• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DavyDavy

Community Developer
Paradox Staff
Sep 25, 2019
Hello, Survivors!

We just deployed our first patch for Surviving the Aftermath, which addresses issues reported through the in-game tool and on external platforms. The latest game version is 1.0.0.4969 as of October 23.

General
  • The format of the feedback report generated by the in-game reporting system has been improved.

• We reduced the amount of logging from the World Map and the Work slots, to mitigate an excessive increase in the log file size in specific situations.

• Implemented minor fixes to localization.

• Fixed an issue that allowed an Empty Radio Station to be saved leading to errors.

• The game will no longer get stuck during loading when mods with buildings were used.

• Fixed an issue that prevented the Paradox launcher from properly log in.

• Announcement pop-ups will now display properly when the Privacy Policy is shown on the first startup.
Gameplay
  • Fixed an issue that caused the game to get stuck because of incorrect loading of the tutorial state.

• Catastrophes will no longer get stuck until another catastrophe starts.

• The building damage from the Heatwave catastrophe has been disabled.

• Colonists will no longer get stuck in the “Using a door” state

• Fixed an issue that caused the building cells under the entrance tiles not being correctly released when canceling a building construction zone, preventing the creation of other buildings.

• Improved the ease of selection of the Gate construction zone.

• The Gate construction zone is no longer overridden by the Gate ruins selection.

• Fixed an issue that caused the Bandit combat on the World map not to work properly after loading a game.

Update:
We just deployed a new hotfix to the game. This update will bring your game to version 1.0.0.4969.

Change notes

General
  • Disabled autosaving by default.
    • We are currently looking into possible issues involving the autosave feature.
  • Reverted changes to pathfinding.
    • The changes introduced with the last hotfix caused occasional instances of colonists getting stuck.
  • Fixed additional issues that caused Castraphes not to end properly.
  • We replaced the “Salvage” Building button to “Demolish” for clarity purposes.
Gameplay
  • Tools’ durability increased by 33%
  • Deposit Metal amount increased by 25%
  • Pathfinder Statue cost reduced from 15 Concrete and 30 Metal to 10 Concrete and 15 Metal

Last edited:
Can you guys confirm that you see the patch new version in-game? cause i don't:
5.png

Ingame version also shows 1.0.0.4959 for me even after egs updated the game.

I'm still having people stuck, they were just walking when they got stuck on a road so not sure it had to do with opening a door.

Also noticed a new bug with homeless people: when you have homeless people it shows a negative number of homeless but when you have no homeless, it shows 1 homeless guy.

For stuck people i thought is because i had the roads to thin :) i'll try to see if I alow more space between the buildings still happens....

Also.. now i don't know if I should wait for auto-update to happen or delete the game and re-download to see if i get the new version... I Will come back with ... results hopefully :)

Please can we have a manual patch installer or something like a auto-update installer to be executed manually? :) The game is not updating via epic launcher and also, noticed that if you don't have the latest version will not show the mods in the Mods tab of the paradox launcher...but if I run the paradox launcher manually i get to see the mods i am subscribed to... but kinda useless as they came with a warning that patch is not for current version of the game.

You can see what i did to reproduce in this tread post: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/start-modding.1262790/#post-25930968

Thanks.

Patch 1.01 has not been push out on Epic to the point where it is applied. EGS did download content for the game but the version is still sitting on the same version it was on yesterday. This is both before and after a complete uninstall and reinstall and v.1.0.0.4959 is showing under both the EGS Library and the Main Menu in the game. Clicking 'Read the latest patch notes' link in the launcher also opens the 4959 thread.

Edit: OK so this thread has just been renamed to have the version match the one being shown in game, so assuming that the version number was just wrong in the initial thread.

Clarification needed: the 'opening a door' bug does not seem to be fixed in existing games, I still have colonists showing this. Is this meant to be a fix for existing saves or does it only prevent it from being experienced again?

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

If your game is on version 1.0.0.4959, you are playing on the latest release - sorry for the confusion!

Clarification needed: the 'opening a door' bug does not seem to be fixed in existing games, I still have colonists showing this. Is this meant to be a fix for existing saves or does it only prevent it from being experienced again?

Thanks for the report, we'll look into this!

Last edited:
i had one Colonist both hungry and tired, but she continued working until she died...what a trooper. A way to order colonists to do specific things would be nice when their AI don't work.

i had one Colonist both hungry and tired, but she continued working until she died...what a trooper. A way to order colonists to do specific things would be nice when their AI don't work.

My farmers are getting stuck in places they have no reason to be, a bog, inside a well etc.. And obviously dying... I keep checking colonist health values in the list ever few minutes find which idiot is stuck this time.. Man, liking the game and the mood but the bugs are killing me, figuratively, and my colonists, literally..

So I figured out that right now the 1 lane road with putting buildings too close to that road has been causing me many of my problems. Deleting buildings now makes people move if they are "stuck". I still think this should be remedied by not letting things get put so close to the roads or making the road wider.

I would also say traits need to be worked on as I have colonists with both the loiterer trait and the punctual trait.

Last edited: