• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

scpool1986

Sergeant
11 Badges
May 11, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
535A4953-19A7-441A-B683-E034F52B439B.jpeg
17EF17C4-4F99-4B24-B550-FC0ACE55A12D.jpeg
I posted this over on Steam as well and I’m hoping here might be able to offer a new direction or better advice. Why are my university eligible cims not enrolling?

Do you have a Hadron Collider? Your University graduation rate shows 100%, so nobody would need to attend school because they already have their degrees.

Just started a completely new city and got it to about 18,000 and never once built the Hadron Collidor on the map, I even used one of the new maps that came with the expansion pack. Same results, 1,514 eligible to enroll in university, capacity of 6500, 0 enrolled, 100% graduated. It's maddening that this was not caught before it was released to the public; even if it is caused by the Hadron Collidor. I'm really thinking about filing a bug report about this because I've tried with all 3 types of campus and come up with the same results every time. It's like the DLC was dead on release.
Screenshot 1195.png
Screenshot 1196.png

Before you fill out a bug report, you should make sure you can reproduce this without mods (so with the -noWorkshop and -disableMods launch options). Testing things in the beta I never had this problem and considering they do test things, I really doubt this is a problem in the game. I can see from your screenshot that you use at least a couple of mods, so start by eliminating mods. What's most likely is you found a problem in a mod, in which case we need to narrow down what mod is causing this. :)

If you attach your output log to a post here I'd be happy to help narrow it down.

I created the bug report but did start removing mods and I removed one (The Pollution Remover Mod) and somehow that seems to have had an impact because I am now able to have 1 student enrolled. Where can I find the output log to post it? I'm hoping to get this issue fix quickly. Last time when I tested the mods I just turned them off. I wonder what other mods are causing issues.

In the Cities_Data folder, which is found where the game is installed. Typically something like this (depending on where Steam installs your games): C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities_Skylines\Cities_Data

Most of your mods likely aren't causing any problems though.

Edit: I see Pollution, Death, Garbage and Crime Remover Mod has an option for removing the need for education. Do you have that enabled? Does disabling that option fix things?

The option is lists actually just maximizes the reach of education buildings, or at least that's what it says when you hover over it in game. Even full vanilla I was only getting 3 enrolled students. I'm thinking we need to keep this over on the bug report so if others are having the same problem there is one place with the information instead of spreading it out over 2.

Maybe too few people?
In my 200K population city, once Hadron Collider turned off, Ordinary colleges all bulldozed, then 3 campus areas constructed, people start to study in campus areas.
Even my city (25-tiles) has already suffered from 16k vehicle limit and cargo transportation TOTALLY breakdown, my campus areas still running well.

Hi scpool1986,
I'm wondering if you are playing your game with the "Citizen Lifecycle Rebalance v2.6" mod ? ( https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=654707599&searchtext=rebalance ). It's the only mod I use.
The reason I ask, is because I see a similar situation (but not as bad as yours), but just with regular, vanilla colleges (I don't own the new Campus DLC).
I will post more details on my issue (below), soon.

Last edited:
(Continuation from post immediately above this one.)

@co_emmi
Ok this is what I have found. And remember, I do not own the Campus DLC.
My issue (questions) is about the regular, vanilla University, and I don't remember having this problem with my University eligible individuals, before the new update was downloaded.
So as you can see from the image below, the Info Views/Education panel, for the Universities shows: "Eligible = 15439" and "Capacity = 9000." ("Capacity" of 9000 is two Universities of 4500 each.)
Also included in the image, is the University panel that displays when you click on the structure itself. Here you will notice that it says (total) "University students in the city = 7103."

So if I have 15439 "eligible" individuals, and I have the physical "capacity" to educate up to 9000 students, then why do I only have 7103 students ? (Spread out between both Universities in my city.)
What I did to test this, is that I built a third University far away from either of the two that already exist (this increased "capacity" to 13500). I was wondering if building another, would entice more individuals to attend, especially those "possible eligible" individuals that reside close to the newly built University. But nothing. I played the game for a while to test this and very little changed (my "University students in the city" would barely fluctuate between around 7100 to 7200.)
So I left this new, third University in my city, but just turned it Off using the "On/Off" button/option found in its panel (no reason to pay for its upkeep cost, if it provides no benefit).

This is strange, because the Elementary and High School education programming (system) in the game, do not have the problem explained above for the University.
(I will provide images of this in the next post.)

20190525141538_1.jpg

Last edited:
(Continuation from post immediately above this one.)

Below you will see two images showing detail information for the "Elementary" and "High School" education in my city.
The Elementary school details are: "Eligible = 12913" and "Capacity = 12300" and "Elementary students in the city = 12279."
The High School details are: "Eligible = 29156" and "Capacity = 28000" and "High School students in the city = 27979."

What this shows is that if you have the "eligibility" of individuals, and you provide the physical "capacity," then you will have 99/100% students filling all schools for that level of education.
I have done this many times ... if I build a new Elementary school (for example) and I have the eligibility, then that new school fills to capacity almost immediately (by clicking on that school's panel, you see the number of students enrolled for that specific school).

So why is this not the same for the University level of education? I need to understand this, and know what to do, or what is going wrong, because I would like to initiate the new "Industry 4.0 Policy." But I am now afraid that if I do turn on this new policy, that I may not have enough "Highly Educated" university-degreed workers to fill those new businesses that require them to function.

20190525141659_1.jpg

20190525141820_1.jpg

Last edited:
Started a new city last night and did some building on it today. Ended Onyx University’s first academic year and given the size of the city I’d say it did pretty good. So glad this problem is done!

Attachments

• 423CAEFF-D8E1-45CC-93E8-D051F63647E9.jpeg
    423CAEFF-D8E1-45CC-93E8-D051F63647E9.jpeg
    329,9 KB · Views: 40