• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow, is that a pre-EE HIP install?
Look at the borders ;) Or maybe i can just see it in my sleep because i've spend so much time looking at the map. It's definetely not pre-EE
No, its the current HIP mod. But the photoshop layer was made for the pre-EE HIP, so I couldn't edit the whole map :)

@Sylas: This map looks beautifully designed. Did you invent it yourself? If so: Kudos! If not: Where can one get it :)?

I got from here :) https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...your-aar-quality-map-from-an-f10-save.722734/

Decided to try the current version on observe at the highest speed to test my laptops capability.

Found myself actually liking the HIP map now when I never used to.

Anyway this is from the 867 AD start, no intervention on my part.

I turned off the Seljuks and other Turkish conquerors although the Mongols are still set for their historical arrival and the Black Death will kick off in 1100 AD.

ck2___hip_observe_by_heliosmegistos-db2k72u.png

Current game as K-Wagadu to E-Mali. Not a very hard starting point at all really, but hey, it was my first time in the area.

Lw45HI3.jpg

bfN76Nk.png

The start of the game was pretty simple. Conquer weak neighbors until strong enough to conquer bigger ones. Then vassalize any weak remaining lords. After that subjugate a duchy and fabricate claims on rest of a de jure kingdom. That part wasn't hard, the hard part for me was getting the piety to make the kingdom and emperor titles! I had to pay 200 piety for a 2nd kingdom and then an additional 400 to form the empire title. That took me several rulers and a long amount of time. This is mainly due to the lack of anything for my characters to do in that regard due to being a (west african) pagan. I only have hunts for the rare +25 piety, nothing else. Now I'm trying to reform the religion but getting to 750 piety on a single character seems impossible. Any suggestions?
Where did you get such an expanded African map from? Pretty sure that wasn't there last time I played.

You can play with regular SWMH and not MiniSWMH. It is also an older version of SWMH. The Badiyat ash Sham and Arabia looks substantially different now, plus all of the east has been added.

You can play with regular SWMH and not MiniSWMH. It is also an older version of SWMH. The Badiyat ash Sham and Arabia looks substantially different now, plus all of the east has been added.

It is infact old enough that 40-50 of the African provinces were cut after that version that the screenie is portraying
Not sure how I missed that. I know if presented the opportunity I wouldn't have picked the stripped down version of a feature.

Next time you install HIP, don't say yes to installing MiniSWMH then.

Be advised that full SWMH is taxing on both older computers and newer computers with less powerful processors, so you might see a slowdown quite quickly or if you are lucky, the slowdown might set in only after 100-200 years.

If you don't mind a slowdown, because you're already playing on slower speeds, i guess it won't be a problem for you

While hosting a small feast for my vassals i met a man more fascinating than anyone i have talked to before.

I am not sure what that says about my character.

Idiots can be very fascinating!

This is the first time the Mongols have been successful enough to produce a "Sack of Major City" event in any of my campaigns! They usually run out of steam before (or just as) they reach Mesopotamia, in my experience.
ck2_6_2.png

ck2_1.png
(This actually is the second time they've conquered Baghdad in this campaign, but they presumably didn't actually siege it in the first war.)

This is the first time the Mongols have been successful enough to produce a "Sack of Major City" event in any of my campaigns! They usually run out of steam before (or just as) they reach Mesopotamia, in my experience.
(This actually is the second time they've conquered Baghdad in this campaign, but they presumably didn't actually siege it in the first war.)
That's why I usually start at around 1240's. They are usually strong enough at the beginning (before the split) to be able to sack even Krakow, Vienna or Budapest.

Yet another pointless realm visualization project... (Incomplete. To play with the original interactive version--or check out the HTML code behind it--remove the attached file's .txt extension and open it in an Internet browser.)
1.png

Attachments

• yet another pointless realm visualization project.html.txt
    7,5 KB · Views: 7
The year is 1174, and Europe contains not one, not two, but three empires ruled by Orthodox Greeks!
One century later, a fourth empire has been founded in Europe.
ck2_1.png
1. The (Eastern) Roman Empire has existed since time immemorial. It currently contains 328 holdings and is ruled by Nikodemos Bringas (Orthodox, Greek).
2. The Empire of Italy was founded in 1000 by Bertran de Toulouse (Catholic, Occitan). It currently contains 142 holdings and is ruled by Thibault du Maine (Catholic, French).
3. The Empire of the Alps was founded in 1157 by Adeltrudis de Toulouse (Orthodox, Occitan). It currently contains 884 holdings and is ruled by Ioulianos Argyros (Orthodox, Greek).
4. The Empire of France was founded in 1287 by Onfroy de Montlhéry (Catholic, French). It currently contains 411 holdings and is ruled by its founder.

Unfortunately for Magna Graecia, only two Orthodox Greeks managed to cling to the Italian throne (1147–1186 and 1186–1190) before Catholic Occitans and French seized power once again.
Yet another pointless realm visualization project...
Also attached is another interactive realm visualization--very slightly less incomplete and disorganized, but still nothing more than a proof of concept.

Attachments

• test.html.txt
    12,7 KB · Views: 9
22 years into my first Cacao1 game and i'm well underway to bringing glory to the Caucasus as David the Builder. I'm working my way towards the Araxes and the Caspian Sea at the moment, i will switch my attention to Alania afterwards, and when i'm done north i will head to the Euphrates

XGgIS2m.jpg

I picked 1089 specifically so Alexios Komnenos would be willing to marry off Anna Komnene. In 1089 he has his male heir ;)

9ulyR6t.jpg

And the two positive genetic traits are already paying off big time :D

TM4QIRB.jpg

BLb11JN.jpg

NB4anFH.jpg

aqFlToF.jpg

Last edited:
Started in 1066 as Roman vassal in southeastern tip of Sicily. As my third character, I was able to form this beauty:
ck2_13.png
histor
ck2_14.png

Overall it is an interesting playthrough. I set the game to aggressive in terms of historical outcomes, yet what happened was completely ahistorical. Pechenegs failed, Seljuks won, but then it all ended. Due to fall of Apulia into my hands, there was no strong presence in area around Sicily to actually take over the island. Therefore, it is still controlled by muslims with exception of my holdings in northeast.

On top of that, due to various antipopes and I guess loss of Rome, despite the fact that crusades were announced, moral authority was 0% and no crusades ever occured. Same for Jihads, so I am actually starting to wonder if it is not some kind of strange bug. Saying that, Roman Empire never lost all of Anatolia and Seljuks never conquered Levant, so I guess in this setting, no crusades would be called, especially when Rome was conquered by Roman Empire, so why should pope help them?

Rum was able to hold for few years, but then Roman Empire conquered its western parts. But, just as it looked pretty bad for them, we went into many long civil wars, where emperors were changed multiple times and as you can see, parts of the Empire, including Cyprus and Thessalonica gained independence. Biggest independent realm is something which should not even have a name, because it is realm ruled by family of former Roman Emperor who is Russian, has lands east of Pecheneg territory, east of Novgorod (that purple thing in Russia, by the way), in north of Peloponnese, Cibyirhaeot or how the hell is it pronounced and in Antioch. Well, back to Rum. As they saw opportunity in Roman civil wars, they launched attack against Cilicia and managed to conquer it. Which, to be honest, is the first in my playthroughs, usually either Rum completely obliterates Rome before they can crawl out of rebellions or they get to remain strong enough to defeat Turks and weaken them so much they just get picked by surrounding powers. In this case, they lost, then won and then lost again, because emperors were able to once again reconquer parts of Anatolia. Which is another interesting thing, because in reality, they reconquered shores, but here, they lost shores, but conquered inland territory.

Few more interesting things: This is probably the first time I saw Galicia survive and by survive I really mean survive. For whatever reason no other kingdom was able to take over and they are halfway through integrating their territory into de jure Kingdom of Galicia. Whole Iberia is actually pretty interesting, with Christians not only unable to take more lands, but even losing Aragon. And in Britain, William never got to conquer anything, but Godwins lost the throne in election anyway.

I figured I would post this here as it is quite hilarious besides being a bug.

So, I was just conquering the Abbasids with my old Persian Zoroastrian god-general when suddenly the Aztec invasion event fires 898 A.D. Now I was positive I set the invasion to trigger historically. So I doubled checked my game rules.

index.php

Sure enough its set to "Default". So I then decide to look at the guy and I noticed something... odd about this emperor.

index.php

Not only is he not a native Aztec. He used to be the local Sunni, Mashriq Sheik of Akka. The title was passed to his eldest son when the event fired. I've got to say I thought I had planned for it all. Conquering the Muslims, then defending against the Seljuk Invasion. I guess this man had something to say about that.

It's fitting that he is possessed, has the voice of Satan and now controls a 100k stack of bloodthirsty Aztec warriors from across the sea. Well played game... Well played....

I don't know if this is the fault of the mod or just something with the lastest patch of CK2. I look forward to facing off against the Seljuks and the child sheik who stands to inherit his father's 100K demon warriors.

Edit: He is now launching his first invasion. Rest in pieces Karling France.

Edit 2: Karlings always get the last laugh. Good ole Louis II managed to slay our possessed Nahuatl Emperor in combat. He may have lost Aquitaine in the process, but it was a heavy price. Now the Aztecs are ruled by an Islamic 9 year old.

20170330081327_1.jpg

20170330081334_1.jpg
20170330081919_1.jpg

The province of Akka is where it all started. I blame the demon worshippers to be honest.

Attachments

• 20170330073458_1.jpg
    20170330073458_1.jpg
    625,6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20170330073005_1.jpg
    20170330073005_1.jpg
    653,5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20170330075616_1.jpg
    20170330075616_1.jpg
    704,4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
This is truly hilarious. An islamic stealth invasion under the guise of demon Aztecs. How clever!
And I see that he still posesses 67k troops. Pls keep us updated of his adventures in Europe :)