• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(24512)

Colonel
Jan 9, 2004
You always find yourself pressing the pause button when something's going too fast on the computer.

Even worse:

You find yourself moving your finger in the same way you would if you could press the pause button in situations in real life when things go too fast.

I actually do both sometimes...

Anyone else have any such odd problems?

I've found myself explaining the concept of vertical monopolies in economiecs using the sulfur -> fertilizer -> ammunition -> explosives -> artillery chain. That one was fun.

When thinking of people you know in victoria way. Eg. Jimmy is a tough guy and goes to the gym, he has got a high military score.... I gave 3€ to Max so now our relations are improved.

You try to modify your significant others personality files to work out some bugs and for a more pleasant experience :)

You spend hours planning out all the possible avenues of attack for an invasion, even while not playing the game.

Steele

When you begin to position your friends and family in an ally/enemy category and try and figure out their millitary power...

becuase you want that extra car damnit.

Your significant other starts humming the soundstrack and he/she does not even play the game.

Spencer

Your significant other starts explaining the sulfur -> fertilizer -> ammunition -> explosives -> artillery chain, when he or she does not even play the game.

Your fiancée is learning stuff about Norwegian 19th century history because you're so excited about the VIP-modding your working on that you just have to tell her.

:D Rafiki

Youre beginning to think of an extra baby, because it will increase your manpowerpool and give you an advantage over your neighbour.

You just bought an addition to the garden so you have more prestige

You rapidly grab the last cornflakes on the shelves of a small store before someone else because of the previous

You tell your child "in order to reduce those badboy points for breaking the lamp you must release two birthday presents from your wish list."

You tell people you did poorly on the exam because you didn't expend enough research points.

You tell the judge the accident was not your fault because the other driver was uncivilized.

You buy a motor boat and display it in your swimming pool in order to increase your prestige.

You claim part of your neighbour's yard because it contains the same species of ants that your yard contains.

You turn one of your rooms into a workshop and try to sell home-made clothes, furniture and paper.

(actually, that one's not a too bad idea...) :rofl:

rafiki said:
Your fiancée is learning stuff about Norwegian 19th century history because you're so excited about the VIP-modding your working on that you just have to tell her.
:D Rafiki

Your fiancee has learned to accept the fact taht she will learn more than she ever cared to about the 19th centruy in general, and that she will have to look at the screen when you have done something 'impressive'

I also doze off to planning my next moves in class

You try to explain to the people that German was formed by the Conservative Emipre event in 1851
You try to convert some of your friends to soldiers while others to craftsmen
You get to take +5 gas +5money and +5beer due to a friends 'diplomatic insult'
You explain last night like this: "Well, her militancy went up +5 and her consciousness went up +20 because i conqured Austria instead of doing the dishes"

You try to explain everything in your life with event triggers and effects.

You havent had to study in an AP World History Class all year because EU2 and Vicky Collectively do my studying for me....

C.V. Mannerheim said:
You havent had to study in an AP World History Class all year because EU2 and Vicky Collectively do my studying for me....

Actually...thats about right.

And I also try and figure out the "tiggers" for events in my life....

when somebody asks me to do something hard, I like to reply, maybe ill find the nile this time eh.