• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First of all, thanks for the efforts of the mod team! I heard of the mod before, but I just recognized how much good content it adds, after reading the DDs the last two days!

I would really like to try the mod, but I would already prefer the building balance changes. I guess there is no chance, that you are going to release only this balance change already? If not that's fine, I will wait until release then, but I thought I could ask :D

@Invictus devs:

Maybe you can release every Month a new Build and add only a few missions instead a big package only a few time per year.

I think I found a bug with the mod. There are a couple Epirus missions where I need to own or have my Hellenic puppet own so many territories in Magna Graecia. But for whatever reason the mission does not count either my Syracuse puppet, nor the actual created Magna Graecia client state of mine. I am unsure if this is a bug with the mod or in the base game as well.
That's a vanilla bug but i'll see if I can fix it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
@Invictus devs:

Maybe you can release every Month a new Build and add only a few missions instead a big package only a few time per year.
Problem is somethings are linked, usually with mechanics and we try to prevent publishing save breaking updates without proper warning meaning we kinda have to post it in one big update.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Problem is somethings are linked, usually with mechanics and we try to prevent publishing save breaking updates without proper warning meaning we kinda have to post it in one big update.
Okay, that's understandable!

I have one suggestion for a future update (maybe it's already on your list): Balancing the effects of the national ideas. Would be great, if the national ideas are more balanced, so that one has more viable choices depending on how the player wants to play rather than only looking for the most powerful national ideas. There are already a couple of good ones, but some need a buff or an additional bonus to become good. Maybe some ideas need a nerf, but I would buff weak ones mostly imo.

National Ideas are basically just a copy-paste from EU:Rome and they should be like one of the first parts of the game to get an overhaul.

Making them balanced would be nice, but it's still just a face lifting.

Reactions:
National Ideas are basically just a copy-paste from EU:Rome and they should be like one of the first parts of the game to get an overhaul.

Making them balanced would be nice, but it's still just a face lifting.
Absolutely agree, but I guess this would be a lot of work and I don't know, if the Mod team want to do that (in the near future or at all). So a balancing update on the ideas already would be amazing and just a decent amount of effort. Maybe we will get someday an overhaul of the system, but meanwhile a balance update would be great.

Hey guys, love the mod and it has really brought me back to I:R. One thing I wanted to ask though is if there's any current plans to expand the religions more? The Illyrians being Hellenic and all of Anatolia being Cybelene is grossly inaccurate and has always bothered me personally. The Illyrians should have a standalone religion of their own and outside of Phrygia the other Anatolian peoples should still follow the Hittite/Luwian religion as it didn't die out until the early Christian period circa 300 or so. It wouldn't change a ton about the game but it would just make things a bit more accurate and that's always nice I think. Either way keep up the great work and thanks for keeping I:R alive.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Absolutely agree, but I guess this would be a lot of work and I don't know, if the Mod team want to do that (in the near future or at all). So a balancing update on the ideas already would be amazing and just a decent amount of effort. Maybe we will get someday an overhaul of the system, but meanwhile a balance update would be great.

Honestly my problem with the national ideas of I:R is not really that there are unbalanced but rather that they only provide a marginal different playstyle to the various tags. I must admit though that I never play multiplayer.

So imho it would be more enjoyable to make the national ideas to matter more so that you could opt for a different (trade, military diplomacy etc) approach when you pick different tags.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Honestly my problem with the national ideas of I:R is not really that there are unbalanced but rather that they only provide a marginal different playstyle to the various tags. I must admit though that I never play multiplayer.

So imho it would be more enjoyable to make the national ideas to matter more so that you could opt for a different (trade, military diplomacy etc) approach when you pick different tags.
Absolutely agree!

So, a while back on this thread I mentioned that I was working on an Arabia rework. Sadly, I had to put it on hold for a bit due to ADHD and needing to focus on work, but I do plan to finish it at some point. Once I have what I think is a decent "first draft" I'll post it on the discord and see if it might be good to integrate.

So, a while back on this thread I mentioned that I was working on an Arabia rework. Sadly, I had to put it on hold for a bit due to ADHD and needing to focus on work, but I do plan to finish it at some point. Once I have what I think is a decent "first draft" I'll post it on the discord and see if it might be good to integrate.
Dustin, another modder also has big plans for Arabia, might be worth contacting him on Discord.

