last major update included a map extension for Eastern Europe. I, Palando, have used this as an opportunity to take a closer look at the religion of the Balto-Slavic inhabitants of this area.

The current Matrist religion is based on a description by Tacitus that the Aestii worship a Magna Mater. However, no female deity enjoys a position equal or superior to the position of male deities in Baltic beliefs; unlike in Germanic (e.g. Tacitus also mentions Nerthus as an important goddess) or Finnish ones.
Additionally, the reference made by Tacitus that the Aestii wear the images of wild boars is quite incompatible with the archaeological and archaeozoological sources from the Baltic territory. Instead, horses played an important role in the religious beliefs of these societies, but no hints that this was so with pigs. In contrast, the boar was indeed a prominent divine and emblematic animal of Celtic and Germanic peoples.

Therefore, we completely rework the Balto-Slavic religion which is now called We’ra’. Its ingame description reads like this:

Little is known of the Baltic tribes and their religion. Nonetheless, archaeological records survive, telling of cults worshiping several naturalist gods, along the Baltic coast. Most likely, based on reconstructions for the proto-Balto-Slavic language, their name for faith was We'ra’, from which the modern words víra in Czech, wiara in Polish and véra in Russian descend.
AeeZs3AMFgWOEN1F_1P4-XIfyJYMaUOGQGzZ5kX6swzLcCLwRUSZS_2gJSWKV6ghb9xuTEHPisqpxS2KjCN5BYEGZJGpFCwpV0JAdeTjnaly3MeDsr3mkStW0pp7TJn6uPicuksNefcpwgNO4DWW2jXeFwx81tuGGpOkgsNy1yD8Nbi9U5_q9g1ADjqFdA

Some 16 deities were added based on important naturalistic aspects. You can see four in the following screenshot, and, for those of you who speak a Slavic language, the names might sound familiar. Zorgoball has come up with marvelous flavour texts for each one of them, so be sure to read them.
Qs963EXJ_YPA1Ojysur_lBAbieYu3jyV3xfdQ-P6sG5SyFpxePqGsUyHCRaXQx_lLqm-_4T0-MarR83G-HG_tTZ_LY0pZpR5Ha6C0TJA4PfHwM3EgUHyNDt-NjKU3o8AJ16f2FPsDBYyJV-ckpJC2FeU4Qy_mxAROzbYJjjsWPsjsq60YAQJaoUl46OORg

And now finally the patch notes for the Christmas update coming before or around Christmas!
V1.5
New mission trees:
- Large tree for Sogdia including mechanics
- Large tree for Atropatene
- Large tree for Zhangzhung
- Large tree for Persis
- Large tree for Treveria
- Large tree for Nuragics after unifying the Mediterranean islands as Gymnaesians or Sardinians
- Large tree for Samaria (reworked version of Judean tree + custom flavour)
- 2 Roman trees for conquering Rhaetia and Pannonia
- Regional unification tree for Cretans
- Regional unification tree for Korkyra
- Regional unification tree for Gymnaesians (Balearic Islands)
- Regional unification tree for Sardinians

Map changes:
- Expanded map into Burma with full graphics
- Added Pu culture group
- Custom city models for Pu culture group
- Updated zoomed out map (Lakes look better, Maldives now show up as actual islands)
- Added Israelite diaspora pops around the map
- Added historical minority pops in India
- Added historical barbarian cultures
- Pamphylian is now in the Hellenic culture group (from Anatolian)

Added content:
- Reworked rebellions for larger nations to allow for a full regional rebellion with various levels of strength under one tag (You'll always be able to reconquer your land without having to take the massive AE penalty, instead of several minor rebellions we now have one large tag per region if the conditions are met.)
- Added a dozen generic events
- Added 8 Punic events
- Added a dozen Jain events
- New (family)naming for Pannonian, Levantine, Germanic, Hellenic, Punic, Thracian and Arabian culture groups
- Added Tibet/Media formable
- Added several dozen inventions exclusive to certain culture(groups)
- Added several dozen heritages
- Removed commander kings mod
- Removed Tanist governments (they didn't do anything)
- Added several new custom flags and emblems
- Added several Buddhist deities
- Added several Jain deities
- Added more historical province names when owned by certain culturegroups for almost all groups
- Reworked Israelite Deities to better account for Samaritans
- Reworked Matrist religion into the new We'ra' religion
- Added unfinished AI only galatia content
- Added some new icons for obscure modifiers
- Added several historical characters around the map
- Added Blood of Pharnavazid

Changes:
- Split Judean and Samarian content
- Added tooltip for Military traditions listing which culturegroups unlock the tree
- Optimised backend scripting of the military traditions unlocking system
- Raised naval attrition chance when out of range from 40 to 50%
- Raised naval damage from attrition from 4% to 5%
- Raised minimum possible goods per slave from 3 to 4
- Lowered maximum levy size from 150 to 140%
- Lowered treshold for having great relations to 80 from 100
- Slightly reworked national ideas
- Carthaginian AI is now more competent in consolidating North Africa
- Gave AI slight naval budget cheats for a number of years
- Improved AI's ability to intelligently pick national ideas
- Improved AI pathfinding
- Improved AI's ability to evaluate battles (see DD60)
- Improved AI budgetting (AI will construct more and use their reserves if in need during a war)
- Made sure AI can cancel custom missions if they get completely stuck
- Performance optimization by reducing monthly/yearly checks
- Nerfed some overpowered deities
- Changed naval unit abilities modifiers to be more balanced
- Updated generic development mission to account for new tradegoods
- Changed colour of plains
- Locked Yamnat formable to Southern Arabians
- Vanilla annexation event now integrates more characters when integrating a family
- Chandragupta commits suicide slightly later
- Added an Imperial CB to the first Punic war in the Roman mission tree

Bugfixes:
- Updated Spanish and German translation
- Re-added 2.0.3 feature allowing you to see what unassigned offices would give as modifier if assigned
- Lots of grammar corrections
- Fixed Pregnant being unlocalised in GUI
- Removed Give up Claims and sell Provinces buttons when selecting your own country
- Fixed lankan bug where creating a feudatory accidentally vassalized you to them
- Fixed Western Rome getting too much land when becoming the Eastern Roman Dictatorship
- Fixed Heavy Infantry distinction being impossible to get
- Fixed broken tradefleet decision for Southern indians
- Fixed being unable to switch to Puntic religion
- Fixed generic missions being available for nations with custom missions at gamestart
- Fixed Tibetans and Punics getting the wrong military traditions
- Fixed broken Rhodes battle counter
- Fixed some broken Indian mission tasks
- Fixed some minor bugs in tradegood decisions
- Fixed similar religion colours
- Fixed succession modifiers occasionally breaking upon succession
- Fixed several broken modifiers
- Fixed every case of released countries or when changing culture, the primary culture becoming unintegrated
- Fixed Antigonids being able to access the Antipatrid Legacy missions
- Fixed Hadrami levy template
- Actually fixed Carthaginian senate events and demands
- Fixed Carthaginian laws possible getting stuck
- Fixed minor bugs for the Carthaginian missions
- Fixed a number of vanilla bugs in the Antigonid tree
- Fixed deities for Mithridatic kingdom and Pontus
- Fixed Britannic Coat of Arms not applying properly
- Fixed a broken vanilla Epirote mission
- Fixed Arabic deities being unavailable to Aksumite culture group

Last edited:
  • 23Like