• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
testing some changes with the fezzan tribes of makae culture, I found that the problem of the units that are recruited is due to some pop from other cultures that are in the capital (Mesphe and Waddan) if they are changed, the corresponding units will be recruited, at least it worked for me.

Will there be localization into Russian ?
Right now we don't have plans for a Russian translation. Not because we don't want to, but because we don't have Russian translators. Maybe if we had the manpower, we could start working on it, at least as a submod. But, as I said, for now this is not planned.

greetings, in the mission of judea, when you ask nabataeans to become a subject state and they reject it, you should receive claims on the province of arabia petrea, instead you receive claims on the province of yazygia, in the region of Dacia.

the problem is in the event of the mission, specifically in judea_inv.8 (line 649), it has 4860(id deejacigia), if it is changed to 729 it works.

• 1Like
Reactions:
DD37: Ashoka update (patch notes)
Salvete!
Today we have as much new content to show off as Varus had legions after Teutoburg. What I do have is the patch notes for the update releasing in 2 days on the 9th of February (you'll have to give us some leeway on exact timing). And an announcement that we'll be holding another dev clash on the 15th of February, 6-9PM CET every Wednesday. The dev clash will be streamed by one of the gamemasters, DaFoogle.
DaFoogle (gamemaster):

Enjoy!

V1.3 - "Ashoka"

Map changes:
- Expanded map into Morocco
- Expanded map into Algeria
- Added Maldives
- Improved map quality in newly expanded areas, thanks to MattTheLegoMan
- Changed Central-Asian nation setup
- Changed Moroccan nation setup
- Added Oasis, Desert Hills and Floodplain terrain types around the map

Added content:
- Added full content to Cyrenaica:
Includes 6 full mission trees and plenty of events
- Added missions for Germanics:
Istvaeonics - 1 Tree (form Francia)
Francia - 1 Tree
-------------
Ingvaeonics - 1 Tree (form Saxonia)
Saxonia - 1 Tree
-------------
Marcomannia, Quadia, Suebia - 1 Tree
Semnonia, Suebia - 1 Tree
-------------
Gothonics - 1 Tree
-------------
Vandals - 1 Tree
-------------
Bastarnae and Sciria - 1 Tree
- Added full content for Rhodes:
Including 2 mission trees, flavour events and more
- Added full content to Maurya:
Includes scripted collapse, spread of Buddhism, 2 mission trees and plenty of events.
Scripted collapse includes rebellions, Indo-Greek invasion and more.
First mission tree becomes available once Ashoka becomes ruler
- Custom scripted Central-Asian invasions
- Added Persis to the map as a Satrap
- Added Gedrosia to the map as a Satrap
- Added full content to Anuradhapura
Includes 2 mission trees and flavour events.
- Added large mission tree for Kalinga
- Added large mission tree for Lanka
- Added content to Buddhism including decisions, events and more
- Added large mission tree to Fezzani tribes
- Added Hindu Caste laws
- Added sugar as a tradegood
- Added various new artwork to missions
- New formable: Achaean League, Indo-Scythian Kingdom
- Decisions for Steppe tribes bringing along Steppe horses
- Added custom wonder effects to all historical wonders

Reworked content:
- Rebalanced all wonder effects
To compensate for historical wonders receiving custom effects and thus preventing stacking.
- Extended Kush content
- Reworked progression into Dictatorship
Tech should now appear properly once you appoint a dictator and sensibilised requirements
- Reworked Spearmen movement 2 to 2.5
- Rebalanced Diadochia AI to make them more competitive
- Internally reworked Bloodlines to make them easier to change

Translations:
- Translated over 250 events/missions into Spanish.

Bugfixes:
- Fixed broken Meshes
- Fixed Antigonid mission with broken Bloodline triggers
- Fixed broken cultural province names
- Fixed broken Bactrian mission in the final tree
- Restored Vanilla Punic Deities
- Removed broken Deities
- Fixed some Anatolian technology not appearing
- Fixed various vanilla bugs with GUI thanks to Agamidae
- Fixed not needing Pella to develop it
- Fixed bug where Kush lost its military traditions

Last edited:
  • 33Like
  • 9Love
Reactions:
Yes Germanic trees! So exciting!!

