• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nestorius attempted to thank His Majesty once more for the congratulation, wanting to mention the gift he had received for not only the wedding, but for the birth of his son - a bottle of wine, the kind that his father enjoyed drinking, and a purple blanket with Maori patterns on it, respectively. But when he attempted to speak, Senator Favero entered the scene. He chose to address the returning diplomat instead.

"Hello there! I assume you're Raphael's boy?" the almost 63 year old senator asked.

Last edited:
Reactions:
"Welcome, Senator Favero," said Theodora, "The Ministry of Security has picked up information regarding the incident that killed the rebel scum Lombardi. Apparently he was in your former estate when the whole thing exploded, as if by a lot of manure being ignited simultaneously. There were no survivors, so there is no way that Lombardi escaped. However, the Pope has condemned the explosion as being carried out by 'heretical terrorists' and has called for a week of mourning for Lombardi. He has made clear his plans to build a cathedral over the ruins of your former estate dedicated to the memory of Lombardi. Oh, and Lombardi's son has crowned himself King of Italy, though his position has been made mostly symbolic with the Pope's assumption of most powers. The Ministry of Security is pouring as many resources as possible into assassinating the Pope or causing a power struggle between him and Lombardi's son."

((Private - earlier))

"Who are you working for?!" Theodora demanded. "TELL ME!"

"Never!" shouted the bureaucrat, staring defiantly at her. "Your Empire is no match for the glorious revolution of the proletariat!"

"Aha!" she said. "So you admit your collaboration with rebel scum?!"

"Proudly!" he said. "I will never answer to you!"

She took out some photographs of a woman and a little boy. "This is your wife and son, right? Well, since you've voided your citizenship, I thought it would be appropriate to suspend their citizenship and arrest them on charges of collaborating with and housing a known traitor to the Empire. Those are very serious charges. One word from me, and they will be executed without mercy."

Of course, she didn't actually do any of that, but she needed to bluff him.

"Ha!" cried the bureaucrat. "Do you really think I would believe that?! The charter of the secret police does not allow that to happen!"

"That only applies to citizens of the Empire."

Now the bureaucrat looked quite worried. "Okay, let's not be hasty..."

He was cracking. Theodora turned to one of her officers and said, "Take them to the execution room."

"Okay! Okay! I'll talk!" said the bureaucrat, bursting into tears. "Just spare my family!"

He rattled off a list of names, addresses, and information about rebels and spies within the Ministry of Security, the Senate, and many other institutions.

She turned back to face the bureaucrat. "Good. Second question: what did the rebels do to my brother, and who can undo it?"

Reactions:
A cathedral on my family's estate? Seems a waste to build such a thing so far from where anyone lives. Well, I suppose it's good to know the new Italian leader is wasting money on useless buildings no one will ever visit instead of the army. Now, would you happen to know if the Pope plans to visit the opening of this cathedral upon its completion?

- Senator Donatello Favero

Reactions:
"I do not think it wise to plot mischief upon the person of the Bishop of Rome, Donatello, and profaning a church with violence, even one of the Latin Rite, would be a terrible sin."

Reactions:
A cathedral on my family's estate? Seems a waste to build such a thing so far from where anyone lives. Well, I suppose it's good to know the new Italian leader is wasting money on useless buildings no one will ever visit instead of the army. Now, would you happen to know if the Pope plans to visit the opening of this cathedral upon its completion?

"From what my operatives can determine by analyzing his intercepted communications, he has no plans yet."
"I do not think it wise to plot mischief upon the person of the Bishop of Rome, Donatello, and profaning a church with violence, even one of the Latin Rite, would be a terrible sin."
"A quick reminder that the church hasn't been built yet, and while an assassination attempt on the (false) Bishop of Rome is being considered, it is not likely to be carried out. Instead, the Ministry is focusing on the plan to start a power struggle between the Lombardi family and the Papacy, which would not only destabilize but also degrade and destroy the rebel factions in Burgundy and Italy."

Reactions:
Alexios fidgets with his hands agitatedly. "The much-lauded security and confidentiality of the Romans is clear to behold, if political assassination is discussed openly in the Boule.

"Further, I must protest violent action against men of the cloth in the strongest possible terms, no matter if they are of the Latin Rite, for if we step down that path, who knows what terrors it will unleash in days to come!"

Reactions:

I am not sure what mischief or violence you're referring to, but I'd just like to know if I'll have to send in some Orthodox priests to bless my lands once they are reclaimed so as to ward off the foul heretical stench of papists. I hear it curdles the wine and makes the grapes go sour.

Reactions:
"Well, until that happens, you and your family are still welcome to stay as long as you like in Thessaloniki or my home in the City."

Reactions:
105. The Time of Troubles 1911-1912 - Senate Responses
Alexios looks displeased. "The end of war in Iberia is excellent, but the news from Anatolia is looking grim. Are the legions completely without back-up?"

February 1912
The former Favero estate outside Venice

Donatello Favero had had enough. He had watched as everything his family had ever built had been taken away by some pompous buffoon, only to receive word in the following months that his father had died in the attack on Constantinople. The latter had left him numb, and he had refused to return to the capital to serve as senator as his father's successor, at least not yet. He could not leave Italy, not with unfinished business. Continuing to serve as diplomat and making minor agreements to maintain an deteriorating peace had provided the perfect cover to prepare his revenge, and the time was finally right.

Giuseppe Lombardi, the egotistical false monarch that he was, decided that one coronation was not quite enough. After being crowned king of Italy in Rome, he decided that he would then be crowned again in every single major city in Italy. He had just recently been crowned in Venice and was spending the weekend relaxing in the former Favero estate. Donatello had expected no less for the man. With his knowledge of the layout of the entire estate, he was able to sneak in without anyone noticing and prepare his devious trap. It had also allowed him to see the modifications made to his home. It was unrecognizable. The entire building had been redone in gaudy colours. Semi-nude statues of the king, as well as portraits of himself, could be found in almost every room. The worst insult was the fact that the so-called king had tore down the Favero mausoleum, digging up all his ancestors, to build a shrine to himself. Donatello was practically frothing at the mouth as he made the final preparations.

The king arrived with much fanfare, so much that Donatello could hear it from his hiding spot within the secret tunnels beneath the estate. Knowing Lombardi as he did, he expected the king would spend some time soaking in the attention and then retire to the most luxurious room in the mansion to indulge in wine and women. That would be his downfall. When the fanfare died down, Donatello could almost hear the footsteps of the king he was so sure of his movements. When the timing seemed right, he lit the match and ignited the end of the gunpowder trail laid out on the floor. He watched it start burning away for a moment before hurrying away down the tunnel. He didn't want to be anywhere nearby when it went off. Soon revenge would be his.

"Another glass of wine, Your Majesty?"

"Of course," King Giuseppe Lombardi said, propping up his glass. The moment it was full, he chugged the whole thing with a satisfied grin. "This truly is the life."

As he waited for another refill of his wine glass, a young woman, barely 18, walked in dressed in nothing but a robe. She teased him by loosening the strap to reveal more of her shapely body, enough to entice without giving away too much.

"Why you're a pretty thing," Giuseppe Lombardi said. "I'll have to pay the servants extra for finding you."

With a seductive smile on her face, the woman slid down next to him and moved to whisper in the king's ear. It was then he heard a strange fizzling sound, as though something was burning. He pushed the woman away, sniffing at the air. The scent was faint, but there was the barest hint of smoke on the air. He turned to his servant to ask what that was, but not a word left his mouth.

A loud boom reverberated through the air and a giant pillar of flame burst from the floor. The king, the young woman, and the servant were all incinerated in an instant. Flaming pieces of wood and stone flew through the air and the entire wing of the mansion that had exploded collapsed in on itself. People outside shrieked as some debris struck innocent bystanders, only to watch as the flames spread to the rest of the house and then catch the wind to spread to the vineyard. Within an hour, the entire estate was in flames. Donatello Favero watched from a hill a few kilometres away, witnessing the destruction of his family's estate. It was a painful sight, although he knew it was necessary to wipe it clean so as to rebuilt it anew. At least he had the satisfaction of knowing that the imposter king had died in the blaze. With that on his mind and his business at last complete, Donatello took the first boat to Constantinople, ready to take up his mantle as senator.

August to November 1911

Nestorius began noticing a lack of Hairini's presence at the estate, and began snooping around to see what was going on. According to Kurien, she got herself an apartment somewhere in town, but he refused to say why. When asked, he said that Hairini told him to stay silent. Nestorius grew worried. She had become so distant that she basically moved out without a word. He had to know why, but when he tried to find the address himself, his searching turned out negative. Not wanting to be filled with worry, he concentrated on bringing all the remaining family belongings to the estate within a specially made room designed to withstand strong forces, as to avoid another situation like the one when the communists invaded.

At the November session, he mostly kept to himself, but he did keep notes on a few certain things. He wasn't sure if Taior's group was connected to the progress made on investigating social alienation, but he liked to think it was. He also noted down to keep track of realism - sounded like something he'd enjoy, at least some what. He was worried over the Russian invasion through Armenia, as well as the Javan occupation in the far east.

---

Early December 1911

Nestorius was in his office, when he heard a knock on the door. It was Franco Lazaratos.

"May I come in?" the Neapolitan asked.

"Sure, sure, come in," the Senator said in a tired manner.

"So, what is it you need? Is it news regarding those Illyrian knuckleheads, Taior's group or is it about your job here?"

"No, sir. I came here about Hairini," Franco said, as Nestorius leaned in.

"Yes, what is it?!" he haphazardly said, not expecting to hear that.

"I know I shouldn't be telling you this, as I promised her I wouldn't, but it has gotten to the point where you have to know. But first, I have to ask; what have you noticed about Hairini the last time you've seen her?"

"Hm... last time I saw her, she was around here, eating something that someone had bought for her. But that was a while ago."

"Yes, but did you notice something different about her..... physically?"

"Physically? Why, she had become much fuller! I assume it is because of the increase in food she's had in the last few months after the attack."

Franco just looked at him, disappointingly. The two stare at one another for half a minute before Nestorius thought of something.

"....it isn't because of the food, is it?" he asked, to which Franco replied with a head shake. Nestorius' eyes widened, as he considered another possibility.

"You aren't suggesting......" he was about to ask, when Franco placed his hands in front of his mouth with a sad look on his face. That's when he realized what was going on. He placed his hand on his mouth in response.

".....why? Why did she hide this from me?"

"If Lykidis and Antecheirinidis heared, she assumed they would take action in some way or another. They are still a bit old school in their ways, even if the former worked with Onobanjo."

"But still, she could've told me in secret-" he was saying when Franco placed a note on the table.

"It's her address. Go find her. Tell no one of this," he said, as he got up and left the room.

Nestorius just watched the Neapolitan leave. He leaned back in his chair when a shocked expression on his face. He pushed aside the papers on the table and placed the note dead center. He held his head with his hands, with the only words coming out of his mouth being "Iisoús Christós". Soon, he got up, got his coat, hat and cane, grabbed the note and rushed to the address.

---

Soon, Nestorius arrived at the apartment. The new housing style fit the modern nature of the city, but the place was one of the cheapest. He knocked on the door. He listened as footsteps approached. The door was unlocked.

"Hello-" Hairini asked, as she saw him midway opening the door. She rushed to close it, but he shoved his cane in just in time.

"Cyrene, please, let me in!"

"No! You don't understand what you're doing!"

"Quite the contrary, I'd say you don't understand what you're doing!"

"And how are you so sure about it?"

"Because what you're hiding from me could start a....... scandal," he said the last word very quietly to avoid others hearing it. Once she heard the word, she realized he knew what was going on.

".....so you do know," she said, as he opened the door in full. By this point, her condition was quite obvious, down to the clothing!

"Come in," she commanded, as he followed her inside. The place was nice enough, he admitted. She sat down and motioned him to sit next to her, which he obliged.

"It took you this long to figure out, huh?"

"Well, I didn't really get a good chance to look at you, considering you've distanced yourself from me. But after hard thought, I realized it and searched night and day for you," he lied, covering Franco's trails.

"But tell me - why did you keep it a secret from me?"

"I didn't want those two idiots getting involved."

"Even after they left months ago?"

"Well, after they left, I attempted to try something but..... I got the better of myself."

"And you didn't even realize that a scandal could arise from a senator going on a premarital ride?" when he said this, she realized that she had been even more foolish than before.

"What do we do then?" she asked.

"Well, there is one solution..." he said, as he looked into her eyes. She realized what that solution was.

"You aren't thinking about marriage, are you?"

"This is an awkward situation to suggest it, but....." he stopped himself, to get himself on his knees.

"For the time we've been together, you've helped me so much. When you began distancing yourself from me, I was hurt. Even now, despite my age, I cannot stop the feeling I have for you. You're the only one I want to share the rest of my life with. Hairini Waata, will you marry me?"

Hairini placed her hands to her mouth. She couldn't believe this was happening, especially in this scenario.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!"

Nestorius got himself off the ground and kissed Hairini. After the kiss, he helped her up.

"Considering we did it in March, we should get this done as soon as possible!" he said, with her nodding in agreeance. The two got themselves ready and rushed out.

---

December 1911

In the weeks following, Nestorius Thaddas and Hairini Waata wedded with one another. The entire Aeteorean governorship crew, along with a few personal and family friends of Nestorius' were in attendance at the wedding. With their marriage, she became Kyrene Udata Thaddas.

Some time after their marriage, Kyrene gave birth - a boy, christened Timon. The doctor assigned was surprised by her age, as a woman of her age shouldn't be able to even have children. He figured her menopause was late. In the end, things worked out decently.

---

January 1912

Nestorius and Kyrene mostly spent their time at the estate, caring for their new son. Everyone at the Aeteorean governorship was considered an uncle/aunt, which they took incredibly seriously. The two were even closer than ever now. When the news that a new session was being planned in February arrived, it was decided that, for now, Kyrene would continue to stay at the estate to care for the newborn. But, at some point, she'll rejoin him at the senate.

---

18 February 1912

Nestorius was quite chipper at first. He enjoyed hearing about the success of realist literature, and scientific management sounded great. The fact that Iberia was once more fully Roman also made him glad, but that feeling went away after he heard the military news in Anatolia, Armenia and the Far East. He abstained from commenting on it. But when it was revealed they were all invited to the grand unveiling of the Impressionist collection, he spoke up;

"What an honor it is to be invited to such an unveiling! I'll see if my wife will be able to join us."

Senator Angelos, that is an excellent question. To the south of that theater, XXXVII. Legio is moving from Alexandria to Acre in order to begin forming a defensive line. I. Legio and XIX. Legio are continuing to occupy Hedjaz. We believe it will soon surrender, and then they can assist XXXVII. Legio. To the west of that theater, IX. Legio is in Gallipoli to reorganize. There are several regiments being recruited to reinforce them. XVI. Legio is fighting a Russian force in Kastamonu, and will withdraw to Thrace after the battle in order to recover. Perhaps this fall those two legions can strike back at the Russian forces. Finally, II. Legio is well behind enemy lines, fighting a combined Russian and German force it the mountains of Bitlis. They may need to make a skilled retreat soon in order to avoid disaster.

Senator Thaddas, We do hope she will be able to attend. Again, many congratulations on your marriage.

A messenger arrives and hands a telegram to the Emperor. He quickly reads it.

It appears that the Pope has taken advantage of the death of 'King' Lombardi. He has proclaimed a union of Burgundy and Italy. For now, they remain separate nations, but he has moved the Italian capital to Rome, and he rules both.

"I humbly accept my invitation to the grand unveiling," said Theodora, "It is only right. And I am quite concerned about the Anatolian front. We must protect the Queen of Cities from a second attack!"

((Private -sometime earlier))

"Talk!" Theodora demanded, slamming her fists on the table. "You will talk, rebel scum!"

The Ministry of Security bureaucrat chained to the other side of the table simply laughed. "Never!" he screamed.

"I never arrest people without a reason," she said, calmly, "Now talk! I know what you did, sabotaging the Ministry's records and covering up all reports of an impending attack on the capital! Even if you did not know what you were doing, you are still responsible for the deaths of millions of innocents!"

"You're not getting anything out of me, reactionary scum," said the bureaucrat, "None of you will make me talk!"

"I have ways of making people talk," said Theodora, drawing a dagger, "As a traitor to the Empire, you have waived all of your rights, privileges, and protections granted by your now revoked citizenship..."

Senator Donatello Favero entered before the Senate, doing his best to hold back a grin. When he saw that the emperor was present, he bowed to his sovereign.

I must apologize for my absence these past several months. I felt I could better serve as a diplomat for Your Majesty than as a senator at the time. However, when recent events in Italy became quite explosive, I felt it was finally time to leave to take up my duties as senator. I hope that the sudden death of Lombardi will rekindle the Empire's desire for the reconquest of Italy. My desire to reclaim my family estate, or what's left of it, still blazes strong within me. I will rain fire down upon the rebels of Italy if Your Majesty commands it, and I can assure you that they will regret sparking my fiery temper. The resulting conflagration will surely cleanse the region of traitors. They shall be faced with fire and brimstone, and from the ashes will rise a better Italy under imperial rule.

Donatello did his best to keep a straight face the whole time. All he could think of were the final moments of Giuseppe Lombardi as he was consumed by the flames. The image was a most satisfying one.

Nestorius attempted to thank His Majesty once more for the congratulation, wanting to mention the gift he had received for not only the wedding, but for the birth of his son - a bottle of wine, the kind that his father enjoyed drinking, and a purple blanket with Maori patterns on it, respectively. But when he attempted to speak, Senator Favero entered the scene. He chose to address the returning diplomat instead.

"Hello there! I assume you're Raphael's boy?" the almost 63 year old senator asked.

"Welcome, Senator Favero," said Theodora, "The Ministry of Security has picked up information regarding the incident that killed the rebel scum Lombardi. Apparently he was in your former estate when the whole thing exploded, as if by a lot of manure being ignited simultaneously. There were no survivors, so there is no way that Lombardi escaped. However, the Pope has condemned the explosion as being carried out by 'heretical terrorists' and has called for a week of mourning for Lombardi. He has made clear his plans to build a cathedral over the ruins of your former estate dedicated to the memory of Lombardi. Oh, and Lombardi's son has crowned himself King of Italy, though his position has been made mostly symbolic with the Pope's assumption of most powers. The Ministry of Security is pouring as many resources as possible into assassinating the Pope or causing a power struggle between him and Lombardi's son."

((Private - earlier))

"Who are you working for?!" Theodora demanded. "TELL ME!"

"Never!" shouted the bureaucrat, staring defiantly at her. "Your Empire is no match for the glorious revolution of the proletariat!"

"Aha!" she said. "So you admit your collaboration with rebel scum?!"

"Proudly!" he said. "I will never answer to you!"

She took out some photographs of a woman and a little boy. "This is your wife and son, right? Well, since you've voided your citizenship, I thought it would be appropriate to suspend their citizenship and arrest them on charges of collaborating with and housing a known traitor to the Empire. Those are very serious charges. One word from me, and they will be executed without mercy."

Of course, she didn't actually do any of that, but she needed to bluff him.

"Ha!" cried the bureaucrat. "Do you really think I would believe that?! The charter of the secret police does not allow that to happen!"

"That only applies to citizens of the Empire."

Now the bureaucrat looked quite worried. "Okay, let's not be hasty..."

He was cracking. Theodora turned to one of her officers and said, "Take them to the execution room."

"Okay! Okay! I'll talk!" said the bureaucrat, bursting into tears. "Just spare my family!"

He rattled off a list of names, addresses, and information about rebels and spies within the Ministry of Security, the Senate, and many other institutions.

She turned back to face the bureaucrat. "Good. Second question: what did the rebels do to my brother, and who can undo it?"

"From what my operatives can determine by analyzing his intercepted communications, he has no plans yet."

"A quick reminder that the church hasn't been built yet, and while an assassination attempt on the (false) Bishop of Rome is being considered, it is not likely to be carried out. Instead, the Ministry is focusing on the plan to start a power struggle between the Lombardi family and the Papacy, which would not only destabilize but also degrade and destroy the rebel factions in Burgundy and Italy."

Alexios fidgets with his hands agitatedly. "The much-lauded security and confidentiality of the Romans is clear to behold, if political assassination is discussed openly in the Boule.

"Further, I must protest violent action against men of the cloth in the strongest possible terms, no matter if they are of the Latin Rite, for if we step down that path, who knows what terrors it will unleash in days to come!"

I am not sure what mischief or violence you're referring to, but I'd just like to know if I'll have to send in some Orthodox priests to bless my lands once they are reclaimed so as to ward off the foul heretical stench of papists. I hear it curdles the wine and makes the grapes go sour.

"Well, until that happens, you and your family are still welcome to stay as long as you like in Thessaloniki or my home in the City."

Last edited:
105. The Time of Troubles 1911-1912 - February-May 1912
18 May 1912

Senators,

As most of you witnessed, the unveiling of the Impressionist collection went extremely well. Impressionist music in particular is popular at the new concert halls in Constantinople. We are, as you might expect, now gathering the best Expressionist works of the Empire.
105-56.png

105-57.png

On 7 March, Hedjaz capitulated to Us. Not only does this shorten the border we need defend, but they agreed to hand over Taibei.
105-58.png

This freed I. Legio, XIX. Legio, and XXXVII. Legio to form a line to stop Russia from striking further south.
105-59.png

Meanwhile, XVI. Legio defeated a Russian force and then withdrew to Thracia.
105-60.png

II. Legio continued fighting in Armenia until May. They could have kept fighting, but the loss of their general and the occupation of the region around them meant retreat was a wiser move.
105-61.png

With the war turning in Our favor, We sent Poland-Lithuania the price for peace: the freedom of the Cambodian people.

To summarize the war situation:

The legions in Iberia are continuing to reinforce themselves. XVII. Legio is at full strength, but We needed to build more transports to bring them back into the war. One of those transports was just attacked off the coast of Oviedo, and the Western Mediterranean fleet is assisting them. We will likely have this legion attack Flanders-Wallonia.
105-62.png

Southern Germany is slowly being occupied. Western Germany has fallen completely to Our control, and the legions are seeking to occupy northern and central Germany. Meanwhile, the UTA has landed a force in Rotterdam.
105-63.png

Flanders-Wallonia has lost to Burgundy, which took Wallonie proper from them. There are few Walloons in Flanders-Wallonia itself, most are in France and Burgundy. Flander-Wallonia has sent small forces to pester the legions in Germany, but not with any success. As We mentioned before, We plan to send XVII. Legio to bring them back into the Imperial fold.

The Polish corridors are being expanded.
105-64.png

Little has happened in South Africa, because Russia landed a force to retake German South Angola. XXXIII. Legio fought them and lost badly.
105-65.png

Batavia has been occupied, and the legions are occupying Bogor. A small force is attempting to reoccupy Batavia, while the main Javanese force continues to take control of Sunda. Nevertheless, the loss of Batavia means that Java is nearly ready to capitulate. If they do, then recruitment from Java, Taibei, and New Guinea might give XI. Legio and XXXXII. Legio enough strength to do major work in Oceania.
105-66.png

India is distracting the majority of Japanese and Ming forces, fortunately. But they may become very worrisome before long.
105-67.png

Armenia and Anatolia are lost for now, but IX. Legio has received new recruits. Given some time for it and XVI. Legio to recover, they may be able to strike back at complacent Russian forces.
105-68.png

Last edited:
Reactions:
Meanwhile, in Aeteorea...

The Waata family managed to survive the period of May to September, 1911, if only barely. Anaru and Hinewai did their best to make sure their mother, Anahera, survived through the rough winter. In mid-September, the guards appeared to unchain them and return them to their original holdings. With August having passed, they had survived their first full year at Tipene's camp.

By the New Year, things were starting to get worrying. Rumors were spreading that the nearby camps were doing horrifying things, though no one knew what things they were exactly doing. Everyone feared for the worst - servitus, stuprum, and what have you. At least the weather was nice, for now.

Arriving at May of 1912, people have started noticing a decrease in people, at least at Tipene's camp. Everyone was getting nervous, especially as the rumors began having rather colorful descriptions. Anaru, weakened but not broken, stayed awake at night, making sure no one took his sister or mother.

---

23 February 1912

At the unveiling of the Impressionist collection, Nestorius Thaddas and Kyrene Thaddas were both in attendance. The two had managed to come to an agreeance and had the Aeteorean governorship watch over lil' Timon. Nestorius was seen wearing an old school looking attire, originally worn by his father, while Kyrene had what seemed to be a devantiere, bought second-hand within town, lacking a hat and in a similar color to Nestorius' attire. With their clothes, they wanted to display how an average Constantinopolian would be clothed for such an event after the Communist attack - either borrowing from one's family, buying second-hand or just wearing what seems most fancy.

Returning from the collection, the two began thinking about the potential of introducing these new movements to Aeteorea, encouraging syncretization with local styles.

---

18 May 1912

Nestorius, understandably, appeared alone once more at the session. The news of the unveiling's reception made him very happy, and he couldn't wait to start hearing more Impressionist music on the radio, nor could he wait to see more about Expressionism. He decided to comment on the military news;

"It really is grand to hear that we've managed to take out one front, though I'm worried over Taibei, as it is close to the Ming Empire. The Russian push into Anatolia is still worrying, but I have faith that we'll be able to push them back. It is great that we're managing to fight back the Germans, hopefully we'll soon see them out of the war. Hearing that we're finally pushing against the Javanese not only warms my heart, it would warm my wife's heart too. We need to save our fellow Romans in Oceania from the oppressive governments down under!"

Reactions:
(( I haven't kept up on my character page, it seems. The latest one I have is Talbot Palaiologos, but I seem to recall him dying. I'll have to dig back through tomorrow and see if I can find the relevant post. ))

(( I know he was announced on this post, but don't know where he died. Searching for your own forum nick on each page is probably the best way to rapidly search through for the right post. ))

((He died in this post, and all subsequent in-character posts were either related to Henry Palaiologos in Britannia, and the dynastic civil war between the Valois-Palaiologoi and Habsburg-Palaiologoi cadet branches. Durakis V of the latter branch won out and took Nicaea under his control, but he was later overthrown and murdered after he declared that he possessed no allegiance to the Basileus. Kythos of the former branch, as a result, replaced him as duke of Nicaea.

So, your current character is Kythos Habsburg-Palaiologos.

Something should be done to update the character list, though.))

Reactions:
((He died in this post, and all subsequent in-character posts were either related to Henry Palaiologos in Britannia, and the dynastic civil war between the Valois-Palaiologoi and Habsburg-Palaiologoi cadet branches. Durakis V of the latter branch won out and took Nicaea under his control, but he was later overthrown and murdered after he declared that he possessed no allegiance to the Basileus. Kythos of the former branch, as a result, replaced him as duke of Nicaea.

So, your current character is Kythos Habsburg-Palaiologos.

Something should be done to update the character list, though.))

(( Thanks! I've gone through and updated the list. Everyone who hasn't participated since the civil war has had their character moved to the inactive character list. If they show back up, I'll move them back up provided they aren't too old.

I wasn't exactly sure what to do with @BBBD316's characters in the list. If I understood right, Alan was serving as a Senator but reporting to Brittany. He was also handling some internal updates from Brittany. As I haven't seen an update since the completion of the sack of Constantinople story arc, I've created a "Missing in Action" section and placed Alan Gael there. Incidentally, @BBBD316, if you'd like to create a new Senator and also post updates from Brittany, you are welcome to do so. I hope that an attempt to only have one active character hasn't been holding you back from participation. If you want to keep Alan Gael, could you also go back to the post introducing him and add a birth year? He was introduced in 1906.

Likewise, @austrianemporer, could you add a birth year for Kythos?

Also, @Nuada Airgetlám, would you like to create a character? You are more than welcome to do so! ))

Last edited:
((Considering Nestorius' surname change in mid-1910, wouldn't it be more accurate to have him be labeled Nestorius Septiadis/Thaddas in the character list?))

(( Yes, thank you. I've updated the list. ))

(( @Idhrendur Alan Gael is currently serving as a military attache and diplomat with the Brittany People's Army. He is serving the daughter of the previous senator Gray's Layla. As Brittany has been fairly quietly lately not too much to report. Still here though.))

Reactions: