Cities: Skylines 1.10.1-f2 Patch Notes

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheLetterZ

Community Developer, general sweetheart
46 Badges
Nov 5, 2013
  • Empire of Sin
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Roses
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Paradox Order
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Rome Gold
  • Starvoid
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sengoku
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
Hey everyone! We are just about to set a new patch live for Cities! This one comes with a Unity update as well as a bunch of fixes mainly to content brought in Parklife! Here are the full notes, please enjoy!

1.10.1-f2
Cities: Skylines base game
● Updated to Unity 5.6.6f2
● Added Privacy Policy notification
● Fixed: All custom made roads require Parklife DLC
● Fixed: Metro stations in Assets that have built-in Metro Station become inoperable when the
asset is slightly flooded but not collapsed
● Fixed: Public Transport Line lengths have inconsistent divergences between different
transport types
● Fixed: Unnecessary prop signs on One-way Highway with Sound Barriers
● Fixed: Passenger Ships stuck on moving around while being on Confused state
● Fixed: Paths that the Ships are using are shown incorrectly in Traffic Routes Info View
● Fixed: Cargo Ships can get stuck and block all ship traffic
● Fixed: Translation issue in RU in Keymapping Settings
● Fixed: Office buildings are unable to grow if player has European / Vanilla style enabled in
European / Temperate themes
● Fixed: Can't start the game, Unity Engine error creating display list
● Fixed: Custom sub-mesh LOD textures getting corrupted​

ParkLife expansion:
● Forest fire is not affecting Parklife assets till Milestone 5
● Steam tags for Parklife DLC
● Fixed: Honu island and Cavern Coast have long loading times
● Fixed: Animated citizens on Piggy train periodically are missing cloth textures
● Fixed: Park Main Gates that are placed directly to a Built-in road (E.g. Ferry Stop) will not
count visitors
● Fixed: Tooltip description of Hot Air Balloons Tours is not localized entirely in RU
● Fixed: Park Areas create 'Coverage' for Park Maintenance Info View
● Fixed: Park Maintenance Building does not generate 'Coverage' for Park Maintenance Info
View
Mass Transit expansion:
● Reduced noise pollution and radius of Monorail Stations
Natural Disasters expansion:
● Adjusted cost of construction and upkeep of Medical, Police and Fire Helicopter depots​

Wait, so this means ALL custom roads on the Steam Workshop will now requires Parklife DLC???

Also another Unity Engine upgrade *sighs*, going to benchmark the game again before/after the update. :(

Wait, so this means ALL custom roads on the Steam Workshop will now requires Parklife DLC???
no, the exact opposite. it fixes this issue. a setting was on by default when creating custom roads which meant that unless the road creator turned this off, Parklife was needed to use the road.

Will this effect mods in anyway?

I'm just wondering whether to stop auto update on Steam as i've only recently got my old city back up and running.

The fixes wouldn't, but the Unity update might. It all depends on how much has changed where. Usually the graphical mods like Dynamic Resolution, Sun Shafts and so on are the ones affected by Unity updates, but we'll have to see. I wouldn't expect something big like we just had with the last patch, they usually try and avoid large changes to close together because of how it affects mods. But that's just my guesses based on past patch experience, I honestly don't know. I also wouldn't expect the devs to know since they're not familiar with all the mods we use. So then it's a question of if the modders know how much the Unity update will affect their mods, which I honestly wouldn't expect them to know - many do this on a hobby level after all and likely don't keep up with news about the engine. ;)

Avanya, by “graphical mods” do you mean assets and ploppable buildings that you can get from the workshop?
she gave examples of the type of graphical mods

Will this effect mods in anyway?

I'm just wondering whether to stop auto update on Steam as i've only recently got my old city back up and running.

Yes, it will affect a lot of mods since it gets a Unity engine update.

You can't stop auto updates. It will update as long as you are online and have steam running.

You can try copying your workshop to the appdata folder so they will be in offline mode. Then you should be able to play. But you can't play any other steam game, or it will launch steam and update cities skylines.

Hopefully you have a second computer.

Hey all! It's hard to say for sure to what extent/if at all mods are affected, that said it is always a risk with any update big or small. Historically though smaller updates like this have not caused any major compability issues as I recall. :)

Avanya, by “graphical mods” do you mean assets and ploppable buildings that you can get from the workshop?

Nope, those are assets. :) I know not all make that distinction, so it can be confusing. But assets (as in buildings, props, trees, vehicles, citizens and so on - basically everything not in the Mods category on Steam :p) are always very very unlikely to be affected by updates. They are effectively made by the game, so the game will recognize them. Mods however often alter how things work, so when the thing they alter has changed, they stop working. As a general rule you don't need to worry about anything not in the Mods category on Steam/Content Manager. :)

Forest fire is not affecting Parklife assets till Milestone 5

The above will be interesting to test.
Not sure what will continue to happen, for wise, at level 5 tho...?

If you have an issue with not having road access in your parks at level 4 that would continue at level 5, and still be a problem with fire engines putting out the fires.

Perhaps the Tree Fire Control mod might be useful.

This is presumably for "Natural Disasters" users, as the Fire Helicopter Depot becomes available at Milestone 5.

So far I have disabled that DLC as the effectiveness of the helicopters in dealing with those types of fires is pretty problematic.
I have found them to be quite innafective in dealing with fires when they start to spread.
There is a thread regarding this issue on this forum

Last edited: