• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stellaris Dev Diary #133 - The Caravaneers

Hello everyone!

Today we’re back for this week’s installment of the Stellaris Dev Diary!

Now for the standard reminder that we’re not yet ready to reveal when MegaCorp will be released, and that screenshots may contain placeholder art, interfaces and non-final numbers. That said, you’re now free to begin the honored tradition of ignoring that and start arguing about any numbers posted or asking for a release date.

Anyway, let’s begin! Today we will be covering The Caravaneers, another cool feature in MegaCorp.

The Basics
The Caravaneers are space-based traders who send out fleets across the galaxy to offers you great deals! The best deals! There are three different Caravaneer fleets who set out from their coalition base in Chor’s Compass.

upload_2018-11-8_11-59-23.png

upload_2018-11-8_12-16-9.png upload_2018-11-8_12-16-18.png upload_2018-11-8_12-16-35.png

The Fleets
Like mentioned earlier, there are three new fleets of traders roving the galaxy, known as Racket Industrial Enterprise, the Numistic Order, and the Vengralian Trium.

upload_2018-11-8_12-18-27.png

upload_2018-11-8_12-19-8.png upload_2018-11-8_12-19-17.png upload_2018-11-8_12-19-29.png upload_2018-11-8_12-19-42.png

They travel across the galaxy, and when they show up in your space they will offer you lucrative deals. Each fleet has their own set of specialized deals and may ask for different things in return for what they are offering.
upload_2018-11-8_12-0-48.png

upload_2018-11-8_12-1-20.png upload_2018-11-8_12-1-45.png upload_2018-11-8_12-3-4.png

The Caravaneer Coalition Base
For those who seek to enjoy some quality pastime, a visit to the caravaneer base is surely worth a visit! The caravaneers have some great deals on offer – only Energy Credits are accepted for being exchanged for the exciting CaravanCoinz! (Your primitive £, $, € won't be accepted here!)

CaravanCoinz allows you partake in some excellent games of chance, or to buy sealed boxes of loot. Who knows, maybe you will be lucky enough to find the most glorious and precious thing known in the galaxy – The Galatron.

Either way, a visit to the caravansary coalition base is not something you’ll regret!

Wow, so many great deals to look forwards to!

upload_2018-11-8_12-6-32.png

upload_2018-11-8_12-5-4.png upload_2018-11-8_12-5-26.png
That is it for this week, folks! Next week we will be back with another exciting topic - namely the Slave Market (and some additional minor stuff)!

Also don't forget to tune into Twitch at 15:00 CET for the third session of the Stellaris Dev Clash.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
...Is this...

Are those Reliquiaries basically a maybe-actually-helpful parody of Loot boxes?
I love it.

Speaking of Caravaneers, will the Nomads be fixed in 2.2? I've not seen them for a good while and yet I find some incommunicable ships with black flags in the galaxy, so I feel it's them.

Last edited:
Are caravaneers a one off sort of thing or can they return to your space and offer you more deals?
Also can you have all three caravaneers up and roaming around on a sufficiently large enough map?

That said, you’re now free to begin the honored tradition of ignoring that and start arguing about any numbers posted or asking for a release date.

Sounds like we could still ask this questions and hope to get a answer.
So... when does the expansion get released?

Now some real questions: What is The Galatron? And what could be some other nice loot in these boxes? Raw ressources, Techs or special traits?
I know you don't want give us all the answers, but atleast give us a smal bite ^^

Last edited:
The Galatron? is it anything like the Ultron? are we going to see a bunch of depressed aliens who are sad because their flashy shiny thing broke?

Will caravan fleet move through the territory of fanatic purifiers and can you attack them for any benefit?
They ignore borders, and while destroying a fleet gives you some resources, there's little benefit to it beyond denying their services to others.

Are caravaneers a one off sort of thing or can they return to your space and offer you more deals?
Also can you have all three caravaneers up and roaming around on a sufficiently large enough map?
They can return, and currently all three Caravaneers are active regardless of galaxy size. This might change before release, though.

I'm pretty sure that this dev diary was supposed to cover the slave market, but I can't prove it since the previous diary was edited today...

A bit disappointed tbh

If I close my borders to the caraveeners.. and one or more empires are behind my closed borders. Do the fleets still reach them? (or me at least?) or do they respect the border-protocolls?