An update on the future of Empire of Sin

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MissDeliana

Second Lieutenant
28 Badges
Jul 3, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Empire of Sin - Deluxe Edition
  • Empire of Sin
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
EoS_announcementBrenda_1920.png

Hello Gangsters!

We are so grateful for the feedback we have received from you, and we are already hard at work actively crushing bugs, improving game mechanics, and overall balancing to make Empire of Sin the game you want it to be. We have a couple of great things brewing.

Following on from the recently released console patch, our next release is a big patch coming early in Q1 2021. Internally labelled as 1.03, this patch will focus on improving combat and mission-related issues based on the feedback we have received from our community.

In addition, the mission team has been working through the issues that you raised, and these fixes and improvements will be in the same patch.

We will also be working closely with our newly-formed Community Council (aka The Family) to introduce new features and improvements, and we look forward to their feedback as we work to expand all you can do in Empire of Sin.

You are core to Empire of Sin, and we look forward to your continued feedback!

• 24Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and the best of luck.

This message is the best Christmas gift many of us who want to love this game needed to hear.

If you are looking for volunteers to join 'The Family' and are seeking individuals who are emotionally involved in this process and want you to succeed, who are VERY well educated in Organized Criminal History throughout the 20th Century in America, who have a background writing dialogue and scripts for computer games requiring one to understand the difference between a game being Fun vs a Historical Simulation, and who has a vested interest in helping you fix what he believes might be the best game of next year - please feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions:
This is exactly the message you need to send to your players and fans. Thank you.

I do look forward to seeing how you improve the game and build on the solid foundation you have in place. As I - and many others - have pointed out over and over, you have the infrastructure in place to create a great game. With a little polish to the combat - and a focus on adding true strategic choices (not just kill boss = get everything they own/rinse/repeat/win), this could be one of the best tactical/strategic games on Steam.

Finally - I sincerely hope none of this work is being done right now during the holidays. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Thanks. Was in limbo wasn't sure. I brought the special addition based off Paradoxs name only.

Game has potential but its too bland and buggy. Look forward to the game getting better.

I've been having (and still am) lots of fun with it. 40 hrs in I think I've only just worked out what I'm supposed to be doing. Each game rolls differently which provides new ways of looking at it. I'm not going to repeat old criticisms that you're now well aware of but thanks for the update and enjoy your festivities.

Thanks for the update, today the game became unplayable for me (a bug too many) so I'll be putting it on hold until this patch is rolled out. Shame because I was having some fun with it. And I do think this game has a lot of potential. Hoping to see the

As was the case with sm0ka47 I too bought the special edition because of paradox backing it. I'm sure there'll be others too, if not for this publisher I would probably flown under my radar...

Good luck fixing and improving the game. Please take your time to do it right (already looking forward to it) and enjoy the holidays. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you for the update, hope your holidays are going well.

Looking forward to the future of this game, and hoping the next patch cleans up the major bugs. Thanks for the high level of communication and working with the community. I've been having a blast playing, I think there's a lot of potential for great things in this game. What's the criteria for making meaningful contributions?

Thank you for the update, hope your holidays are going well.

Looking forward to the future of this game, and hoping the next patch cleans up the major bugs. Thanks for the high level of communication and working with the community. I've been having a blast playing, I think there's a lot of potential for great things in this game. What's the criteria for making meaningful contributions?

If you're keen on joining The Family, we recommend you join the Empiore of Sin Discord! https://discord.gg/qX2PTYK
We'll be keeping an eye out for engaged and active players on other channels as well, but the Discord is the best place for it. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and the best of luck.

This message is the best Christmas gift many of us who want to love this game needed to hear.

If you are looking for volunteers to join 'The Family' and are seeking individuals who are emotionally involved in this process and want you to succeed, who are VERY well educated in Organized Criminal History throughout the 20th Century in America, who have a background writing dialogue and scripts for computer games requiring one to understand the difference between a game being Fun vs a Historical Simulation, and who has a vested interest in helping you fix what he believes might be the best game of next year - please feel free to PM me.

We are indeed looking for people forThe Family! We will however do so mroe properly after the Holidays once we're all back in the office. :) If you haven't already, please do join the Empire of Sin Discord! We are keeping an eye out for active and engaged players of Empire of Sin in all of our channels, but the Discord isthe best palce for it. :)
You can find it here: https://discord.gg/qX2PTYK

If you're keen on joining The Family, we recommend you join the Empiore of Sin Discord! https://discord.gg/qX2PTYK
We'll be keeping an eye out for engaged and active players on other channels as well, but the Discord is the best place for it. :)
Copy that, I'll keep active here and maybe eventually join the Discord if the level of interaction warrants it. :)

The game is a disaster. It basically released in early access form under the guise of a complete game. I hope that Paradox listens to the "community council" and have some sense towards historical immersion instead of being woke

• 2Like
Reactions:
The game is a disaster. It basically released in early access form under the guise of a complete game. I hope that Paradox listens to the "community council" and have some sense towards historical immersion instead of being woke

I disagree the game is a disaster.

I do agree the game needs to decide a flavor, historical or Woke. The flip flop on this one, thrown in with the absolute travesty that is "gangster X randomly falls in love with Gangster Y after close association" is just cheap and lazy.

Because why wouldn't a thirty-something year old virile Black veteran whose backstory is he is adored by woman of all types on multiple continents fall in love with a sixty five year old British pensioner doing one last caper before retirement?

• 3Like
Reactions:
I finally found time to play this recently.

The autosave is behaving somewhat irrational and there are no options to control when the game autosaves.
My guess would be that autosaves are only created when you are using the mission system?!
So you have to make regular saves yourself.

That alone would not be too tragic, however paired with rather frequent freezes that require you to exit the game via taskmanager this becomes a problem.
The main reason for the game freezing seems to be that while you initiate combat something else happens at the same time like an assault on one of your properties.
The game wants to jump to the assault but can't since you are in the process of starting combat already.

Gameplay wise what bugs me most is that once you are dragged into a mob war you have this constant cycle of enemies attacking you in multiple places at the same time so you spend the next 30 minutes fighting without any chance to do something else.
The only way out of this hell is to pause the game instantly once you get a second between fights, then you painstakingly have to find the enemies safehouse, travel there and hope that you can assault it before the next attack on one of your properties occurs.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Gameplay wise what bugs me most is that once you are dragged into a mob war you have this constant cycle of enemies attacking you in multiple places at the same time so you spend the next 30 minutes fighting without any chance to do something else.
The only way out of this hell is to pause the game instantly once you get a second between fights, then you painstakingly have to find the enemies safehouse, travel there and hope that you can assault it before the next attack on one of your properties occurs.

But I would say that is realistic of the situation. They'd most likely hit several places at once, so as not to give you a chance to prepare for their "next" hit. War is a bitch, it plays havoc with your plans.

• 1Like
Reactions:
You can literally watch the Mooks walking down the street forming hit teams heading toward your establishment when a war begins. It is not a surprise attack. Transport your shooter team to the target building, use the guards as cannon fodder and hit them before they you. Repeat as needed.

• 1Like
Reactions: