• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hairy Dude

Major
96 Badges
May 5, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Sengoku
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Empire of Sin - Deluxe Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Stellaris
  • Rome Gold
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
If you form the Fraticelli Papacy and make Fraticelli the new orthodoxy, Fraticelli countries in the converted EU4 game use the curia system, but the curia starts off controlled by the Catholic Papal State. This is true even if the Papal State doesn't exist and the Fraticelli Papacy does. In that case no one will ever control the curia since the ruler of a nonexistent country can't die.

The Fraticelli curia also has odd papal influence costs for its interactions. I think they are the same as the regular Catholic curia used to be (they were mostly lowered sometime around patch 1.12, I think).

I tested this by using the console to steal all the pope's land and taking the decision to create the Fraticelli Papacy, then using a decision (added by a mini-mod) that turns all Catholic provinces and all Catholic characters in them Fraticelli.

Upvote 0