Europa Universalis IV Expands Eastward on April 6

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
“Mandate of Heaven” Expansion Releasing Soon; Developer Stream Scheduled for March 14

EUIV_MoH-Facebook_Cover-availablesoon.jpg

STOCKHOLM - Mar. 13, 2017 - Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio today revealed the release date for “Mandate of Heaven,” the latest expansion for Europa Universalis IV. The expansion, which adds new gameplay events and features to Paradox’s award-winning grand strategy game of global domination, will arrive on April 6, 2017 for Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs. Players will be able to experience new ways of playing Europa Universalis IV next month as the major nations of East Asia, with new features surrounding the Japanese Shogunate, the Celestial Empire, and more. Mandate of Heaven will retail for $19.99 via digital distributors worldwide.

To give players a first glimpse of Mandate of Heaven, Paradox will begin showcasing new features from the new expansion in a live stream on their Twitch channel on Tuesday, March 14, 2017. The first stream will take place at 14:00 CET (6:00 a.m. PDT) at https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive.

For more information about the expansion, visit https://www.paradoxplaza.com/europa-universalis-iv-mandate-of-heaven.

I can't wait

. . . Well, *explitive deleted*

Now I have to choose between this and Stellaris . . . Couldn't you give me, like, a week either way? Pretty please?
MONEY FOR THE PARADOX GODS

For once, it's not about money. It's about the amount of free time I have available. And THAT was already in very short supply :(
Choose EU4!

I dont think it was a brilliant marketing strategy to release an expansion for two of your games with cross over players on the same day.
But hey I won't complain, I don't play Sterallis so it doesnt affect me lol

. . . Well, *explitive deleted*

Now I have to choose between this and Stellaris . . . Couldn't you give me, like, a week either way? Pretty please?
Mandate of Heaven, Utopia, Monks & Mystics (the complete and rebalanced version) and Mass Effect: Andromeda. April is going to be one hell of a month.

Damn, I was hoping for an earlier release, I can't wait for a Chinese Empire run where I don't get bored within a decade or so (what do you guys think, Qing, Ming or Han (ET) first?)

I dont think it was a brilliant marketing strategy to release an expansion for two of your games with cross over players on the same day.
But hey I won't complain, I don't play Sterallis so it doesnt affect me lol
Might actually be brilliant on the marketing side. I guess people are simply gonna buy both at the same time while they are at it. Gonna play one later, yeah.

Utopia and Mandate of Heaven the same day?
I love you Paradox, but the moment I read this the first time I hated you ... you seem to enjoy ripping me apart! ;)

I am imagining Wiz and Johan placed us in the middle between them and are calling our names to see who we go to...

But I will be buying both all the same, I just won't be playing utopia a lot longer than originally anticipated.

@BjornB Any news on when we get to see the content pack renders? :)

Last edited:
Hmm...

Family or Paradox... Stellaris or Europa... Stuffing or Potatoes...