• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbas

Captain
104 Badges
Jan 7, 2004
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Victoria 2
  • Sengoku
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Rome Gold
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
Description of issue
JAP - XSM Critical Supply Area Error

Game Version
v.1.5.4 [1503]

Enabled DLC
All of the above

Do you have mods enabled?
Yes

Description
There is a supply area that contains the Xibei San Ma state of Gannan and the Japanese states Kansai, Tokai and Koshinetsu.

This can lead to some extremely weird supply situations for anyone controlling any of the provinces involved.

I'm guessing that Gannan state should be in the same supply area as the states Gansu (northeast of Gannan) and Sichuan (southeast of Gannan) and removed from the Japanese supply area.

Mods: Only a couple of graphical ones active.
Colored Buttons
More Division Icons
Strategic View Adjustments (MP/A variant)

Steps to Reproduce
1. Start a 1936 new game as Xibei San Ma.
2. Turn on supply map mode.
3. Zoom out map so you can see Japanese main islands as well as your land.
4. Mouse over Gannan state (the south eastern one you own) as shown in the attached picture and see that the supply area includes parts of Japan.

Upload Attachment

Attachments

• XSMJAP.jpg
    XSMJAP.jpg
    563,8 KB · Views: 187
Upvote 0
I can confirm this.

That's the first time I've seen someone respectfully disagreeing on a valid bug report.

I'm sure that person will agree then with this picture since Osaka and Nagoya are supposed to be in the middle of mainland China, right?

gP4CKbt.jpg

It's a weird thing to disagree with!

FYI, you can view the same bug playing as Japan and view the supply for their state that is connected.

Thanks, issue reported :cool: .

I am aware that this thread is rather old but I still want to make a reply.

This issue still exists in the 1.6 version ! ! !

Please get it fixed in the next hotfix because it is wrecking havoc with the supply in this area in times of war.

Last edited:
I can confirm this happens as shown but only when you are hovering over one of the southern provinces in that supply state. When hovering over the northern ones, it does not show as in OP.

to be clear

you need to highlight the province, and hover somewhere in this red circle.
while in the red circle you will be unable to select the province, and the bug will show.
outside the red circle, you will be able to select a province and the bug will not show.
groNkV1.png

I know it seems totally in vain to flag this issue yet again, but please fix it.

Guess it's my turn. I just spent an hour or so going thru all the previous versions available on Steam and it confirmed that this bug did not exists before 1.5 was released and I (and others) have already explained how to fix this. I'll post it here again:

Remove state #753 from supply area #251
Add state #753 to supply area #335

As previous staff has pointed out, this has been reported and we are aware of the issue

Wow, this still hasn't been fixed?

I am aware that this thread is rather old but I still want to make a reply.

We are now a month or two away from the release of the second expansion since this bug was confirmed by you and I am very curious to see if someone has finally had time to change three digits . . .

People are often unfair to developers and underestimate how much time is needed to solve a bug, but here it is indeed a case that needs nothing more than 30 seconds to be resolved.

And furthermore, do you honestly think this is the only longstanding bug in the game?
Get in line . . . . (retreat bug, continuing problems with CV's, etc. etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.