• 1Like
Reactions:
hi, new member here. i love your mod btw but i have one question, in DD #9 there is completely new missions for Judea, but when i play the game with this mod all i saw is vanilla generic mission. is it available from the start or will be available after we complete some vanilla missions?

Last edited:
hi, new member here. i love your mod btw but i have one question, in DD #9 there is completely new missions for Judea, but when i play the game with this mod all i saw is vanilla generic mission. is it available from the start or will be available after we complete some vanilla missions?
The update isn't out yet, we're still working on it, we'll do a big announcement once we release the next big update.

• 1Like
Reactions:
DD17: India Rework + Tamil Kings + story contest
Dev Diary 17: India Rework + Tamil Kings
Salvete! Today we’ll be talking about one of the most lacking regions in vanilla, India. We have designed for you a culture rework nerfing Maurya and Indian blobs, new heritages, bloodlines and a new set of mission trees for the legendary Tamil Kings.

But first i’ll quickly repeat our announcement from Wednesday and the contest we’re holding.
2 months after the mod released, we have hit the milestone of 10k subs and the second most popular mod on the Imperator workshop, what an achievement.

On behalf of the whole Dev team, we thank you for the great support we have received ever since that auspicious day when Paradox suspended development of Imperator, and the day that our Project began. We have striven to continue the development of Imperator through the power of the community and we can now honestly say that we have succeeded in improving this game.

As most of you will be aware we are working on a very large update more than doubling the content in the mod, but sadly this is still under development for most likely more than a month. Instead we have something else to celebrate this occasion, a Contest of Stories.

We want you to submit the stories/after-action-reports of your campaigns with Invictus here: https://forms.gle/6S4iXJ8SjPyXmBjV7
We will be reading all the submissions and selecting the 3 top contestants who will each get access to our dev-chats after which, the community will vote for who is the winner, the winner will as reward be allowed to ask us to add any (reasonable) suggestion in the Invictus mod and we'll see that it gets added most likely by next update.

We'll be looking forward to reading all the stories and campaigns you have played, whether it is with Rome or a minor Tribe in Germania, all stories are unique with this great game. Ave Imperator: Rome!

Now, onto India!
Dementive here, once again, today we’re going to be looking at the many changes that have been made to the Indian subcontinent.

By far the most impactful change is the rework of Indian cultures. Here we can see the Vanilla Indian cultures:
u_gYkcLki3U9hqheY-X0AlQAzxYPsUyF4x9qZFmt4zDP_dlpxJVl3FeYFoenDx1PWF_UuxWWSb_2nJkdzETHaxojvDtMSCxFO6BpYDt5pFhkBK6_z2y5pipudvtTxxS0Il_7DLC9=s0

With the vanilla setup Maurya and other large Indian states had abnormally large levy sizes. Some cultures like Magadhi and Avanti had around 1000 pops this was awful for balance as most cultures in game have around 100-500 pops. To fix this 21 new cultures have been added to India.
zEz0_h4KAMpFsHH5KuN9DqmynLzcHKzTqXynnoBrP9l1pO_7ZvE_p8PkWiyNvVDBktOQWZ_pryFZHubShsDyFO0rvxHdEZemzbJq9k_sV73wbzJ4k5KUTU6rho7Un3vR_-2_0xs-=s0

Another important thing that has been changed is the levy composition of Indian countries. In vanilla, chariots are vastly overrepresented in some Indian cultures with certain cultures having as high as 20% of their army made of chariots. During this time period chariot warfare was heavily in decline across all of India. Although they were still sparsely in use, to better reflect this Indian levy compositions now have a max of 5% chariots.
Additionally, changes have been made to more accurately reflect the “four-fold division” of ancient Indian armies; these four divisions were the chariots, elephant corps, cavalry and infantry.

One final change, which we will delve into in a future dev diary, is that India will now have two character backgrounds, one for northern Indian cultures, and one for southern Indian cultures. As I said, this is something which will be expanded on in a future dev diary when we eventually discuss the new character backgrounds that will be added to the upcoming update.

Tamil Kings:
The three ruling houses of Tamil India, the Pandyas, Cheras, and Cholas, known collectively as the “Muvendar”, fought for supremacy of southern India and Sri Lanka. These dynasties promoted “Sangam literature” in Tamilakam and built important Hindu temples. Additionally, the Tamil Kings were among the only kingdoms on the entire Indian subcontinent to not be conquered by the expanding Mauryan Empire.

A considerable amount of content has been added for the 3 Tamil kings and their neighbors.
To start off all Lankan cultured countries, Chola, Chera, and Pandya now have unique heritages.
7A6S01ddwm0rQKtENoQL1tZcHfDqvfksyR8v_sgzWoXulfnjPm-hUEssFXzLEekScB1hJ2gJuiFE9sZ_ShihOWw-VFgGIiyoI464rkReKKWEkKsPgnzh6njwHCYrp3dEGmv71MNI=s0

a51F_Lo_CE18g7nqrToicTzD4ZjeRu2BKlFVCbGhpBqasTkONh4ygBbUf8DdKBCpDnT7IW1-0OmwQLeOiBeEv9Si6w7DvHuXaQMNskc-M6sXcsVZgqIx1X5dyr957ycBVNr0VuJd=s0

WumjRp1OHooMbTUp-bizknh96A1yqfv9v4HSg3FPYn7192eKAQvuhsQI0KEblfJ6IbCr91gGgpAZEwnejPctdSFftKjjUrB9017oXV52MN0E5Tt3R-bpSEmT-CsIQTP-Jcvn1q1Q=s0

QyArd-JDa53BTB69HdwcCdpUURyVKyZ3tSlcB-HOICXIF6DkiDyCiWcjKuTYl5kqDRG5L703bW5aTFooCkfMmznszeTsi-cURqEliB5wvowM9RQ-6c4VOOVS6DtcCHbTZCTabzW8=s0

Additionally 4 new bloodlines have been added to India. These include Kalinga, Chola, Chera, and Pandya.
d5bKZF-6XSuw6yq6dwOOdUJGaM35A-t1tqLCh3kUCnVfje6zGRb1DUdNRXk83E4SGGXL3RRywLS1m91EduNasMMqX1vsNVOdsnB-Mlk4SEJLIb18dw4-Gjzhn_jDMtt8yHmljebH=s0

wi68LEXVl9xrnphQ8DHefVOmpuqRAv0RS8bmmnmdGRMB3cdCH7eXe2weKlvE5igtJ0gk5ux0uzTqTBn5-g3UybW91GtgF9C-A--v5RSYXoqqRx-PWnALNAML7pJmPl-5hoJRyK7Z=s0

rVpMHAOlOffziXxHf51Reyln3FLSOLvpBmxh41mNu2V7m2Iy0gsWL0dnvv2lDJTjo10cARBGaefMG-jd7GZGASbUIFGfigChDiAazAsXHBaMCi6CmLyVranZC5e30ycbBf0P7GqR=s0

p_W-wHjqbtTKdwwrU4y3C13PC8gGMkfIPrOYelKuyvYykRIo1xQu6DHKC1f5cpdHxxo5IUpJLgbqlPsoIGwkLNrIRrI02O0ByJKwlEUPJxQlvy_YYL6P3x3XaTxCtAwXba3Znuya=s0

New Coat of Arms have also been made for the 3 Tamil Kings.
Chola:
XP-iHTlF0K1kvbght1EjfjzTutyovIARMCuxNGZPThh8xl7mEQvxGBZXnVWQNTGLjN2iG_EDpJlC2ulsE0zRUgw51XmLvmZ_VA7zqMOQqsCWj5BGykQquZqcxwlewMdGQd2VR6qN=s0

Chera:
6-iZxvwhW276zaRmcRZ2SKMkDdffO3txq2G83ci-CT--QnS91Bk7mFGeLDsgiAWa1x4tw8lRsqrRKqPDWyIaNrR5WXK9LE_d7J59XHaqu51bCyrY8cV54b1EDMedQmvG7uzcmGDI=s0

Pandya:
SanMn5n_0tZlDFFwbFn1a_9ngisGnbPtm49uW-aVKdPZIdFcu3sQPl2op3goade6P71gZrVqmjY58uP1YHJn81CxkAGriqBqcHoZeQnlkDc67yN7hTO8boO1EYf7UFbs5LWJirJ0=s0

The 3 Tamil Kings now share a group mission tree.
_x1pMMWP4fxu-biUEd2DiE_3QDfpxVBNeZJSZV85U99v8g0BpM82X-uhStjvX_5IpNAgMvcRmEQHV-C1Oa75oYYmyjU-N5GkbJfl5lCPSOYszj14JwsvVzAQtQ7H6mLbt3c61S5C=s0

At the Beginning of the tree you will have a very important decision to make. You can embrace the Hindu deity of Shiva or Vishnu. Shiva will guide your nation to the destruction of your enemies, giving claims on many neighboring areas, and other boons to aid your conquest. However, if you choose to embrace Vishnu you will seek to forge a more peaceful and harmonious relationship with your neighbors...by vassalizing or subjugating them all. Embracing Vishnu will give powerful modifiers for playing tall and encourage the establishment of subject states.
VRML4rlQf6VdNDcVN6Ge2ZbCHOZjobey7fhy3yimFK3wuGrZDZCdI5rKH74P4Y9evwn7exSn4M70Bh8uuEYV3S_2mA50cl9Eq7ecLfV1vfQiVt6SgYDBhbD8pddUkSHRkWplilyw=s0

3N3Wu0KwO2Egl1LaEYjE971oW9LresCgP9sQB8yk10rdL96U_ofKvK4mpoKZCk1o3yoWfBSEXIZW1Tn-Tmqsc6yXjrUU77mlGdIqmj-y3Euy1BmW_6fQi0x0oL__S_rcjU2K4fty=s0

Each path offers unique permanent modifiers upon their completion.
Shiva:
8z9AKZYhVLyaJxDPKTb6ydT07y4FUiDM36TnWgPbHRTgS3aUCo87grvgO_Tvwazhb0oD9s0zkr6naklwku1EoM4TTdfWEIQv8bkKChJjI4Qv5M_3SqL37Of7_RmiW3ljO_FFDfiO=s0

Vishnu:
ifTz8UyGvS1UMvSsvOxN5GNt0WqE9FBOuhcuSlOcDRItKJzj9aQ7JkrRTRxDoaGXH1nq4WJKBdXoXPs3V3YDlL_6Yr8aRtqNFWi8Z3b5MrsnE98vPTN8NJXRNIn3cmPVFg8HTE8A=s0

Additionally, Chola, Chera, and Pandya all have a unique branch of several missions on the right side of the tree. Chola is focused on developing their lands and overpowering their rival Tamil kings. Chera is primarily focused on trade. Pandya is focused on embellishing Sangam literature and developing Madurai.

Upon completion of the tree your country will change to Tamilakam, your primary culture will become Tamil, a lot of your pops will become Tamil, and you will now be able to start the second mission tree: Tamilakam Unity.
pRIFBhNgbFEorCBUv7deKPvSpoIv7P7hC32lSBNR1_RHqqV3kgst_y-o-pQPMR1yna2j8JqaNsSnsymAVqy_HdTNlKPi_7suVOnfN44JK4nJJk1okEhyOx9KeC8XSJc5ewIXOLuG=s0

rbjnBvTaYCyNJtY8qPWdVob2Mjh1eJ68S9DfD_X8sr4pJmwSLF639pv6OsFahL4zaVcyzeZrplxxLOh5YXh7K56-zBvI-qyPoT3q2k6H2jfbO3ekPj0sL4-MmwDHTUSkwekYt5k2=s0

Upon forming Tamilakam you will be blessed with the greatest coat of arms ever created:
rlb4YPrPnHumaoBkmKcIJrkBuEdV91rFX3EyOMXn4-os2NqPYH1Vhki3ES9E-PgxV_w1T7ws3jPFH2Aa_2umm3KIygjJxhVrvb8cT153qPcF3T-Sag_eibF7sOvbkNsoi7dJ5zqf=s0

And a new map color:
PW9vFOXqjFUPZPDtISKSCPcu18bT1SKDRRPy6cqS1Oksh368LZzDotuvulVsSq4Lq5yiGz9Ym5yGfaUOgI88V5FVsCkP4ifhYUFp75zrB9binhz0WnYcm3ZYinkzRYHtfYCnC-2T=s0

At this time Tamilakam was one of the wealthiest places on earth with thriving trade networks stretching from Rome to China. The left side of the tree is the development branch and will ensure the prosperity of Tamilakam for many centuries to come.

At the end of the development branch a character will appear in your country with the newly added Great Builder trait.
gK5JyVYUk19s9AFliX5bOHvbx6n73vp6HKU0-Hj9hNBg8mcNJEbkUSJ9nfYSCR8LjvH-Gc0cU6bpqC2NO9oiRaknufO4R07ByGNHz3plgiJosOrEAZQWQPcnje4msJ977MdTofZf=s0

The missions will guide you through consolidation of the Dravidian Cultures and eventually the destruction of Maurya on your way to becoming the Masters of India!
W7cSKoI8nztXuZDlfeu34VCjdI4NouMxSvW6fV2tpFFNWtBivKNmbgfirvpAoIgGzOJBz10kRY1hKvJh7qZk2LVUhDXWozDmfuvq8J2_4gyaIyUjrkzvn1murth3-omO_N6PmtC7=s0

Here are some interesting events as well:
PKIWGz2WsR7jRkbv-OZP5LMeWrK_JG8HW-vFqiYsXODbkR2sk6XO74bIDke-2YVJ7HG5BSewbF9TjXb4ep5gD16qhZjx-SCtCjAgBZGbWetVkCNUHPZROJaFTYhu5-dvo0ToHHe9=s0

2gSKZJ-pXv5E_sb6LhPKmHE-yWWl9eGmc9IZ92hnzkyAfpYpPX8NFK-cyHrx6hgyyAbvmGLQZocSbJN4bini-cBoVuQcwl0n1JozHwUNvuSoA6ErrF5SYcVgOs3DtX-70S-i7U9P=s0

There are a multitude of other interesting flavor events as well to keep you going on your way to Uniting India under one Tamil Kings.

• 30Like
  • 4Love
Reactions:
Are any changes going to be made to ensure the Maurya actually fall apart more consistently? These changes are great and for sure have me excited to play in the region but the giant blob always worries me because they end up annexing all of India almost every game. The current civil war threshold reduction just leads to lots of small revolts that quickly get put down, I think that needs to be removed and replaced with a much heftier character loyalty reduction once Mauryan Decline sets in to give the other nations in the subcontinent a bigger chance to survive and thrive.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Are any changes going to be made to ensure the Maurya actually fall apart more consistently? These changes are great and for sure have me excited to play in the region but the giant blob always worries me because they end up annexing all of India almost every game. The current civil war threshold reduction just leads to lots of small revolts that quickly get put down, I think that needs to be removed and replaced with a much heftier character loyalty reduction once Mauryan Decline sets in to give the other nations in the subcontinent a bigger chance to survive and thrive.

That, or kind of like how tribes that grow large and lose too much stability fall apart at certain thresholds maybe far-flung parts of Maurya could break off.

Nice to see these balance changes for india. Maurya is currently an enormous strong faction (or better say op^^) without any downsides or struggles like the Diadochii. Especially the Antigonids and to some extent the Seleucids have some problems (but they are still very strong as they were historically at that point)

Upon forming Tamilakam you will be blessed with the greatest coat of arms ever created:
rlb4YPrPnHumaoBkmKcIJrkBuEdV91rFX3EyOMXn4-os2NqPYH1Vhki3ES9E-PgxV_w1T7ws3jPFH2Aa_2umm3KIygjJxhVrvb8cT153qPcF3T-Sag_eibF7sOvbkNsoi7dJ5zqf=s0
Yes, I always wanted to have CoT representing a result of "Elephant and Camel were REALLY drunk yesterday at Jeff's party".

Although they were still sparsely in use, to better reflect this Indian levy compositions now have a max of 5% chariots.
Isn't that pushing it too hard the other way around? Indian countries always have big armies and chariots having a minor part in them will make their forces stronger, it's gonna be a pain to deal with them. And Seleucid Empire will die in every game.