Announcement: Innovate and Industrialize in Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

bus

Product Marketing Manager
Paradox Staff
Oct 9, 2017
forum-header.jpg

Great empires look ahead. Keep your traditions in mind, yes, but the past should be a guide, not a fetter. Break from the old faith. Break from centuries of squabbling on the continent. Break from old modes of production. Stride boldly into a future of new science and power guaranteed by our sails, backed by our army. Rule, Britannia.

Rule Britannia is a new immersion pack for Europa Universalis IV. Immersion packs are designed to add greater depth and focus to the historical legacy of a particular region and Rule Britannia takes the history of the British Isles as its priority.

Rule Britannia’s features include:
  • New British Missions: New exclusive Mission Trees for England, Scotland and Ireland, embedded in our new Europa Universalis IV mission system.
  • Industrial Revolution: Highly developed provinces may produce coal in the late game, fueling higher productivity and greater wealth.
  • Innovativeness: Earn rewards for being the first nation to unlock new knowledge, including lower power costs.
  • Naval Doctrine: Adopt a general strategy for your fleets, giving you bonuses to ship maintenance, trade power or battle performance.
  • Anglicanism: A new Protestant faith can appear in England with new bonuses and religious choices.
  • Knowledge Sharing: Help your lagging allies or subjects by promoting the spread of institutions in their realms.
  • Trade Steering: Force your defeated enemies to have their merchants fill your coffers.
Rule Britannia’s game improvements are packaged with:
  • New Unit Pack: New army designs for British nations, including regional Irish units and revolting nations like Northumberland or Cornwall, as well as new music.
  • New Music: Our composers have been hard at work writing new songs to quiet the stormy seas of commerce.
Pre-order Rule Britannia here. Coming soon.

Last edited:
"New Unit Pack: New army designs for British nations, including regional Irish units and revolting nations like Northumberland or Cornwall, as well as new music."

Does this include Wales?

Yeah :) One question though: When you give extra love to Northumberland and Cornwall, do you plan to add extra revolter tags in England like Mercia, Wessex, East Anglia etc.? I think there are too few possible tags in this region compared to Ireland, France, Germany etc.

Looking forward to this. Enjoyed playing Third Rome, and my first ever game in EU4 on release was with England - so it'll be interesting to see what's changed. Loving the prospect of new music, as well! Any rough idea when it's going to be releasing?

This is gonna piss off a lot of people who wanted the Spain Immersion pack xD
Anyways this looks awesome, especially the new missions since you guys are adding the new missions system
Will there be new unit types for every Irish clan?

There'll be no Union in my games ! Let Scotland flourish

This is gonna piss off a lot of people who wanted the Spain Immersion pack xD
Anyways this looks awesome, especially the new missions since you guys are adding the new missions system
Will there be new unit types for every Irish clan?
I agree with this comment, im pissed and sad, no love for la Armada :c

The cost seems very fair this time around

I'd love to have a chance to capture rivals boats when privateering even when not at war. If they're not protecting their trade then the wooden wall of Britain is going to capture some booty!

=( You seem totally intent on taking this game in exactly the opposite direction than I would have liked to. It's sad I liked the idea of decision trees but buffing England just because they are popular is not something I can get behind.