• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know for sure if UK has a conservative government, but these characters are in just for story purposes.

The whole game event is weird, though. It offers the chance to change the Balkans like the real life Confrence of Berlin of 1878...in the game year 1862.

Most of the representatives of the real Congress were still politicians in 1862, but in lesser positions. So either I do lesser known, arbitrary generic politicians or introduce the real politicians with so much personal histories and potential.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Love this! Can't wait for more

When Will the comic potentially be up?
I'm sorry I haven't replied. I was not going to reply because I figured I would finish the segment the day after this post, then it was delayed, and delayed again, and then delayed once more.

I want to say Thursday at the latest. It's been a hard segment trying to get everything about the conference in order: who wants what, how they want it, their dialog, etc.

So I apologize for the delay. I promised I would make these Ch. 18 segments quicker but I am failing. I will try and improve that.

Reactions:
I hope i did not come of as brash or impatient: I know the creative process isnt the single simplest thing in the world, and that you probably also have other matters to attend to once in a while. I am sure all of us as a comunity respect you imensely for your art, and any good product, takes time. Still looking forward to it though.

I hope i did not come of as brash or impatient: I know the creative process isnt the single simplest thing in the world, and that you probably also have other matters to attend to once in a while. I am sure all of us as a comunity respect you imensely for your art, and any good product, takes time. Still looking forward to it though.
Of course, don't worry about it.

And after another delay, the segment is completed. I must say, this was one of the harder ones to do...story-wise. I had to keep everything consistent and plausible since the interests of the AAR powers are different from those of the real conference.

Plus, this segment is 90 rows in length... one of the longest. So thank you dear readers for your patience.

NOTE: The comic has been automatically scaled down by the forum, so if there's any fuzzy text or image you cannot see clearly you can now "right-click -> view image" to view it in full resolution.

Chapter 18, Segment #6: In the game of geopolitics, there are no rules. So it's not a game then, I guess.
chapter_18_6a_by_nicolasgiordano-d8w4nsk.png

chapter_18_6b_by_nicolasgiordano-d8w4oud.png

chapter_18_6c_by_nicolasgiordano-d8w4pqs.png

Reactions:
Are you rigging the event then? Or has it happened and this is your commentary? Because it's notoriously random in PDM.

(also, your sig has a bb code error, after (8))

Really good piece.

In the 8th last picture---2nd to last one with Prussia---you have used u and not ü in Bülow.

What is it the difference between Russians in the blue Russian flag and Russians in the yellow one is?

Did Serbs already hate Bosnians back then?

Are you rigging the event then? Or has it happened and this is your commentary? Because it's notoriously random in PDM.

(also, your sig has a bb code error, after (8))
It has already happened, I know of the outcome but you will have to wait and see what it is. (Sig has been noticed and fixed)
Really good piece.
In the 8th last picture---2nd to last one with Prussia---you have used u and not ü in Bülow.
What is it the difference between Russians in the blue Russian flag and Russians in the yellow one is?
Did Serbs already hate Bosnians back then?
I'll have to fix that, thank you for pointing that out.

Typically flag differences don't have much meaning behind them, but in this case Shuvalov (blue guy) is more liberal than his yellow counterparts.

I don't know about "hate", but Turks, Bosniaks, and other Muslims were not treated kindly by the Orthodox and Catholic (in case for Croatia) populations at times.

I laughed my ass off at the "Turkish" ambassadors :p

I think you made that very plausible. I love 19th-century diplo talk. Baby Nappy supporting German unification under Prussia would be a dangerous game for him.
Yes, it is getting complicated. I hope to deal with the conflicting interests in the next segment of the conference. I feel I haven't been clear on the current position of Europe and the powers' desires.

Of many cool :) Moar in-game maps please!

Status
Not open for further replies.