Hearts of Iron IV: La Résistance is Now Available

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
LaRes 800x450.png

STOCKHOLM - 25 February 2020 - Conquest is never easy, but the 20th Century brings new challenges. More infrastructure means more opportunities for disruption. Radio links saboteurs and freedom fighters across occupied territory. It is never hard to find willing collaborators, but it takes a lot of work to put them in place. Direct resisters, special agents, and quislings can all be found in Hearts of Iron IV: La Résistance.

La Résistance is the newest expansion to Paradox’s best-selling grand strategy wargame about the Second World War. In La Résistance, your nation has new resources at its disposal. At the center of the game is the Intelligence Agency that lets you train and deploy spies to undertake special missions cracking codes, stealing secrets and assisting resistance activities in the occupied lands of your conquered allies.

Features of Hearts of Iron IV: La Résistance include:
  • New Focus Trees for France: New National Focuses for Free France and the Vichy Regime, as well as an option for conservatives to restore the old French Monarchy.
  • More in-Depth Spanish Campaign: New National Focuses for Republican and Nationalist Spain, including an expanded Spanish Civil War that can spiral into a wider conflict.
  • Portuguese National Focuses: New unique focus tree for Portugal. Restore Portuguese naval power, strengthen the overseas empire or intervene in the Civil War next door.
  • Espionage: Use your Intelligence Agency to train spies to specialize in certain types of information warfare and send them on special operations, or develop passive resistance to enemy espionage.
  • Support Resistance: Use your agents to assist allied resistance movements, giving them what they need to damage the enemy.
  • Collaboration Governments: Use your agents to prepare the ground for collaborators to fill the void once you’ve conquered your target.
  • Code Cracking: Decrypt enemy communications to gain short term battlefield advantages.
  • Recon units: Scout planes can provide useful information on nearby areas while armored cars help in detecting and suppressing resistance activities.
  • New music tracks
As usual, the expansion is accompanied by the release of a significant update available to all Hearts of Iron IV players.

Hearts of Iron IV: La Résistance is now available on Steam and the Paradox and Microsoft Stores for a suggested retail price of $19.99 / £19.99 / €19.99.

Reactions:
Finally, can't wait to try it out for myself and unite the world under an anarchist banner!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Excited to see what possibilities can be done with these new mechanics. I know mods basically carry this game for me, but shoutout to the dev team to bringing the state of HOI to new heights.

The 1.9.0 update is updated by Steam, but where is my DLC??

Pre-ordered the DLC, but it does not download or show up at all in-game.

Also, the loader changes all of my mods BACK to 1.8.2 after I changed them all to 1.9.*

Where do I get the DLC - pre-ordered but no download, what gives Paradox???????????

The free update downloaded through Steam fine, but no DLC, have receipt from Xsolla with a Paradox Order ID, but no download.

So how to I roll back the game to the previous version? This update has disabled my much loved Road to 56 mod... And though I hate myself for doing it, since I couldn't play RT56, I purchased the mod. First thoughts:
- It's boring
- France is even more nerfed than it already was. That takes some doing.
- It's boring
- It's boring

Edit:
- Requested a refund. Found out how to roll back (In steam, right click the game -> properties -> beta). Phew.

Last edited:
It's so dissapointing that most of the new core features introduced to the game are locked behind the DLC paywal, the 1.9.0 patch it'self didnt add anything new other than some few bugfixes.

No changes made to the way peace deals work which means that the game is still un-enjoyable for me because every game ends with extreme border gore.

It's the first time in more than 5 years that I won't be buying a DLC from Paradox... Sad !