Cities: Skylines - Parklife is NOW AVAILABLE!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheLetterZ

Community Developer, general sweetheart
46 Badges
Nov 5, 2013
  • Empire of Sin
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Roses
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Paradox Order
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Rome Gold
  • Starvoid
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sengoku
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
SocialBanners_Facebook Release Image.jpg

More Play, Less Stress - Parklife is Available Now for Cities: Skylines

Cities: Skylines now offers vibrant new parks, playgrounds, zoos, green spaces and more importantly, new ways to play. With a new park area tool, five new maps, a ton of new assets and level-up features that increase your park’s property values, Parklife is will spruce up any city in a snap.
Or why not take a 360 degree tour and look around?

Cities is also getting a new radio station today: Country Road Radio, with 16 new songs from Appalachian Folk, Bluegrass/Honky Tonk, Nashville Modern Country and Unplugged country.

In addition to the paid expansion, Cities: Skylines will also get a free PC update, as usual, including a new tourism panel, trees that reduce noise pollution, a camera mode upgrade, new tourist models, and new modding features, including submeshmodding and an improved camera system so users can control the camera with scripts.

Get Cities: Skylines Parklife RIGHT HERE!

Last edited:
Lol an instant disagree from someone
Buying now

Also please in future do not release games/ expansions with names that are songs
When i played at PDXcon and just now, I've had PArklife- Blur stuck in my head

Just had a basic play about earlier. I think Walking Tours might be borked, they wouldn't complete.

Are you using mods? I just did a test without mods and had no issues. They do sometimes look they they don't complete, but it's because the back track instead of going around like we're used to with other lines. This 3 point tour for example looks totally weird, but it's complete despite looking weird.

Attachments

• 20180524234540_1.jpg
    20180524234540_1.jpg
    451 KB · Views: 81
I am, but none that would in theory affect lines.

Bus tours are totally fine by the way, I just can't get my walking lines to register as complete.

I love the new expansion! I got to try it out yesterday. I feel like beaches were forgotten. I used the city park entrances to make a beach park, but the buildings and paths effect the ground leveling and ruin the beach. If you guys ever add beach buildings and beach entrances it would be awesome. if the buildings and paths didn't affect the shape of the ground. Ever since leisure buildings were added and shore line buildings it has been impossible to connect it to road without messing up the ground, I thought park life would fix this.

I also noticed that the new piers for the city park work differently than some of the leisure buildings do. Like the Beach vollyball court requires road and can't be placed on a park path.

You just have to be super careful with the water source tool.

And you need a mod to use it outside the editor.

I have been using the "Fresh Water Outlet", but if I forget to turn it off, I get a flood, and eventually the lake dries up and I have to turn it on again.

A water spawner would be better.

I create lakes using water pumps. The pump pumping the water out of lake is higher than the other so the water level will stay on the level I want, it is just a little hard to do and not beauty

I like the new expansion and I think that when more props and assets are released we will be able to create some awesome and diverse parks. However, I have one huge complaint about the expansion:

We need an option for prop snapping. It's very hard to make symmetrically pleasant parks since it's almost impossible to get the props to line up in a straight line with an even space between them. A very fine tuned prop grid would make this expansion so much more useful. It should be possible to add with a patch.