• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi folks!

Tomorrow is the release day for Monks and Mystics and, of course, the 2.7 patch - exciting times! Now, we've already covered the new features pretty well, so... how about a Q&A? Unleash your questions about everything CK!

(Oh, and don't miss the livestreams later today, 16:00 CET as usual!)

momy_ck_update_2_7.jpg

So when this the idea for this game was first conceived, was it intended to be about crusader kings, or was there a type of game that y'all wanted to make and a game about kings who were crusaders was the setting that worked best?

How much larger is the code base of the game now compared to the size when it was initially released? I'm curious to know how much more complex the game has gotten over the years.

Will you add new portraits for South and West Slavs? Or will they just stay with default ones?

Crusader Kings 2 has become really fleshed out compared to how it was at release. Is there any specific mechanism or thing you still find lacking and really want to see improved upon before CK2 reaches its final, ultimate version?

So when this the idea for this game was first conceived, was it intended to be about crusader kings, or was there a type of game that y'all wanted to make and a game about kings who were crusaders was the setting that worked best?

I think others can give a more detailed and fleshed out answer. But from what I can recall, naming this game Crusader Kings was considered a big mistake as the name somewhat constrained the ambitions of it. So the second thing you say there is probably what's closest to the truth :)

1. Is now possible to create the Antiking faction even if your liege (who has the antipope) is not Nomadic Government? Right now you can't.

2. Is it possible to join a Secret Religion even if you have not converted from said religion? I mean to become, for example, a Secret Shia if you are a count in the HRE

3. Has something be done about Moral Authority of religions being almost always over 100MA? Catholics, for example, are always over 100MA even if they have an Antipope

Oh, and thank you for the Q&A ;)

I currently ponder which game to focus on for the next weeks. CK2 with Monks and Mystics is a candidate. The relics / artifacts feature could have the biggest appeal for me, but I can't judge if it just a showcase for some random items with barely any influence on the game or if it's really enriching the game experience. Can you share any information about this feature that wasn't covered in its dev diary?

Last edited:
Will you clean up the files and make sure every file is up to date and balance all DLC to each other before ending the development?

E.g. Will you actually fix broken dynasties in the game, add basic rulers to counties which have none in 1066 and later? Will you remove events or update events that still have outdated eventchecks such as the old holy order events before SoA? Will next DLC be a major major house cleaner?

Or do you hold your stand that people won't notice / care because they only go for CM and 867 start dates anyways?

Are you still planning only one more major dlc/expansion before CK2 development is finished, or do you think there would be enough interest (both internally in features you'd want to make and externally in customers willing to purchase more) to continue into the future?

Will the character finder ever get a filter to only show people you can convert to your religion?
It is not planned at this time, but it can always be added to our "TODO" list. Make a suggestion post in the suggestion forum.

Will Christians be able to join assassin Orders ?. Or will that only be limited to Muslims
Only Shia Muslims.

2. Is it possible to join a Secret Religion even if you have not converted from said religion? I mean to become, for example, a Secret Shia if you are a count in the HRE
You can be invited in the secret cult by a member.

Will you be adding more societies/secret cults in the future?
Definitely.

Earlier it was stated that you where planning 2 more expansions for CK2, one big and one small. Was this the big expansion or the small? And is this still the plan within PDS meaning that we can only expect one more DLC for this magnificent game?