• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you want to map existing unsupported ck2 religions and cultures into something we already support in eu4, add appropriate mappings to culture_map.txt and religion_map.txt.
Otherwise, if you're trying to introduce a completely new culture/religion, you'll have to edit all the necessary files in blankMod folder which is the template for produced mods.
As for religious icons, you should look up the religions modding section of eu4's wiki and edit appropriate interface and gfx files in blankMod folder, and edit the religion strip using some tool that can handle dds files.
Thank you so much, I think this is what I was missing! I'll get back to you with how it goes.

Hi guy, I come here to post, because "Zemurin" from steam community have guided me to.

Okay, the thing is that, I tried to convert my Aztec Empire from CK2 to EU4, with "de Foix", but the game couldn't be loaded because there's a bug of converting High American techgroup. (BTW, I have bought Leviathan dlc, looking for converting CK2 wonders to EU4 monuments)

Here's my CK2 save, it converts normally under EU4 1.30.6 with "1.0Este", but failed under 1.31.0 and 1.31.1 with de Foix. I am gratedful if you guys use it for a test.

Attachments

• Aztec_Empire1109_03_04.ck2
    20,6 MB · Views: 0
Hi guy, I come here to post, because "Zemurin" from steam community have guided me to.

Okay, the thing is that, I tried to convert my Aztec Empire from CK2 to EU4, with "de Foix", but the game couldn't be loaded because there's a bug of converting High American techgroup. (BTW, I have bought Leviathan dlc, looking for converting CK2 wonders to EU4 monuments)

Here's my CK2 save, it converts normally under EU4 1.30.6 with "1.0Este", but failed under 1.31.0 and 1.31.1 with de Foix. I am gratedful if you guys use it for a test.
Thanx. Sunset invasion support for 1.31 is still a work in progress and de Foix is an experimental dev build. I'll be happy to use your save for testing.

Hey I recently did a ck2 run with the interest of preserving Frankish and Lombard effectively establishing German populations in Gaul and Italy and along the way my empire of Lombardy became Cathar and displaced Catholocism, I knew a long time ago there was a bug that could cause crashes with Cathar in the converter but I have forgotten how to fix it. [gui.cpp:366]: Failed to create window "countryreligionview_aspectitem_cathar"

Hey I recently did a ck2 run with the interest of preserving Frankish and Lombard effectively establishing German populations in Gaul and Italy and along the way my empire of Lombardy became Cathar and displaced Catholocism, I knew a long time ago there was a bug that could cause crashes with Cathar in the converter but I have forgotten how to fix it. [gui.cpp:366]: Failed to create window "countryreligionview_aspectitem_cathar"
What converter version are you on? upload: log.txt form converter's directory, your current eu4 game and a .zip with your converstion mod + its mod file.

What converter version are you on? upload: log.txt form converter's directory, your current eu4 game and a .zip with your converstion mod + its mod file.
I fixed it by adding a modified GUI file from eu4 to the mod output, Cathar is looking for GUI that doesn't exist instead of reusing the specifications for protestant aspect selection I'm going to check if bogomilist has the same problem. BTW I'm on the 1.0 foix but I've seen this occur before on a much older version it may be unique to me given that I don't think I've seen anyone else complain about it, I remember there being an easier way to fix it than this but I can't remember how I did it. EDIT Bogomilist also causes a crash for me when opening the aspect selection screen but it's able to be fixed the same way. I don't quite understand what's causing this.

Last edited:
I fixed it by adding a modified GUI file from eu4 to the mod output, Cathar is looking for GUI that doesn't exist instead of reusing the specifications for protestant aspect selection I'm going to check if bogomilist has the same problem. BTW I'm on the 1.0 foix but I've seen this occur before on a much older version it may be unique to me given that I don't think I've seen anyone else complain about it, I remember there being an easier way to fix it than this but I can't remember how I did it. EDIT Bogomilist also causes a crash for me when opening the aspect selection screen but it's able to be fixed the same way. I don't quite understand what's causing this.
There were changes to the gui in this patch. It is entirely possible I deleted a section I shouldn't have while updating. Thank you for letting us know, I will take a look and try to get a fix out ASAP.

Having now played the game quickly, I do not have any problems with the either Cathars or the Bogomilists. Could you upload the conversion log?
unknown.png
unknown.png

Like I said I haven't seen anyone else complaining about it so it may be unique to me also the Crash did not occur until I clicked on the menu but, if you were able to load in with a bogomilist or cathar nation selected then it wasn't a problem anyway given that I would also crash during the loading if said countries were selected. Here is the conversion log and the crash log from EU4.

Attachments

• error.log
    1,6 KB · Views: 0
  • log.txt
    17,7 KB · Views: 0
Like I said I haven't seen anyone else complaining about it so it may be unique to me also the Crash did not occur until I clicked on the menu but, if you were able to load in with a bogomilist or cathar nation selected then it wasn't a problem anyway given that I would also crash during the loading if said countries were selected. Here is the conversion log and the crash log from EU4.
Does replacing the gui file in interface with the provided one solve the problem?
EDIT: It's not letting me post the GUI file, so take it as a txt then change the filetype to gui.

Attachments

• added_countryreligionview.txt
    50,7 KB · Views: 0
Does replacing the gui file in interface with the provided one solve the problem?
EDIT: It's not letting me post the GUI file, so take it as a txt then change the filetype to gui.
Sorry I went to eat a bite there. I did something extremely similar to fix it on my end so I assume that would work just fine. After downloading this and testing it out yeah it fixes the problem.

Sorry I went to eat a bite there. I did something extremely similar to fix it on my end so I assume that would work just fine. After downloading this and testing it out yeah it fixes the problem.
Hm, wonder why you didn't have it. I didn't make any changes to the file, it should be the same one that is up on Github. Odd. Glad it worked out.

1.0 de Foix
NEW VERSION NOW RELEASED!
(DIRECT LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD)

BarcelonaReleaseBanner.png
FOR CK2 [3.3] AND EU4 [1.31]

CK2ToEU4, 1.0 de Foix​

Maintenance Release​

With the CK2 stable, we're pushing an EU4 1.31 compatibility patch, that also packs quite a few behind-the-scenes fixes and tweaks. We've added dynamic ideas for nations that would otherwise get randomized ideas, and added a lot of support for the currently in development IMPtoCK2 converter.

Hotfixes​

• Fix to some malformed religion mappings that could crash the converter.
  • Fix for loading Wonder ID 0 (Stonehedge) - it now loads and applies properly.
  • Fix for self-filtering of nonsense mappings (784 - Al 'Aqabah.txt) and related autofix to uncolonized Shahrazur.

Coldfixes​

• Austrian Age ability now also applies to unified HRE as it should have from start.
  • All CK2 religion that were mapped to protestant/reformed have been reassigned elsewhere, as they would mess up the reformation.
  • FAP (Fraticelli Pope) should now always have a name and never fallback to it's tag name.
  • Mongol Empire no longer annexes an independent Mongolia that exists in CK2.
  • Fixed Palembang and similar countries that reverted to uncolonized clay due to peculiarities of initial ownership.

Enhancements​

• Starting bookmark is now directly selected from configuration settings, fixing the issue with starting inflation for early conversions played in 1444 bookmark.
  • Prussia decision tweaked slightly.
  • Assyria is now a formable with its own ideas.
  • Dynamic ideas added for all nations that would normally get generic ideas. (These ideas load on game start! You cannot see them in the "Choose nation" screen.)
  • Added mappings for cultures used in the Imperator:Rome to CK II converter.

Shuffles​

• Sicilian culture is now created across entire Sicily from Italian.
  • Galician is no longer created in Asturias area by accident.
  • Highlander now maps from Gaelic or from Irish in Scotland.

• 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
With the addition of monuments, is there any plans to convert great works into monuments in provinces? That’d be cool as hell!
Not currently. CK2 monuments are dynamic and you can build whatever you wish anywhere you like. EU4 on the other hand are hardcoded, with hardcoded meshes, names and functions. While having a hybrid system would be theoretically possible, it's imho not worth the development time atm. We'll see what they do with the monuments in the future, if anything, and if they make them more easily moddable.

PS: also, the converter is designed so that all DLCs are optional. EU4 monuments require Leviathan.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Not currently. CK2 monuments are dynamic and you can build whatever you wish anywhere you like. EU4 on the other hand are hardcoded, with hardcoded meshes, names and functions. While having a hybrid system would be theoretically possible, it's imho not worth the development time atm. We'll see what they do with the monuments in the future, if anything, and if they make them more easily moddable.

PS: also, the converter is designed so that all DLCs are optional. EU4 monuments require Leviathan.
Thanks for the answer! And thank you for your time making this thing

Reactions:
Hi, I tried the converter for the first time but it crashes when I hit play in EU4. I tried rolling back the game to the patch before Leviathan, but that didn't change anything. I also didn't get any errors during conversion, just a few warnings. I attached the log and savefile, but couldn't find an errors.txt. Is this something that will just work once support for Leviathan is included?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Attachments

• log.txt
    36,9 KB · Views: 0
  • mp_Hellenic_Imperium1109_06_27.ck2
    29,9 MB · Views: 0