[1.82] AI dont invade bombarded planets of machine empires enemies

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sapa Inca

General
36 Badges
Jan 21, 2017
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Playing with a machine empire (no special civics) I am in a war against a spiritualist empire.
They have superior fleet power and currently are bombarding a planet that have be reduced to 0 fortifications a long time ago.
The planet is defended by 5 defensive armies, the AI have 12 assault armies in a fleet orbiting the planet.
But for some motive the AI never land the troops.
I used console commands to switcth to control spiritualist empire and see what is happening:
1- The tooltip indicate that 12 assault armies will probably lose if invade the planet (this can be the motive that AI dont invade the planet).
2- The AI have resources but is not training assault armies to take the ground, but is building more ships instead.
3- I invaded the planet with 12 assault armies and they absolutely stomped the 5 defensive armies, 0 assault armies lost. The tooltip informing that the invasion will probably fail is wrong.

So, we have 2 bugs here:
1- The tooltip for invade machine empires is displaying wrong information, maybe the defensive power of armies of machine empires is being overrated.
2- AIs are not training armies, even when the game inform that their already recruited armies are not sufficient to capture planets.

DLCs used: All.
Mods used: 0.

Save:

Attachments

• Factory.sav
    932,6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am playing as a machine empire and I am experiencing the same thing. The AI has a very strong fleet and could easily take over my planet, but they don't. They just sit there bombarding and never invade. This happened with with two separate empires attacking me simultaneously and my defending fleet all but annihilated. Both AI empires invasion of my territory stopped at the first planet each went to and no invasion ever took place. I was able to leisurely build my fleet back up and start raiding the territory of one of the attackers, at which point their fleets started chasing after me. The problem is, I can't continue to play until this gets fixed. There is no point, because I know the AI can't invade me.

version 1.8.2
I have all the DLC's and am not using any mods.

Yea the issue was supposed to be fixed by 1.8.2 but apparently isn't its related to the AI miss judging the strength of machine armies. My guess being due to the high moral. Its a rather major bug too since I haven't really felt the urge to play machine empire since encountering it, and if I were to I would have to limit myself to like 3 defensive armies just to give the AI a chance.