• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TotalyMoo

Manager of Things
94 Badges
Jun 5, 2012
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Sengoku
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
Greetings Chirpies!

Firstly, we would like to give you all our most heartfelt thanks for the support and feedback we have received since releasing Cities: Skylines roughly a month ago.

Great passion brings a lot of interesting questions, the main one being "how do we react to this?"

Today I am going to give you a bit of clarity of what to expect from our team the coming time. We appreciate your understanding and trust in us to deliver the best of experiences for our global community.

The next planned update for Cities: Skylines will be the most substantial to date, adding new features, gameplay tweaks, improvements and more fun stuff! Many of you know it as the "tunnels and wall-to-wall buildings update" that will eventually be added to the game for free.

As the update is a lot bigger than what we've previously released it's also going to be in development and QA for a longer time - meaning there's going to be at least a month before it's ready to be launched.

We take community feedback into consideration while we continue to work on this update. The team appreciates all the suggestions we have received so far so keep it coming!

Our two post-release patches have solved the vast majority of critical technical issues experienced by players. Most remaining issues either require a substantial amount of time to track and solve, are only appearing for a small number of users - or most commonly are caused by a person's mod usage.

Got a technical issue with the game? Please do not hesitate consulting our forums for workarounds or fixes - alternatively contacting our support department (a solution we recommend doing after you have checked the forums). Please see the instructions to reporting an issue to help us help you.
cleardot.gif

Meanwhile - please keep the feedback, suggestions, thoughts, mods, ideas and passion flowing.

And stay awesome.

Regards,
The Cities: Skylines Team

Reactions:
Sounds great! I can't wait for the update :) but take your time, there's no rush. Having plenty of fun with the game as is!

Edit: oh and, congrats on 1 million sales! Hopefully they keep on coming!

Reactions:
Exciting news :) My Dad asked me if that means that the Buildings next to his firedepartments are not burning down anymore and that fire-trucks are not waiting at red-light-trafficlights anymore :rolleyes: ;)

Reactions:
Guys, I far as I'm concerned, I continue to play Cyties Skyline more than GTA V (although I'm a huge fan).
And even then, I'm thinking about Cities while wandering around los santos streets.

Current objective : no mods, unlock all achievments.

Can't wait to have tunnels, but it would be great if we could use them on one of the brand new in-game native "complex landscape" maps ;)

Do you plan to incorporate some ideas found in community mods in order for vanilla players to enjoy some of these features without mods ?

Thanks again for your great job and congrats for your 1million+ sold copies ;)

I'm now a bit disappointed. I was expecting to learn which Feature are going to come.

One month is ok for me, if the remaining issues getting fixed (like missing Tunnels)

I'm now a bit disappointed. I was expecting to learn which Feature are going to come.

One month is ok for me, if the remaining issues getting fixed (like missing Tunnels)

I think that's the intent

"The next planned update for Cities: Skylines will be the most substantial to date, adding new features, gameplay tweaks, improvements and more fun stuff! Many of you know it as the "tunnels and wall-to-wall buildings update" that will eventually be added to the game for free."

if I read it right.

Firstly congrats on making a great game and selling one million copies.
So I like to play this game to build 1 massive realistic pretty city with everything under the sun included in it.
I'm also a perfectionist so the mods that allow me to set which level a building or district rises to are really helpful.
With this in mind I am concerned whether the wall to wall buildings update will be separate to the buildings we have now and that we wouldn't be able to play with both zoning/building types within one city. Similar to how we can only place certain trees within their respected climate map types(I haven't seen a mod to fix this yet though there might be) Id love to see this variety in building and climate in my city.
Also currently some of the mods available are game breaking and consequently wastes a lot of game time. I'd like to see some regulation in the steam workshop. A clear rating system and stricter rules regarding description of the mod and compatibility. Please also make it easier for people to include an in game picture of their uploaded assets so we can see when we are playing what it is.
Thanks for the update :)

Reactions:
Well I'm hoping for expanded features in the asset editor:

rails for heavy and metro
embedded pathways (so we can design our own layout of stations/harbours/airports
the ability to combines asset AI