Death or Dishonor is now LIVE! Release FAQ Here.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TinyWiking

Team Lead - Customer Support
Administrator
Paradox Staff
89 Badges
Jul 1, 2015
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Limited Collectors Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Haemimont Games Staff
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • PDXCON 2017 Gold Ticket holder
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • IPO Investor
  • Eugen Systems Staff
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Surviving Mars
STOCKHOLM — June 14, 2017
Paradox Interactive, a publisher and developer that’s never rushin’ out its games, today released new content for two of its best-selling Grand Strategy games, both focused on the nations of Eastern Europe during different, formative periods in history. Third Rome, a new immersion pack for Europa Universalis IV, adds new gameplay features for the Russian empire, and is available for $9.99. Death or Dishonor, a new country pack for Hearts of Iron IV, brings new events and national focuses to the nations bordering the Soviet Union during World War II – Romania, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, and Yugoslavia – and is available as well for $9.99. The two packs can also be purchased together in a discounted bundle for $17.98. Both packs are available today for Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs.

See what happens when you wish upon a Tsar in a new trailer for Third Rome:

Prepare to make a not-so-difficult choice between Death or Dishonor in the new trailer:

In Third Rome, players will find new means to wield spiritual, political, and military control in the Russian empire, with new ranks of government and unique military units. Features include:

Tsardoms and Principalities: New ranks of Russian government with new abilities and, for Tsars, strong bonuses including the right to claim entire States – not just provinces.
Iconography: Commission great religious icons for the Orthodox church, boosting your empire’s power depending on the saint you choose to revere.
Siberian Frontier: Russian nations can slowly colonize uninhabited border regions, with no fear of native uprisings

Meanwhile, in Death or Dishonor, the Soviets lie on your eastern borders while the Axis march forth from the west. Players will have to find ways to come out of the war with their lives and/or their dignity intact. Features include:

Four New Focus Trees: Experience the war from the difficult perspectives of Hungary, Romania, Czechoslovakia, and Yugoslavia.
Equipment Conversion: Update your arsenal by converting older units -- or make use of captured enemy vehicles and gear.
New Diplomatic and Puppet Interactions: License military technology to bring other nations’ weapons to the field or sell your advances to the highest bidder.

Players can purchase Third Rome and Death or Dishonor together here:

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/europa-universalis-iv-third-rome-and-hearts-of-iron-iv-death-or-dishonor-bundle

The packs can be purchased separately here:
https://www.paradoxplaza.com/europa-universalis-iv-third-rome
https://www.paradoxplaza.com/hearts-of-iron-iv-death-or-dishonor/

When is the Country Pack released?
15:00 CEST today!

How much does it cost?
$9.99

Where can I buy it?

It’s available through Our webshop, Steam, and other major outlets.

Is this included in my Expansion Pass?
Yes, and there’s still more content to come in the future!

Is there a non-Steam version?
No. You will receive a Steam key/require Steam no matter where you buy your copy of the game.

Does Paradox get more money if I buy through Paradoxplaza?
Yes

This Country Pack look interesting, but I want to know more before I purchase it.
Check out our Stream series beginning here:

Is there a free patch coming out alongside it?
Of course! Here’s some of the biggest changes: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ev-diary-1-4-oak-changlog-sneak-peek.1028635/

I've found a bug, where do I report it?
In our bug report forum. Please read the instructions on how to report a bug before proceeding. You need to be logged in, own the game on Steam and sync your Paradox Account with your Steam Account to gain access.

I have a suggestion how to improve the game!
Please post in our suggestion forum. Make sure you keep your suggestions focused. One thread with multiple very different suggestions doesn't make for a good suggestion. The more focused one discussion is, the easier it is for us to take in the information. And don't forget to check others suggestions. Maybe someone already suggested what you are about to write. Use the "I agree" button to show support for good suggestions.

Last but not least!
If you have any problems with a purchase from the webshop at Paradoxplaza please get in touch here: https://www.paradoxplaza.com/support

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to sound offensive, as I have played quite a bit of HOI4 and enjoy it but this seems to lack quite a bit in comparison to your usual dlc. National Focuses are not a feature I and I imagine many other people consider to be worth very much, given its not exactly difficult for a modder to release the same amount of content for free. Three of the largest mods on the steam workshop, Kaiserreich, the Great War and Road to 56, include far more then 4 focuses, as well as several new features for free. Both Together for Victory and now Death and Dishonor have suffered from this problem, and my question is, do you guys have something planned that will rival some of eu4 or ck2s dlc in size or are the rest of the HOI4's dlcs just going to be these national focus country packs with 1-2 new mechanics?

- AI Germany still declares war at ahistorical dates against the entire world, charges the Maginot or gets stuck trying to handle a two-front war
- Still can't manage production templates wisely (e.g. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...onts-war-1-4-dod.1028299/page-4#post-22959541)
- Multiple national focuses bugged or just simply don't work; features from TfV not updated to match features introduced in DoD
- AI still spams naval invasions against coasts at war start
- Air combat isn't really "redone" at all, all you did was improve the UI
- China buff is an easy, sloppy workaround to the often lopsided 2nd Sino-Japanese War

really frustrating tbh

Not to sound offensive, as I have played quite a bit of HOI4 and enjoy it but this seems to lack quite a bit in comparison to your usual dlc. National Focuses are not a feature I and I imagine many other people consider to be worth very much, given its not exactly difficult for a modder to release the same amount of content for free. Three of the largest mods on the steam workshop, Kaiserreich, the Great War and Road to 56, include far more then 4 focuses, as well as several new features for free. Both Together for Victory and now Death and Dishonor have suffered from this problem, and my question is, do you guys have something planned that will rival some of eu4 or ck2s dlc in size or are the rest of the HOI4's dlcs just going to be these national focus country packs with 1-2 new mechanics?
I'm sure they do... in season pass 2 for only $49.99! But don't worry, its value is $79.99! Pre-purchase now on Steam and you get bonus ROC and PRC solider skins as well as a unique forum avatar. Buy the Chancellor Edition for $99.99 and you'll get some backgrounds, a Sabaton album you can get for normally $5 and even more unique forum avatars!

It's sad how much love and attention CK2, EU4 and Stellaris gets and then.... there is HoI4, the black sheep, the odd one out, the weird one, that one person that leans against the wall the entire night while everyone dances; the unintended result of a one night stand; your third daughter in a row, when you've wanted a son the entire time; the weird uncle that we invite to Thanksgiving because it's a family holiday and he's "family" etc. etc.

It's just a shame the pre-order "bonus" for HOI4 included DoD, because it's something everyone should pick up at 75% off.

P.S Third Rome is pretty dope though ;) EU4 is the highpoint of Paradox, as always <3

This is a legitimate complaint, and I fully agree with it. HoI4 (and Stellaris, till Utopia) DLCs are far too small and does not add enough content. But then again, there are people saying PDX should release just features-light, totally flavour-focused DLCs and complaining about features locked behind paywall. Go figure.

I was doing a SP play through as Germany (as a way to test a MP strategy) and this is the order of focuses and actions that occurred (I'll get to the problem at the end.) So I was doing a normal play through as Germany (non-historical), so I got Czech's/Slovak's as a Satellite, by micro-managing there foci via console commands of tagging the country and picking the focus on the same day as I was doing for Germany. (Because they are satellite I didn't need to do the Sudetenland Foci that Germany has.) I went down instead the Ljubljana foci. Did the first one (Germany gets land), then the second one (Italy/Hungry both gets land), then I switched to Italy to take the remaining land via war from Yugoslavia (the land is important for Italy in a MP game.) After the peace between Italy capitulating the remaining Yugoslav lands, as Germany, I did the 'Second Award Ljubljana' (skipping the focus 'Fate of Yugoslavia' because there weren't around anymore) (and then comes the first problem) and nothing happened. No Event or land given away, no claims. I was confused because this is something for Italy (to my knowledge). Right after I went to the 'Second Award Vienna' focus and the event didn't fire for the Transylvania stuff. Again, no land or cores were an option for Hungry.

These are really important, for many reason, but especially for MP if you want a Czech player to co-exist with the Hungarian player. Hungry needs other states to grow, and Italy still needs way more (aka Yugoslavia lands) and the Greek ones too, to make up for the other 2 lost in Yugoslavia and thus, even a little more to get Italian Economics up there with the other Majors, as we all know, they lack.

Thank you for reading and I hope these get resolved.

Notes: I was using all the DLC's except the optional music DLCs and the Tank 3D models DLC.

Man what happened to you paradox, you used to be cool.

Basically my opinion of Paradox for the last year or so.

It's sad to see a game like Hoi4, which I was so hyped for become what it has: a broken, dull, empty mess and Eu4 a game which I love to bits, go so downhill after Art of War.
I don't mind DLCs especially from a company I like a lot, but it feels like they're releasing them just for the sake of it at this point. Compare Art of War to Mare Nostrum for example.

Inb4 half the posts in this thread get deleted or even worse, completely ignored.

Inb4 half the posts in this thread get deleted or even worse, completely ignored.
The former obviously hasn't happened yet, the latter I believe they already are doing because they sure as hell didn't look at the Steam reviews or the complaints here about "Together for Victory" so I doubt they care what we think about "Death or Dishonor".