• 3Like
Reactions:
Suggestions for next release:
  • Expand map to include more playing hours in any given day
  • Rework my work/life balance so I can actually enjoy all this new content
  • Add new mission tree for me to stop drooling over these DDs and actually play the game

Thank you.

• 8Haha
  • 5Like
Reactions:
Salvete!
Today we have as much new content to show off as Varus had legions after Teutoburg. What I do have is the patch notes for the update releasing in 2 days on the 9th of February (you'll have to give us some leeway on exact timing). And an announcement that we'll be holding another dev clash on the 15th of February, 6-9PM CET every Wednesday. The dev clash will be streamed by one of the gamemasters, DaFoogle.
DaFoogle (gamemaster):

Enjoy!

V1.3 - "Ashoka"

Map changes:
- Expanded map into Morocco
- Expanded map into Algeria
- Added Maldives
- Improved map quality in newly expanded areas, thanks to MattTheLegoMan
- Changed Central-Asian nation setup
- Changed Moroccan nation setup
- Added Oasis, Desert Hills and Floodplain terrain types around the map

Added content:
- Added full content to Cyrenaica:
Includes 6 full mission trees and plenty of events
- Added missions for Germanics:
Istvaeonics - 1 Tree (form Francia)
Francia - 1 Tree
-------------
Ingvaeonics - 1 Tree (form Saxonia)
Saxonia - 1 Tree
-------------
Marcomannia, Quadia, Suebia - 1 Tree
Semnonia, Suebia - 1 Tree
-------------
Gothonics - 1 Tree
-------------
Vandals - 1 Tree
-------------
Bastarnae and Sciria - 1 Tree
- Added full content for Rhodes:
Including 2 mission trees, flavour events and more
- Added full content to Maurya:
Includes scripted collapse, spread of Buddhism, 2 mission trees and plenty of events.
Scripted collapse includes rebellions, Indo-Greek invasion and more.
First mission tree becomes available once Ashoka becomes ruler
- Custom scripted Central-Asian invasions
- Added Persis to the map as a Satrap
- Added Gedrosia to the map as a Satrap
- Added full content to Anuradhapura
Includes 2 mission trees and flavour events.
- Added large mission tree for Kalinga
- Added large mission tree for Lanka
- Added content to Buddhism including decisions, events and more
- Added large mission tree to Fezzani tribes
- Added Hindu Caste laws
- Added sugar as a tradegood
- Added various new artwork to missions
- New formable: Achaean League, Indo-Scythian Kingdom
- Decisions for Steppe tribes bringing along Steppe horses
- Added custom wonder effects to all historical wonders

Reworked content:
- Rebalanced all wonder effects
To compensate for historical wonders receiving custom effects and thus preventing stacking.
- Extended Kush content
- Reworked progression into Dictatorship
Tech should now appear properly once you appoint a dictator and sensibilised requirements
- Reworked Spearmen movement 2 to 2.5
- Rebalanced Diadochia AI to make them more competitive
- Internally reworked Bloodlines to make them easier to change

Translations:
- Translated over 250 events/missions into Spanish.

Bugfixes:
- Fixed broken Meshes
- Fixed Antigonid mission with broken Bloodline triggers
- Fixed broken cultural province names
- Fixed broken Bactrian mission in the final tree
- Restored Vanilla Punic Deities
- Removed broken Deities
- Fixed some Anatolian technology not appearing
- Fixed various vanilla bugs with GUI thanks to Agamidae
- Fixed not needing Pella to develop it
- Fixed bug where Kush lost its military traditions
Sounds awesome! I take it that it won’t be savegame compatible? Sad I’ll have to abandon my current Roman campaign, but oh well!
Also, I was wondering - when I have a family that’s scorned, it’s often difficult to tell who they are in the list of people because their trait icons lie over the top of the scorned family icon. Is that something fixable? I think it’s a vanilla thing, not just your mod.
Other than that… awesome! :D

I wanted to drop off some suggestions. Thank you for your mod!

Antagonists:
Found in: /setup/main/00_default.txt
Wiki: https://imperator.paradoxwikis.com/Antagonist

This modifier is useful for super-charging a country, for instance, if you want to strongly encourage a specific outcome in a war or over a longer period of time. Its biggest strength lies in the willingness of the ordinary AI to give up more to the Antagonist AI in peace deals. However, this also makes the Antagonist AI quickly get out of hand, to the point where you see them paint the entire map without any resistance whatsoever, which tends to be both boring and unfun to play against. In the current game version Rome, Parnia, Sakia, Pissuria, and Zanthia have it. Of these, the steppe tribes especially can make good use of it in their early wars against the Seleukids and Bactrians, which tend to be too big a challenge otherwise (even with the bonuses and penalties they get from the invasion event). After they defeated the Seleukids or were defeated by them they don't need it anymore (they will be strong enough to take on most opponents like any Major Power upon victory and if they were defeated, the Seleukid AI deserves a break). If they keep it, they start blobbing excessively. Rome on the other hand, doesn't need it at all, not even early on. They are already the strongest or second strongest power in their neighbourhood at the start of the game (only rivalled by Etruria and later Carthage, rarely Epirus). Given the incredible value of the territories on the Italian peninsula, Rome becomes pretty much unstoppable (for the AI) with the modifier active after the first 50 years at the latest. To keep the game from becoming stale, I'd suggest to remove this modifier from Rome entirely, and remove it from the steppe tribes after their invasion of Persia has succeeded or failed.​

Province Loyalty:
Found in: /common/on_action/00_specific_from_code.txt
Relevant reddit post:
The AI receives a massive bonus to province loyalty to counteract many of its shortcomings with province management. If you take this bonus away, especially larger realms tend to face frequent revolts in newly acquired territory. If these revolts happen one after another, the AI can clean up just fine most of the time. But, if these revolts happen while the AI is already occupied in a war or similar or they all pop at once, the AI tends to be overwhelmed. This is perhaps most noticeable with the early Diadochi conquests as well as the Seleukids mid-game. As this is easily exploitable by the player, removing the bonus tends to make the game too easy. Yet, with the bonus active, the larger AI realms become strangely monolithic as no weak AI will ever attack a stronger AI (even if said AI is occupied already and couldn't realistically defend itself very well) and there are basically no revolts (except for the odd civil war here and there). Maurya is the most noteworthy example, as they will basically never break up or lose a war, dominating India until eternity's end. Examples for the west would be Carthage, Rome, and whichever Diadochi come out on top after their initial wars. I am not sure, how to resolve this dilemma (judging by your notes on the next update, Maurya at least is taken care of already). Maybe a centralised revolt event for Empires that have grown very large, which result in a large scale internal war (that should still be winnable as not to be unfair to the AI). Maybe have the province loyalty bonus decline the farther away from the capital the respective province is (or a Governor loyalty penalty that works the same way).​

Habitability:
Wiki: https://imperator.paradoxwikis.com/Territories#Terrain
Mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2411034358

Territories receive habitability bonuses for rivers flowing through them or being near an ocean. Lakes do not give any such benefits, even if it would make sense. The Dead Sea might be a particularly bad example, but the Caspian Sea is a good one. It would be nice to see positive modifiers for certain lakes (wherever they make sense, really) for more immersive city founding choices. Perhaps even more important for cities is the respective climate. While this is largely stable across a single province, there are some with singular territories having a far better or worse climate in terms of habitability. The mod linked above allows for climates to be shown, which would make a neat addition for the Invictus baseline. An interface element to show the natural +/- habitability of the territory in question (i.e. the one before counting stuff like Deities or City Status) would also be nice for quickly gauging a territories suitability for founding a city or later metropolis.​

Are another map extensions planned? I'm thinking about Ethiopia to give African states more room and Belarus/Ukraine/Baltic to give states there another space to expand. Wastelands are understandable in places like Sahara, having green, lush land unavailable for colonization is a bit strange. I know the map can't be expanded indefinitely, but a bit more room there would be nice.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I wanted to drop off some suggestions. Thank you for your mod!

Antagonists:
Found in: /setup/main/00_default.txt
Wiki: https://imperator.paradoxwikis.com/Antagonist

This modifier is useful for super-charging a country, for instance, if you want to strongly encourage a specific outcome in a war or over a longer period of time. Its biggest strength lies in the willingness of the ordinary AI to give up more to the Antagonist AI in peace deals. However, this also makes the Antagonist AI quickly get out of hand, to the point where you see them paint the entire map without any resistance whatsoever, which tends to be both boring and unfun to play against. In the current game version Rome, Parnia, Sakia, Pissuria, and Zanthia have it. Of these, the steppe tribes especially can make good use of it in their early wars against the Seleukids and Bactrians, which tend to be too big a challenge otherwise (even with the bonuses and penalties they get from the invasion event). After they defeated the Seleukids or were defeated by them they don't need it anymore (they will be strong enough to take on most opponents like any Major Power upon victory and if they were defeated, the Seleukid AI deserves a break). If they keep it, they start blobbing excessively. Rome on the other hand, doesn't need it at all, not even early on. They are already the strongest or second strongest power in their neighbourhood at the start of the game (only rivalled by Etruria and later Carthage, rarely Epirus). Given the incredible value of the territories on the Italian peninsula, Rome becomes pretty much unstoppable (for the AI) with the modifier active after the first 50 years at the latest. To keep the game from becoming stale, I'd suggest to remove this modifier from Rome entirely, and remove it from the steppe tribes after their invasion of Persia has succeeded or failed.​
The antagonist cannot be added or removed after game start, it has to be defined in setup.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Are another map extensions planned? I'm thinking about Ethiopia to give African states more room and Belarus/Ukraine/Baltic to give states there another space to expand. Wastelands are understandable in places like Sahara, having green, lush land unavailable for colonization is a bit strange. I know the map can't be expanded indefinitely, but a bit more room there would be nice.
There will be a vote on the Invictus Discord after this update to see which region people would like to see added next. The highest voted I will be doing, alongside 1 other I will choose.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The AI receives a massive bonus to province loyalty to counteract many of its shortcomings with province management. If you take this bonus away, especially larger realms tend to face frequent revolts in newly acquired territory. If these revolts happen one after another, the AI can clean up just fine most of the time. But, if these revolts happen while the AI is already occupied in a war or similar or they all pop at once, the AI tends to be overwhelmed. This is perhaps most noticeable with the early Diadochi conquests as well as the Seleukids mid-game. As this is easily exploitable by the player, removing the bonus tends to make the game too easy. Yet, with the bonus active, the larger AI realms become strangely monolithic as no weak AI will ever attack a stronger AI (even if said AI is occupied already and couldn't realistically defend itself very well) and there are basically no revolts (except for the odd civil war here and there). Maurya is the most noteworthy example, as they will basically never break up or lose a war, dominating India until eternity's end. Examples for the west would be Carthage, Rome, and whichever Diadochi come out on top after their initial wars. I am not sure, how to resolve this dilemma (judging by your notes on the next update, Maurya at least is taken care of already). Maybe a centralised revolt event for Empires that have grown very large, which result in a large scale internal war (that should still be winnable as not to be unfair to the AI). Maybe have the province loyalty bonus decline the farther away from the capital the respective province is (or a Governor loyalty penalty that works the same way).​
I play Imperator Invictus together with a mod taking away said AI loyalty boost and since the last update of Invictus I don't have the impression anymore that they really struggle that much. Sure, it occupies them a bit to crack down those rebellions- but the Seleucics (which are prone to collapse with the mod activated in vanilla) stayed strong in my last playthrough. The Invictus team likely sharpened the skills of the AI to keep the provinces loyal (I see them e.g. more often using the harsh treatment govenor policy) What impacts the game a lot more IMO is the fact that the Roman Steamroll machine suddenly stutters for a quite long period in the later mid game - the inevitable civil war often goes over many decades and takes them out for that time - resulting in Rome staying much smaller than historical at the end of IRs timeframe.

• 1Like
Reactions: