• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is a Paradox bug, not something intentional.
Well, I already didn't think it was intentional, but I did not know it's a Paradox bug. I've guaranteed played patches in the past (also before Invictus naturally) where this didn't happen yet. Is there any chance there could be a small addendum made to the mod to undo the bug?

Also, a separate suggestion, I once made a moderately detailed post (on the game's suggestion forum) that listed all the rivers in India/South Asia that I thought could potentially be made navigable considering the game's timeframe. Now I'm not an expert on either geographical or historical level, certainly not concerning that region, so up to what point said rivers would be navigable, and where the crossings would be, I didn't and still don't know, but I do think that someo.ne could figure that out if they put time into it. The main thing why I think this would be worthwhile to add though, is that it seems like a perfect way to add more tactical depth to playing in the region. Right now there's the jungles around Kalinga/eastern Maurya (and their southern tributaries), and the deep Tamil king south that has interesting geography; the rest of it is just massive stretches of land without any natural chokepoints. Making some of the rivers navigable would help in 2 ways: it not only adds chokepoints for land based armies/warfare, it also makes naval power worth investing into way more in the region. Even if that's not necessarily how the naval powers in the region would have historically used their navies (I believe), there's plenty of good naval bonuses in the military tradition tree and in some heritages that see limited use right now, and this would be a great way to make using them more appealing, especially now that no Indian country starts with a heritage to buff Elephants and is kinda shoehorned into that path.

To end with, the new patch is sweet, having a blast on my Massaesylia, gearing up for a big confrontation with Carthage after I gobble up my neighbour, the permant buffs as a reward for building the mines and the farms are pretty sweet too. I do have one small remark there too though, the forts you have to build for the mission matching the mines and the farms, while covering the capitals of border provinces, does not actually prevent Carthage from walking right past them and into your heartland, specifically the one in "Tubusuctu". Maybe a small thing for the future could be to also require a fort in the other province capital to the southeast of it, which, if you also steal Carthage's tributary with the other mission, would ensure total coverage of the border region. Should be said again though, super minor thing, in fact my proposal is a nerf to the mission, as you can always just do what I said yourself if you feel it's necessary.
Schermopname (27826).png

Reactions:
Is this mod still active?

The devs are just enjoying a well-deserved summer break and recharge their batteries :)

With the release date of the update being next week on the 12th of July, the next Dev Diary will just be the patch notes and after that we'll probably take a little break from any further Dev Diares until we have more content to show off.

No Dev Diary today because it's Summer, we just released an update and i'm sure everyone can be patient with us as we take some breaks.

• 11Like
Reactions:
Is this mod still active?
Yes
The devs are just enjoying a well-deserved summer break and recharge their batteries :)
Indeed, some of us are on holidays, some have exams, others are just taking a break and a lot of us are working on a submod.
But development diaries will return in not too long, somewhere in September.

• 10Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Quick question: if I start as a tag that isn't Rome or Carthage, can i still embrace roman and Punic military traditions? Or do I need to start as Rome or Carthage to have one or the other.

From what I can tell I only get access to italic or levantine but not Punic and Roman traditions. even if I'm passing the cultural decision through integrated roman or Punic cultures

Quick question: if I start as a tag that isn't Rome or Carthage, can i still embrace roman and Punic military traditions? Or do I need to start as Rome or Carthage to have one or the other.

From what I can tell I only get access to italic or levantine but not Punic and Roman traditions. even if I'm passing the cultural decision through integrated roman or Punic cultures
It's possible I broke something so i'll check the script and try and fix it for next hotfix.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is there any way to have the Hellenistic empire mission trigger for a non diadochi tag? started as Syracuse and was looking forward to a big final confrontation in the civil war but it isn't coming up as an option. Formed Hellenic league and restored Alexander's empire.

if it normally just wouldn't come up at all, is there any way to force it with console commands?

as an aside, my tag remained the Hellenic League instead of becoming the Hellenic Empire or Argead Empire (I have blood of the Argeads and restored the Argead dynasty)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is there any way to have the Hellenistic empire mission trigger for a non diadochi tag? started as Syracuse and was looking forward to a big final confrontation in the civil war but it isn't coming up as an option. Formed Hellenic league and restored Alexander's empire.

if it normally just wouldn't come up at all, is there any way to force it with console commands?

as an aside, my tag remained the Hellenic League instead of becoming the Hellenic Empire or Argead Empire (I have blood of the Argeads and restored the Argead dynasty)
Only Diadochi or nations which can become Diadochi (like Epirus/Cyrenaica) can get the Hellenistic Empire tree, since it is basically restoring the Argead empire and not really the empire of the Greeks. As for the tag, I suppose Hellenic League is technically an imperial title, so unsure whether it's a bug that you don't change to Hellenistic Empire. Which tag were you when you reunifed the Argead empire and took the decision?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Only Diadochi or nations which can become Diadochi (like Epirus/Cyrenaica) can get the Hellenistic Empire tree, since it is basically restoring the Argead empire and not really the empire of the Greeks. As for the tag, I suppose Hellenic League is technically an imperial title, so unsure whether it's a bug that you don't change to Hellenistic Empire. Which tag were you when you reunifed the Argead empire and took the decision?
By that point my tag was the Hellenic League. Suppose it's WAD then. It is a bit disappointing though that restoring the Argead dynasty and essentially being Alexander's heir in that sense doesn't give the option to try to realize his ambitions through the mission tree.

I had also thought if the character forming the Hellenistic empire had blood of the argeads or was argead that the tag would take the title Argead Empire.

DD54: Balearic Islands + Rebellion Rework
Dev Diary 54: Balearic Islands + Rebellion rework

Salvete!
It's been awhile since we have a had a Developer Diary but worry not, we have not been idle. During the summer we have continued working on various projects, today we'll take a look at the lovely Balearic Islands as presented by Zorgoball but first, i'll quickly clarify the regional rebellions we have designed and the changes we have made in the system for next update.

Regional Rebellion rework
Recently, in the 1.4 update we introduced the Regional rebellion system as designed by me and Dementive. Now in the current version on steam (V1.4e), the system works as following: when a province rebels, any province in the region or neighbouring with less than 25 loyalty spawns an additional rebellion which joins the rebellion war. Now initially this seemed like a good system but over time more reports came in that reconquering your rebellions costed an extreme amount of AE due to how war allies aren't considered belligerents in the conflict. Now over the last few weeks i've redesigned them with help from Dementive to ensure this does not happen anymore. Instead of spawning additional rebellions, all disloyal provinces in the region or neighbouring instead join the country of the initial rebellion and the rebellion sees 3 cultures get integrated to ensure they have a large levy and can utilise their pops. The home country also gets claims on the rebelling provinces. Aditionally there are now 3 variations of a revolt: 1. is as described before with all disloyal provinces joining the rebelling country (chance is 60%), 2. is like 1 except the country gets a modifier and some extra troops to make them harder to fight (chance is 20%), this variant only fires if you own more than 100 territories. 3. is how it was before with multiple rebellions spawning (chance is 20%).

TLDR:
Most of the time, instead of additional rebellions, only one larger consolidated rebellion will spawn.
You get claims on the rebelling land and AE issue should be resolved.

Now onto the Balearic Islands:
Hello everyone, it’s Zorgoball, and I’m here after a relaxing summer break to discuss one of the new mission trees made by Aerozona for the next update. Keeping in mind our self-appointed mission to bring flavor to smaller, regional tags, Gymnaesia, the island nation off of the coast of Iberia, now has an exciting and fun campaign to unify the Balearides - let’s dive right in and take a look at what you can expect!
Ukdj46waA4AreKAUT_jYlvzzvRkK0R3TAxqzRrDGqOpuCfP4ZdalwWEdbJACoXA4m6f1S7cHTBX6V0_qkzRFcqp2aziEYGDxlgA-yQxGBTwaMtCiU5pNpkoPDMNgQiS6P_ncmIq9c56l1LvtzAQF3hzGT4Ma5UFqsMUggf31-R9rP5Kp974Jwhk7_w
YyiBSOcvzlFNWt7NUFeVLD2UVXLkJTzGHSy82UZ_WdznuKtv88GmNoULd9tJKKIVH9-shK36iiD7W3Jzd3z6sh8bkxOikweY1zk0P1iI1gfg5fv-SMEcJhNN5p-EanBIzYO1tq2wqVcHhjCXQ7xQEJ3HXhEH26VhONyvP7DZ6lMR2Nsjlg8WoLJmBA

The two islands that comprise the nation state of Gymnaesia are populated by Talaiotic tribesmen, a smaller branch of the Occidental Culture Group. Skilled slingers and knowledgeable sailors, especially when compared to their distant cousins the Corsians and the Nuragics, the Gymnaesians enjoy a quiet primitivity on their isles and are considered to be the masters of the Balearides, with one glaring exception - Ibasim. The only city in the region, Ibasim has long been a feudatory of the mighty Carthaginians to the south, who highly prize the island’s markets and fortified ports. Taking this city from Carthage will be no easy task, and yet the Gymnaesians might be able to take advantage of distractions in the wider world, striking when Carthage’s navies are busy elsewhere…
HeEasPwDBsZo_13xnYIztLJyB3G8CUbS1porBQxktQA3okDvgyAup1et-VgweO2Y5MJhOkYyNSaEqUpjw4P402c9J-OPS_2Ha5P1X611EF_w2vGTnGhvcjFAsZEWdj_qS5GdS71GqtJ5wjK7lDjAOQP9fkSVmrUdecfPR2xAQPVEuI3MetcMbSe_zQ
qpYJY18aodvQIUZpA-qrlxOQ8HbUHgAPYC9GpVZR49-164VG7j_11da8Bx6oEBvsrAu41juDUH-cHJCZaEJl3mPMvAqsUBI83A32WTazif6feAHrUGAwu-GlbxLEqxIrFHUzLjP1WkyaNXcbEVWW7g6Jn5oAuWF88xrIl0RGyzmSlZ7XerHzSI6Gpw
dfaunGttIudhHZdnto-OR3wwL-al7q592JO46hLWq-VUstJKAM3E5zaQ9Qup1y_BAkpbIjtuIi1YjQ72SK_-en-4gR0FbDp4dtuw5wBG0d7W5I_wALCjD91DSg5k20Wuv2rqWx1F4OHqJRopGE_4pll2SybydHolkp3nC6HlykRY2svs_d26bZr6Yg

Bear in mind, the island was once home to a people similar in culture to those living on the bigger pair of Mallorca and Menorca, but there was a mysterious depopulation of the island during the Bronze Age Period and and the remaining Archaic Period population was both swiftly conquered and assimilated by the first Punic settlers.

If these Talaiotic tribesmen are able to pull off a stunning upset and take the island of Ibasim back for themselves, there will be a series of tasks available to upgrade the local infrastructure, as well as some extra help with assimilating the locals. A difficult task for anyone, but the Gymnaesians are quick studies, if not anything, and the lessons they learn in rebuilding Ibasim will certainly come in handy when the time comes to embellish their own capital province of Palma.
9-VS-MP2D2Zkw8WJLMsXBHa23ZevAzTvrClr1XjB5XSAEBrG9w4iqFkfcSys0_DpZAMcKEfZYx6mPudgnFtlU5rQB4ZO1m3v4XEMwn2jPDy4LpqCIKURKPcgqoScerbECjRGzF4c6jGkyJ_dHnUT2ZjFXoF4EO4Qggs9LerhkWMW6TmlI6VV6ala0A

A successful war against Ibasim will prove to the Tribal Elders the pressing need to invest in a powerful navy, no matter how steep the cost. But there are also other local sources of inspiration, like the notorious Pirates of Mago and their ravaging fleets that ply the waters of the Mare Balearium. The waters connecting the Balearics to mainland Iberia have long been a precious trading link across the western Mediterranean, and raiding is far from good for business.

For as long as Gymnaesia has existed in game, they have lived in a state of uneasy coexistence with the pirates squatting on their easternmost isle, but tensions will reach an inevitable boiling point. Perhaps a deal could be made with these brigands; instead of expelling them for their safe havens in our waters, we could embrace their presence and see what they can teach our sailors?
bMD99qwSh8IE6iWBijDk9Ys9viV2m4zNCR-yBP8gGoX17TcJKKvlPkfSHWdWS88EE_PXZkKTuqA0R-WgFqwXEaygg_0Qic2HLeJzmAgufgXETrPcihYgQMtF8Sk3r84JXkYaP-8zDNei53b-66php-sGtrE_UPS8o2JDCjiuT6Al3aSLiZnovh14BQ

Pillaging and plundering will not be the only things available for the Gymnaesians to do; there will be peaceful options for expansion available as well, although the presence of Talaiotic settlers on the western shores of the island of Corsica might not be well-received by the local powers.
uRbugnjhF7ubMQUQ3bvLWwxUqLkZKEmNMStFylHv1SeAtCNpU8n3hoZ5bgoIklyBp_4HBMLFPhzDPxSs3lDYTUdXX3tfJuRyV0JYBjj_oCCmrewUDQaz2vaB6nf2Fl83uDgjNs1iP1TzappBWMUD0q3FMbG0PcP97ukqSeYgfMPDhU2TooPl71Fn7Q

Yet that will be a problem for another day, as the Balearides have immediate concerns that need to be dealt with, like importing enough wood and cedar to support their navies. But time is surely on their side; one day, all of Sardinia and Corsica will eventually be theirs, for all of the nearby islands are fair game for Gymnaesia. And all of the bold strides that they are making towards centralizing will eventually allow access to an autocratic monarchy - the Balearide Crown awaits the ambitious in our next update!

_HsBpJl9M-V_hXOXH2YtyXz6nEYn6lqOq4VYABUzky8YMr01GR8lt9rjlGOP-WApaYwKsdmhm97xnA_Ma5hXCsLDtXZ3r0zW2FsUbnK1iB1iWEU9iN-7qcal1tJizS0vlS2VT5gvmPNXTGtrBWPUzFh8exFVO8eySOIdc9xyPSasDyhkBxccjWFRSQ

Finally for those who do not read the steam workshop patch notes or don't follow our announcements on Discord: https://discord.gg/eaPhRbSq73.
Patch notes of updates since last DD:
V1.4a - Ptolemaios

Reupload and minor graphical fixes.
v1.4b - Ptolemaios (save-compatible)
- Temporarily disabled tutor event due to freezing issues
- Slightly cut down on rebellion tags by making them consolidate into the primary revolt if appropriate
- Fixed an impossible Numidian mission
V1.4c - Ptolemaios (save-compatible)
- Rebalanced religion modifiers
- Rebalanced Israelite heritages
- Added blood of Zipoetes icon
- Updated Tradegood icons
- Fixed a lot of bugs with Bithynia (like getting a 1000 pops instead of 10)
- Fixed Cotinian culture not being capitalized
- Cyrenaican Magid Kingdom path now properly gets access to the Diadochi Hellenistic Empire tree
- Fixed AI spamming farming settlements
- Deleted an unnecessary apostrophe
- Fixed the broken subterranean dwellings invention
- Fixed Anatolians not being able to raid
- Cleared legacy tooltip for the Levantine traditions
- Added a missing language specifier
- Changed barbarian name to Syrboteans from Moyans
V1.4d - Ptolemaios (save-compatible)
- Added Better UI as a dependency so Invictus loads after
- Improved Bithynian, Carthaginian and Greco-Indian fort models (thanks MattTheLegoMan)
- Fixed Coat of Arms textured Emblems (thanks Londoninium)
- Tweaked rebellions to cost less AE and consolidate better
- Fixed several military tradition bugs for Anatolians
- Made Rome expand into Iberia and Africa
- Fixed overlapping ui and missing tooltips
- Bithynian cities are no longer locked to Settlements
- Improved Bithynian loc
- Added extra fruit to Asia minor
- Bithynia missions now properly give Pharaoh trat
- Cyrenaican missions now check for Silphium
- Liguria is now a tier 1 formable
- Fixed some pronouns in Scythian missions
- Reorganised internal on_actions
- Nearchos Andromotid has been made historically accurate
- Holdings now properly transfer on death
- Fixed character backgrounds bugging out
V1.4e - Ptolemaios (save-compatible)
- Reworked parts of Pontic decisions for the Mithridatic kingdom to now work in all cases instead of just when a specific set of actions were taken
- Reworked the Parthian invasion to be stronger and fire as consistently as possible
- Fixed the barca distinction not triggering
- Fixed consolidation of same culture region revolts
- Reduced chance of Kemetic flavour events firing to prevent spam
- Zipoetes now no longer has two numbers in his name
- Fixed some Cyrenaican bugs related to Silphium
- Fixed an impossible Aksumite task
- Fixed the final Indian task being impossible
- Fixed a spelling mistake in the trade good decisions

• 23Like
  • 7Love
Reactions:
Maybe, not really high priority though as there are already plenty of Greek mission trees.
Certainly the Greeks have many mission trees, but the Cretans do not have access to any, (except the generiac) until they form Crete. I am not talking about a super extensive mission to dominate all of Greece, only about the unification of Crete.

I made one based on other missions (rhodes, sparta) but I was never 100% satisfied, it needs more flavor.

Im currently through a save game of imperator. Is there any way to ensure my invictus doesnt update to the newest one on my end, espeically since it breaks saves?
Two ways come to my mind :
1) Create your own mod folder, name it to something you don't yet have and copy the Invictus files into it.
2) Use the Github of Invictus once it updates and use the branch that holds the previous version.

Im currently through a save game of imperator. Is there any way to ensure my invictus doesnt update to the newest one on my end, espeically since it breaks saves?
If I publish a save-breaking update, I always update Old-Invictus on the workshop too meaning you can continue older saves on that mod.
That being said you shouldn't have to worry as there are no save-breaking updates planned soon.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Have you considered granting the minimum of technology to Taulantia and Dardania, since they both start as monarchies but with 0 technologies? or is it due to the cultural group to which they belong?