HoI 4 - UK getting all of war score despite not helping at all [v1.5.3[ (30ec)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Flazz

Private
7 Badges
Jun 9, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
Description of issue
UK getting all of war score despite not helping at all [v1.5.3[ (30ec)

Game Version
Cornflakes v1.5.3

Enabled DLC
Together for Victory,
Death or Dishonor

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Description
The united kingdom didn't help at all in the war, yet they recieved a massive amount of war score, and me and italy who did all the work were unable to take any land.

Poland had 40% war score, but poland didn't have any victory points, the UK had them all.

Steps to Reproduce
Using my attached save, the war with germany should end in a few seconds and the victory screen comes up. If you look at the war screen before the german capitulation, me and italy should harbor more than half the victory points as we did over half the effort.

I did the most effort of anybody, yet I barely get any victory points. The UK will have a massive amount of victory points and will always make germany democratic.

Upload Attachment

Attachments

• FRA_1936_03_13_08.hoi4
    10,3 MB · Views: 1
Upvote 0
This happens because the Polish AI (non-aligned) doesn't have any demands itself and tries to distribute its war score proportionately between its allies by their war score. For each ally this is:
Code:
bonus_granted_to_ally = ally.original_score / warscore_of_all_allies_with_same_ideology
As Poland does not have non-aligned allies, this results in an unchecked division by zero and corrupting their scores :rolleyes:
Even if a small part of the faction does have the same ideology, this calculation would still inflate the score being distributed.