Crusader Kings 3.0.1.1 hotfix patch released! [checksum ONDO] - Not for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
ck2_3011_forum_20190117.jpg

The 3.0.1.1 Patch that has been in open beta for a while has now been released for everyone. Anyone that opted in to the beta patch should be automatically moved to the regular release version of the game.

This is a minor patch with just a few fixes, nothing mind-blowing in here.

There should be no issues continuing saves from 3.0.1 in this patch level.

#########################################
################ 3.0.1.1 ################

###################
# User modding
###################
- Added unit_graphical_culture, unit_graphical_cultures override for unit models in culture database.

###################
# Bug Fixes
###################
- English portrait pack should now display properly in early start dates.
- Custom message settings should no longer be overwritten by default values at the start of the game.
- Fixed Legendary Journey not getting any progress the second time you start it.

Please do not report any issues with it in this thread. If you experience problems, please post in our bug report forum.

Thank you!

You can find 3.0.1 information here!
And the 3.0 info is here!

I guess that now Crusader King is at “the state of art”

Not really, the Pope is still broken and in "Mass Excommunication Mode". *Insert that Oprah Meme here*

The art is gorgeous. I want more of this in the game

Thank, but cannot wait for a proper patch that will correct duelist bloodline (the regular one, not ancestor veneration one) which is impossible to earn currently.

Still no fix for all the broken bloodlines(like the childhood ones, boudica, and the duelist one) and the hardcoded dynasty birth bug?(The one with children always taking the mother's dynasty if the father dies before the child's birth even in a non-matrilineal marriage.)

Last edited:
Still no fix for all the broken bloodlines(like the childhood ones, boudica, and the duelist one) and the hardcoded dynasty birth bug?(The one with children always taking the mother's dynasty if the father dies before the child's birth even in a non-matrilineal marriage.)

This is a hotfix not a proper patch. So it mostly for stuff that are considered critical.

Any information about how to use this? I've been looking for something that seems to do exactly this, but I'm not sure how to make use of it?
You use it in the same way that you designate graphical cultures for a culture.
We utilized it to override the fallback system for graphical cultures of Saxon and Anglo-Saxon cultures to sort out some conflicts.
Code:
    saxon = {
        graphical_cultures = { englishgfx saxongfx  }
        unit_graphical_cultures = { saxongfx englishgfx }
    }
The way it works is that it first looks if there's a unit graphical culture override when it decides which unit models to use. Otherwise it utilizes the normal graphical culture.
The syntax both allows unit_graphical_cultures = {} for a prioritized list or unit_graphical_culture for just one entry similar to normal graphical_culture attribute.

Not really, the Pope is still broken and in "Mass Excommunication Mode". *Insert that Oprah Meme here*
"Build me a church"

"No"

"Excommunicated"

You use it in the same way that you designate graphical cultures for a culture.
We utilized it to override the fallback system for graphical cultures of Saxon and Anglo-Saxon cultures to sort out some conflicts.
Code:
    saxon = {
        graphical_cultures = { englishgfx saxongfx  }
        unit_graphical_cultures = { saxongfx englishgfx }
    }
The way it works is that it first looks if there's a unit graphical culture override when it decides which unit models to use. Otherwise it utilizes the normal graphical culture.
The syntax both allows unit_graphical_cultures = {} for a prioritized list or unit_graphical_culture for just one entry similar to normal graphical_culture attribute.
You're a saint. I'd been struggling with this for over a week only to find out that Paradox patched in the exact feature I needed. Thanks! :D

Update is great and all. But please add the older versions, for mod users to be able to revert. I'm not just talking about this hotfix but older patches as well that's been neglected. Ever since this mod hit, I'm plagued by out of sync for modded mp games. A pre this hotfix thing that never occurred.

Dags för seriös skärpning, grabbar.

Last edited:
Yeah, no kidding? I could sorta understand that the Pope didn't like me when I controlled all of Romagna (except Rome itself) alongside all of Empire of Italia and would excommunicate my ruler every time the took the throne, but being excommunicated AGAIN within a few DAYS after having it lifted is just ridiculous. But in the end it wasn't that big of an issue since I controlled the largest country and army in all of Europe at the time so no one would dare declare excommunication wars against me. That and pretty much any other noteworthy European ruler was ALSO excommunicated.