• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, how do government ranks make the American Republic government obsolete? I mean, yes, Federal Republic was basically just a relabeled Constitutional Republic, but American Republic at least has a unique re-election period.

Also, do the missionary boosting decisions treat Zoroastrianism as a form of Paganism or do they get their own decisions?

Reactions:
But that would be RIP Venice 100% of time. Even now they too often fall to Ottos. AI Venice completely don't know how to deal both Austria and Ottomans. I have yet to see succesfull Venice.

Rome would be also too easy for them. Wien is enough. Also why Danzig and not Berlin? Too easy for Poland.
Adding Stockholm could be interesting though. That brings questions why not London, Paris, Madrid, Amsterdam or any other big european city? Would be fun seeing Russian hordes trying to invade London :)

Actually I think this decision is the most questionable change and I hope it won't be gambreaker.

Well that is true, but my next game as Ottomans is going to be in MP and I doubt I'm going to be able to wrestle Wien from the host, nor do I fancy facing a western PLC early on. I think I'll be building a lot of forts in Greece and heading south, leaving them to fight it out for themselves in Europe.

Why would you ever willingly take on 50 min autonomy?
Well while game mechanics are different it is very weird to rule in China without the Mandate of Heaven, any chance of in the future it existing in some way not tied to the minimum autonomy?

Reactions:
- Random event 836 and 837 can now no longer fire for countries that cannot build ships.
I have to admit that these events were kind of entertaining - chilling in the Himalayas as Tibet and hearing of your unusually good naval supply production was amusing.

Reactions:
Why Commonwealth isn't Western than?

From the decision to creat PLC:

Code:
pol_commonwealth = {
     major = yes
     potential = {
       normal_or_historical_nations = yes
       OR = {
         ai = no
         is_playing_custom_nation = no
       }
       NOT = { exists = PLC }
       NOT = { tag = HLR }
       tag = POL
       LIT = {
         exists = yes
         ai = yes
         was_player = no
       }
       OR = {
         ai = no
         senior_union_with = LIT
       }
     }
     allow = {
       LIT = { was_player = no }
       adm_tech = 10
       is_subject = no
       stability = 1
       is_at_war = no
       owns_core_province = 262         # Krakow
       owns_core_province = 257         # Warszawa
       owns_core_province = 43         # Danzig
       owns_core_province = 1841         # Marienburg
       senior_union_with = LIT
       NOT = { num_of_unions = 2 }
       MAZ = { exists = no }
     }
     effect = {
       change_tag = PLC
       inherit = LIT

(...)

ai_will_do = {
       factor = 1
     }
     ai_importance = 400
   }
You need Danzig to form Commonwealth. AI always forms Commonwealth when it can. If you have Danzig you can go for instant Westernization. Thus, PLC will always be Westernized.

Why not just skip this and make Poland properly Western country? I mean backwater Ireland or Finland are Western for some reason, so why Poland isn't? I just see no point in making owning Danzig as a condition when it basically always happens.
Why eastern? Because glorious cavalry
Poland didn't need to westernize. It should be in the western tech group from the start. It fell not because it was lagging behind in technology, but because it was very badly mismanaged.

Which can be very well simulated in game ;)

Reactions:
Why eastern? Because glorious cavalry

Which can be very well simulated in game ;)
Well, even stronger PLC is even more nerfbat for Russia which is already uber weak. Now Mega Western PLC will not lag in tech and blob even more....

Edit: which is good for countries that need PLC as an ally, so: indirect Byz buff :D

Reactions:
This can be solved by giving it western tech and eastern units.
Which is what they are doing, only with a delay. Stop being so butthurt.

Reactions:
That doesn't make sense to me with only 20% War Score if the AI really agree to such demands...
The 20% is an additional cost on top of the actual warscore cost of the province.

Reactions:
Which is what they are doing, only with a delay. Stop being so butthurt.
How am I being "butthurt"? I saw an ongoing conversation on the issue and offered a solution that satisfied both "western tech" and "more cavalry".

This is also the first time I've said anything on this issue and I am actually annoyed at being treated like someone who's been harping on it for ages.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.