• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Portable Grump

♛ Duchess of the CK3 Forums ♛
Community Ambassador
17 Badges
Feb 17, 2020
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Hello Survivors! An update is live with some new changes!
Your game version should be 1.8.1.6883 on PC and 1.8.1.71 on Xbox.

General
  • Population soft cap has been increased to allow colony births until there are up to 150 colonists in the colony. [Community Request]
  • Fields will now become polluted and the level of pollution affects the current yield of that field.
  • A notification should appear for all irradiated colonists now.
  • All Fierce Mice are now neutral and will not attack colonists unless they are attacked
  • 4 new events added to the game.
  • The colonists will now stop decontaminating a building if it gets damaged and repair it first instead.
Gameplay
  • Highlight all living entities keybind is now a toggle instead and has been added to the controller (R3).
  • The Work Area of the Maintenance Depot can now be resized like other work areas.
Graphics
  • Placing the Garage will no longer make large green squares appear on top of it.
  • Level 2 versions of Tools, Clothes and Guns now have new icons.
Balancing
  • Gate combat has been adjusted to better reflect the level and effect of the gate and how many colonists are guarding it.
  • Dead colonists will now generate a bit more pollution if their bodies are not taken to the Burial Pit.
  • Water Collector now produces the same amount of water as the Water Well and its building cost has been reduced.
  • Cost to repair various energy producing buildings has been decreased.
  • Cookhouse and Mess Hall now use less firewood.
  • Logging Camp now produces more firewood.
  • Wind now has more effect on pollution and how it spreads.
  • Forester now has two workslots.
  • Outhouse and Sauna are more resistant to pollution.

• 4Like
Reactions:
  • Population soft cap has been increased to allow colony births until there are up to 150 colonists in the colony. [Community Request]
  • Cookhouse and Mess Hall now use less firewood.
  • Logging Camp now produces more firewood.
  • Forester now has two workslots.
I Am happy :) this addresses most of what I have been thinking needs changes Thank you for this. :)

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
This is amazing, thank you for the hard work!

I did find one bug. During a heatwave, I found myself somehow able to pick up and move the work area for several of my wells. I started a new game and I'll attempt to reproduce it, but I wasn't sure if anyone else had come across this.

Also, if Wind now plays a larger role in spreading pollution, how do we tell which direction the wind is blowing?

Last edited:
This is amazing, thank you for the hard work!

I did find one bug. During a heatwave, I found myself somehow able to pick up and move the work area for several of my wells. I started a new game and I'll attempt to reproduce it, but I wasn't sure if anyone else had come across this.

Also, if Wind now plays a larger role in spreading pollution, how do we tell which direction the wind is blowing?

Some of the fabrics can indicate the direction but right now it's not superbly clear. Maybe we should add wind vanes or socks to the cosmetics list *wonders*

did anyone notice anything wonky with the electricity? i have 3 large windmills 90 and 2 small windmills 28 and it shows i have 132 extra power after 6 miners 1 med tent and a refinery.

There's an issue with regards to magnetic storms causing wonky power issues, often doubling available power. If you save during a magnetic storm then when you reload your game it often pushes your power consumption into the negatives, which can be extra weird. But Joanna_ifs mentioned they're aware of it and it'll be fixed. Since the fix didn't make it into the 1.8.1 patch I'd expect it in the next major release in august, but that's just speculation on my part.

Yeah, at some point I had 40 provided power, with only two small windmills. I did have an electrical storm roll through, so maybe that was the cause?

Anyways - what I really came in to say was that I think the firewood re-balancing and the extra forester slot are both very good changes. I no longer feel like I need to devote four or five foresters to keep up with a single logging camp, and I no longer need two logging camps just for a single cookhouse and a sauna (and thus nine foresters to support them :oops: )

A thought - The energy consumption from the water pump is only 4 energy, which is balanced by the fact that it's super far down the research tree and also the pump doesn't work during a heat wave. That's fine, but Axial Flow is SUCH a terrible and awful upgrade. It's only a reduction of 1.2 energy, hardly worth it. Considering it's currently engame-tier research, a 1.2 energy reduction is silly.

Instead, why not change Axial Flow to allow the Water Pump to operate at 30% efficiency during a heat wave, instead of being completely disabled? That'd make a 100% efficiency pump still draw 15 water during a heat wave. That's half the efficiency that a bore well would have during a heat wave, but for a third of the energy. Considering it's top-level research that seems fairly balanced to me.