Cradle of Civilization - Content Pack

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Carlberg

Lead Environment Artist - CKIII
Paradox Staff
40 Badges
Oct 17, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Paradox Order
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Dungeonland
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Magicka 2: Ice, Death and Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Magicka 2
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Roses
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV
As-salāmu ʿalaykum, peace be upon you! The time has come for us to have a look at the new Content Pack for Cradle of Civilization. This time it's eastern Anatolia, Persia and the Arabian peninsula that have had the focus.

Peninsula Unit Pack
Cradle_Render_1.png
Cradle_Render_2.png

The Bedouins of the Arabian peninsula weather the harsh climate of the deserts. There's the Najd of the central desert, the Omani of the eastern edge, the Yemeni in the south towards Africa and the Hedjazi that hold the holy sites of Mecca along the Red Sea. Will their path be to create an Arabian empire like never seen before? Or will they bend the knee to the Ottomans and Mamluks?

Persian Unit Pack
Persian_Render_1.png
Persian_Render_2_fix.png

Persia, the lands of an an ancient culture, have seen many conquerors come and go. Now it is about to be torn apart in a violent succession struggle between the many princes of the Timurid Dynasty. Perhaps Persia will be united once again, whether by these princes or someone new putting an end to their squabbles. Smaller states like Hisn Kayfa and other Kurdish states are also looking towards a greater past, to restore their place in the region.

The Rivers Unit Pack

Rivers_Render_1.png
Rivers_Render_2.png

As the Timurid princes fight on over the Persian lands the ancient lands of Mesopotamia lie forgotten. The Black and White sheep, two feuding tribal federations, have come to rise in there wake of Timur's death, eager to fill the vacuum left behind by the great Amir. To the south, across the Great Syrian Desert and along the gulf coast, the Jabrid Emirs of Haasa and the Rashids of Jabal Shamar are extending their control over the Arabian trade networks.

That's it for this time, if you have any questions or thought's you're welcome to share them in this thread.

Ah! You can't beat the latest Persian fashion in headwear.

Wait a minute- is... is that the Sassanid flag for Tabarestan?! Finally, now you can truly achieve your own home-made Sassanid vibes!

Strange that the picture refers to Tabarestan, I thought they were going to replace Tabarestan with Mazandaran as said in the DD#3. Maybe they have reconsidered things.

Strange that the picture refers to Tabarestan, I thought they were going to replace Tabarestan with Mazandaran as said in the DD#3. Maybe they have reconsidered things.
I'm assuming those units are for all of the northern Iranian countries.

Looks good. Will certainly breathe some new life visually in the Muslim States. I think my favorites are the Hejaz units.

Will some of this sprites be cloned? And for whom?

Looks good and they very are well done. I've got to admit I've not purchased either ROM or MOH expansions but only the unit packs as they are for me well worth it for immersion. Loved the Mare Nostrum content pack as well getting that long before getting the actual expansion. So in keeping with escaping from using any old generic spear carrier I'm sure to get these.

no content for anatolian minors? another joke from pdx ...
we learned that shammar is much more important country than the successor of rûm, karaman!
also why qq models have whiter skin than the aq models? it is also a contrast with their names aq/qara :)

Last edited:
*Looks at Yemen T3*

Lawrence of Arabia!

Afghanistan T2 almost beats out Persia in the headwear department. Almost.

I can't decide whether T1 Persians or T2 Afghans have the coolest hats, and I love the tiny buckler for T1 Persia.
That said, I can't say that I'm a huge fan of the Wizard-hats of T4 Persia; but after switching them out to use T4 Timurid sprites, they'll be maybe my favourite set of all.
Also adore Mazandaran using the Derafsh-Jamshid.
If I wasn't hyped before, I am now.

Last edited:
As-salāmu ʿalaykum, peace be upon you! The time has come for us to have a look at the new Content Pack for Cradle of Civilization. This time it's eastern Anatolia, Persia and the Arabian peninsula that have had the focus.

Peninsula Unit Pack
View attachment 310185 View attachment 310186
The Bedouins of the Arabian peninsula weather the harsh climate of the deserts. There's the Najd of the central desert, the Omani of the eastern edge, the Yemeni in the south towards Africa and the Hedjazi that hold the holy sites of Mecca along the Red Sea. Will their path be to create an Arabian empire like never seen before? Or will they bend the knee to the Ottomans and Mamluks?

Persian Unit Pack
View attachment 310187View attachment 310206
Persia, the lands of an an ancient culture, have seen many conquerors come and go. Now it is about to be torn apart in a violent succession struggle between the many princes of the Timurid Dynasty. Perhaps Persia will be united once again, whether by these princes or someone new putting an end to their squabbles. Smaller states like Hisn Kayfa and other Kurdish states are also looking towards a greater past, to restore their place in the region.

The Rivers Unit Pack

View attachment 310189 View attachment 310190
As the Timurid princes fight on over the Persian lands the ancient lands of Mesopotamia lie forgotten. The Black and White sheep, two feuding tribal federations, have come to rise in there wake of Timur's death, eager to fill the vacuum left behind by the great Amir. To the south, across the Great Syrian Desert and along the gulf coast, the Jabrid Emirs of Haasa and the Rashids of Jabal Shamar are extending their control over the Arabian trade networks.

That's it for this time, if you have any questions or thought's you're welcome to share them in this thread.
Dude thank you very much!!!!! Plz let me pre order. :):)

I can't decide whether T1 Persians or T2 Afghans have the coolest hats, and I love the tiny buckler for T1 Persia.
That said, I can't say that I'm a huge fan of the Wizard-hats of T4 Persia; but after switching them out to use T4 Timurid sprites, they'll be maybe my favourite set of all.
Also adore Mazandaran using the Derafsh-Jamshid.
If I wasn't hyped before, I am now.
I am not sure if you know but tier 4 Persian is qajar era uniform if you want to check it out in Google. Cheers man