• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Adamgerd

Colonel
77 Badges
Jan 1, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • For the Motherland
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
The House of Anglia

mqoZg8n.png

Current Ruler/Head: Earl Wulf of Lancaster, Earl of York

Liege: King Æthelbald of Mercia

Crown Prince/Apparent Heir:
Johan of Anglia

Court Location/Capital: Lancaster

Last edited:
State of the Demesne/Realm/Earldoms
-Work In Progress-​

The House of Anglia

mqoZg8n.png
Wulf, Earl of Lancaster and York (age 67) - A man who betrayed the former King of Scotland to Æthelbald, starting the Scottish defection. In return for his betrayal of Scotland, and serving the lord loyally and well, he would become the Count of Lancaster and York, 2 border English regions against the much reduced strathclyde, whom he betrayed and later fought against. It has been 20 years since the war and although very competent with both cunning and diplomatic skills, he is now elderly and his heir is unstable, which could lead to a realm civil war if the succession is not held carefully. He knows this and thus hopes his heir becomes better and competent enough to hold it together, since he is very sick and knows. it's only a few months to his death

Johan of Anglia (age 23) - He is the legitimate heir and heir apparent to his father. Expected to be the successor to the throne and the restorer of the dynasty, his parents push him to study the most and try to prepare him for his inheritance. He is however paranoid, insane and resentful of his family and although he's the most legitimate heir, he's hardly the best, being strong physically, but lacking the subtle intrigue and diplomacy needed

Earl Wolf of Lancaster and York, Vassal to Æthelbald of Mercia
b. 18 August 703, Kingdom of Scotland
r. 728-present

-o-

Vassal Correspondence, Declarations, Treaties, Conferences and Miscellaneous Documents

The Court in Lancaster is now opened to any delegates and/or dignitaries from fellow vassals of the King or from external countries wishing to come

Last edited:
A letter arrives from Buckingham:

To Earl Wulf of Lancaster

I send this regarding the ill news from the royal court. Although I have no doubt word has long since reached your realm, I fear that news of the king's sudden illness still has yet to truly take hold in most of England. His reign has been ongoing for longer than most of us have been alive, and even in my own court there's almost a sense of denial: No-one will outright say it, but there seems to be this unspoken assumption that he will recover shortly and bless us with another hundred-years of rule.

I, however, fear this is not the case, and with Prince Æthelheard's elevation to heir being so recent I fear he may not be ready to hold the crown. It's for this reason that I write to you, hoping to find an ally in my attempts to keep this realm united should the worst take place and we lose our dear king: The prosperity that Æthelbald's reign brought us has made us far richer than any of our predecessors, and I believe we owe it to him to keep his kingdom united even after his passing.

Sincerely,
Leofræd, Earl of Middlesex​

A letter arrives bearing the royal seal:
Earl Wulf of Lancaster,

I have heard many stories of the Scottish campaigns and your role in it. I mourn at news of your illness, and will of course excuse your absence. It is your generation that helped my grandfather build this kingdom of ours, and I can only pray that I might lead the kingdom in a manner befitting of the legacy you have left to us.

I plan to visit every corner of England so that they may know their new king, and while it may be months until I reach the northern reaches of the kingdom, I do hope to meet you in person when I do. It has been pleasant to see many of this country's more influential nobles gathered in Kent, but it has been a minor tragedy that they were without one of our most accomplished and respectable peers.

Æthelheard,
King of the Saxons and Lord of Albion​