• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CK2 Dev Diary#28: Easing Executions

It’s Monday again, and you know what that means: a Dev Diary! It’s time to start talking about new features in an upcoming DLC which I can’t name yet. For DDs we prefer to talk about things we’ve already implemented, but this <Mystery DLC> is still in the very early stages so you’re going to see some mockups which hopefully convey the idea of what we are going for without being an exact representation - don’t be surprised if the final result looks rather different though.

With that said, the basic idea is to give the Intrigue screen more room for Decisions and Prisoners. As well as that, a system of filters and a set of “do to all currently shown” buttons to Release/Ransom/Execute multiple characters at once:
intrigue_update_1_prisoners.jpg

Ideally we’ll also have a lock button on characters so they can be excluded from mass actions, and radio buttons would likely be better than our traditional dropdown lists.

That’s it for now, I did warn you I would make some short DDs sometimes!

Reactions:
new dlc already?

Reactions:
Let's face it : CK2 is a game of plots. We ought to have the possibility to make more than one at once and to have more controls over those we are in. This would greatly improve the game in my opinion.

Reactions:
Good stuff! I find "My Plots" to be especially intriguing. Is that plots as in multiple plots at the same time?

You can only "own" one plot, but you've always been able to back others too.

Looks good! Another thing that might be helpful could be little icons that show whether a context-dependent prisoner action is possible (eg recruit, castrate, blind) though that might make it too busy :)

It's certainly worth considering!

Reactions:
Finally A way to neatly order my prison cells. And ransome multiple characters at once? Yes please.

Reactions:
Happy to see an 'execute/ransom/release all' button. Hoping to see that for embarking ships.

Curious if the 'Decisions' banner is purple due to being an Emperor, or if you guys just switched up that color.

Reactions:
Currently you can only ransom one character from the same court at a time due to the liege not being able to handle more than one diplomatic action at once. How would mass-ransoming interact with this?

Reactions:
The prisoner management is exactly what i suggested when you asked us what we'd like to see change in the game interface. Very glad it's on its way.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Super hyped for the words "My Plots."

Super hyped for what is really much more auto prisoner options then I expected. I mean we've always wanted a ransom all button but I just have never imagined how the system would do it in a non hiccupy way.

The basic enlarging of the intrigue decisions is nice too that's a very important menu where you make very important decisions and yet it has always been so tiny. I also love the dash of purple.

And I think that radio buttons might be nicer, but visible radio buttons more so for this purpose over hidden ones. A hidden "access it through a right click" radio button wouldn't give the user the ability to rapidly alter multiple prisoners at once.

You can only "own" one plot, but you've always been able to back others too.

Well there goes that dream.

But while we're on the topic why not more types of plots.

I and many others have said it before that kidnapping was not uncommon. It could come with sever opinion penalties with the family, and give them a CB to get them back, a piety loss.

Reactions:
I think I prefer Secret DLC to Mystery DLC.

Will elves be present in the new DLC? Just need to make sure I don't commit myself to the wrong game's DLC if elf-killing opportunities are available elsewhere.

Reactions:
Execute all button is really something that the game was mising. ;) Looking forward to some interesting patchnotes ("Improved mass executions"). :)

Reactions: