Oak v1.4.0 (9b1f) - Hungary can Demand a Referendum even when Germany has annexed Austria

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Oneknown

Recruit
32 Badges
Jun 14, 2017
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II
Oak v1.4.0 (9b1f) - Hungary can Demand a Referendum even when Germany has annexed Austria

Description:
I was playing Hungary and trying to combine with Austria and had just finished Invite the Hapsburg Prince when Germany Annexed Austria. But to my surprise I could still Demand a Referendum even though Germany owned Austria. Not wanting my tiny country to go toe-to-toe with Germany, I decided to go with that. Except nothing happened, and now I can't Take Austria by Force because it's exclusive with Demand a Referendum.

My expectation is if a focus tree option would have no effect, that I shouldn't be able to pursue it, since now I'm stuck with Germany on my border and no way to change that until world tension gets a lot higher.

Reproduction Steps:
1. Ironman, historical focus, country = Hungary, single player
2. Advance down the Hungary focus tree until Invite the Hapsburg Prince is complete at the same time as Germany completes the Annexation. This was the 10th or 11th focus I pursued.
3. Wait a couple days, note that the option to Demand a Referendum is still valid.
4. Complete the Demand a Referendum focus, note that nothing happens and there is no indication that anything should happen.

DLC Info:
I have the Death or Dishonor expansion, but not the British Commonwealth expansion. I also have all the pre-order unit packs and the Poland DLC.

Mods:
None

Last edited:
Upvote 0
edit - Sorry, a mod will say register your game and post this in the bug report forum. You don't say if this is with the new version, with a mod, or what, so when you do put this post in the right sub forum, make sure you specify which version in the title, and so on, following the bug report format, linked below.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...idelines-on-how-to-write-a-bug-report.942103/

Welcome to the forums!

edited because I didn't realize this was in the main forum, just clicked out of the bug forums a second earlier apparently...

Last edited:
I was playing Hungary and trying to combine with Austria and had just finished Invite the Hapsburg Prince when Germany Annexed Austria. But to my surprise I could still Demand a Referendum even though Germany owned Austria. Not wanting my tiny country to go toe-to-toe with Germany, I decided to go with that. Except nothing happened, and now I can't Take Austria by Force because it's exclusive with Demand a Referendum.

My expectation is if a focus tree option would have no effect, that I shouldn't be able to pursue it, since now I'm stuck with Germany on my border and no way to change that until world tension gets a lot higher.

I imagine PDX will need to add a few more restrictions to that focus (and to Anschluss).

Yes, there need to be a lot more restrictions on focuses. Romania can offer to split the Czechs even when both Germany and Romania are at war with them, and with each other.

Moved to Bug Reports Sub-forum.