We're thrilled to announce Cities: Skylines - Parklife!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheLetterZ

Community Developer, general sweetheart
46 Badges
Nov 5, 2013
  • Empire of Sin
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Roses
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Paradox Order
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Rome Gold
  • Starvoid
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sengoku
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
SocialBanners_Facebook Release Image.png

We're pleased to announce that Cities: Skylines will be getting a playful new expansion, Parklife. Parklife is a lively new add-on for the PC version of Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order’s hit city-builder. The expansion will make your city more vibrant than ever with new amusement parks and zoos; nature reserves and city parks, giving new life to your empty land with custom green spaces.
Parklife adds new ways to play with everything from roller coasters and campsites to flower beds, fountains and flamingos. There’s also a new park area tool, five new maps, a ton of new assets and level-up features that increase your park’s property values in play.

More leisurely features:
• Parks and Recreation: Use the new park area tool to create park districts wherever there is empty land, and new city services like Park Maintenance, which boosts happiness and effectiveness, and helps level up parks.

• Brick by Brick: Customize your city with new buildings and assets, including a new sightseeing bus line, new service buildings, fresh attractions like amusement parks, nature reserves, city parks and zoos. There’s also a regal new monument, the Castle of Lord Chirpwick.

• Freeway Free for All: For the first time in Cities: Skylines, you can place buildings next to paths in the park districts (not just next to roads). Props can be placed anywhere inside park areas.

• Recesses Between Buildings: Transform those empty spaces between your buildings into vibrant parks and gardens.

• It’s a Walk in the Park: Customize routes and set ticket prices for new walking and sightseeing tours, among other tourism enhancements.

• Policies, Please: Take on three new city policies and eight new park policies to deal with recreational hazards like Fireworks and Animal Ethics.

More than that, Cities is adding a new radio station: Country Road Radio. The radio host is pure Dixieland Delight, spinning six instrumental tracks and ten songs with original vocals covering Appalachian Folk, Bluegrass/Honky Tonk, Nashville Modern Country and Unplugged country.

In addition to the paid expansion, Cities: Skylines will also get a free PC update, as usual, including a new tourism panel, trees that reduce noise pollution, a camera mode upgrade, new tourist models, and new modding features, including submeshmodding and an improved camera system so users can control the camera with scripts.

Pre-order TODAY!
Steam
Plaza

YES! Thank you! This sounds so damn cool! I remember people requesting so many of these features and now they are really coming to life! Can't wait to hear more!

EDIT: @TheLetterZ Will I get the same pre-order bonuses if I buy on Steam?

Last edited:
WOW!! I was really disappointed with the development of Cities:Skylines after "Green Cities". But "ParkLife" is so amazing.. With Concerts will be perfect!! I need this now!! :):):):)

Man, I’ve wanted parks to be zonable since... probably SimCity 2000. So, most of my life.

Very interesting. The only point I have is that as good as the park area tool may be, what will happen to the current pre-built parks that we have in game? Will there be a benefit in having one over the other?

The rest seems game-changing and looks to add a lot of value gamewise. I'm happy :D

Oh my god, I believe this is going to be the best expansion pack of the whole lot - I cannot wait! I've been asking for this sort of thing since launch!

If we got an expansion after this one using the same kind of tools (the district zoning) but focusing on expanding the industrial / blue-collar aspect (e.g. agriculture / oil fields etc), the game will then be perfect for me.

Last edited:
YES! Thank you! This sounds so damn cool! I remember people requesting so many of these features and now they are really coming to life! Can't wait to hear more!
Indeed, this is awesome!

Also looking forward to the Dev Diaries!

Dev Diaries coming up! At least before the release :D

Thanks for the great suggestions! Parklife has been so much fun to work on, can't wait to hear what you guys think of it!