• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Finally finished, the last few months felt just.. sloggish. It was really hard to find planets worth dropping on, all the easy 4+ worlds I'd done all the contracts and they just do not regenerate fast enough, and the few worlds that did have a few contracts were ones that would have broken reputations. So a lot of the last two months was just doing hop-throughs for visitation points and I didn't end up getting enough contracts in to see if that score could go over.

But also, interesting news; There is yet another category that can exceed cap. I finished with 1006 MRB rating, and my score for it was 45,270/45,000.

skhFFCo.jpg

So, a bit like @CSX I need some advice in the last two months.

I believe I have completed the final Flashpoint which does not require an alliance. By looking at the list and trying to remember what I have completed then I think this is the case.

I can ally with Davion and Marik now. I'm loathed by the Pirates and Liao and nearly loathed by the Concordant. I have a very high reputation with Steiner as my character is from Steiner space and I role played being on good terms with them. I have the Combine in the low 70's as well.

The gut feeling I have is that I should ally with Marik, this will make no difference to my score with Liao and the Pirates but will immediately tank my reputation with Steiner and tank my score. Although I'm not sure about that. I think you get as many points for negative as positive relations and of course I will get the bonus 10k for making Steiner hate me.

Once allied I have about 250 days left, and I can do the Marik alliance Flashpoint then go and max my reputation with the Arano Restoration (+) and the Concordant (-), and then I think I'm done. See all my gear except chassis and hope I can get to 480k. I'm at about 390k now.

Is this the best set of choices gentlemen?

Congrats, @CSX! Yeah, the last few months saw me doing 0.5-2 skull missions as I made my way towards The Steel Beast and the end of the career run. Easy, non rep-damaging contracts and a few more planets visited, but not ideal.

The gut feeling I have is that I should ally with Marik, this will make no difference to my score with Liao and the Pirates but will immediately tank my reputation with Steiner and tank my score. Although I'm not sure about that. I think you get as many points for negative as positive relations and of course I will get the bonus 10k for making Steiner hate me.

Yeah, I can't remember - by "tank" does that mean 0 or -100? Makes Liao an easy choice then lol.

I believe I have completed the final Flashpoint which does not require an alliance. By looking at the list and trying to remember what I have completed then I think this is the case.

I can ally with Davion and Marik now. I'm loathed by the Pirates and Liao and nearly loathed by the Concordant. I have a very high reputation with Steiner as my character is from Steiner space and I role played being on good terms with them. I have the Combine in the low 70's as well.

Once allied I have about 250 days left, and I can do the Marik alliance Flashpoint then go and max my reputation with the Arano Restoration (+) and the Concordant (-), and then I think I'm done. See all my gear except chassis and hope I can get to 480k. I'm at about 390k now.

Is this the best set of choices gentlemen?

As of if you do an Alliance be sure that your rep is not positive with the future enemy. Marik and Steiner hate each other so i would advice against it, as you have positive standig with Steiner. become enemys set it to 0 if it is above 0 and does nothing if your standing with the future enemy is below 0.

Arano seems to be not listet in the scoring but makes nice contracts and only directorate, pirates and local gov enemys? so you dont loose standing whatever you do, but you also gain no score (standing) for whatever you do :D

ive davion and canopus allied and marik + steiner + arano maxed because everyone else is an enemy now (nearly - 100).

i am not sure but in the last days, as the 5skull worlds are a bit apart and litered with enemy contracts, its best to do arano missions since you get almost full contracts (4 or 5) at each world to gain max xp/mrb rating and money. but not sure about traveleing time from or to planets..

Congrats to @CSX for the score.

I think scores will mainly come down to one main factor and that is how many parts you select for a complete mech. I'm on 5 pieces and it is fantastic for game play and the overall experience but not good for your final score.

@D-Day and @Freakonair . Thanks for the information.

A specifically good point was made about Alliances and Reputation. When you ally with someone does that mean your reputation with enemies goes to zero from any positive score or to -100?

I think scores will mainly come down to one main factor and that is how many parts you select for a complete mech. I'm on 5 pieces and it is fantastic for game play and the overall experience but not good for your final score.

100%. Playing on 3 parts there was still one mech I didn't complete that fortunately wasn't counted in the mechs needed for completion bonuses, some mechs I only saw one or two times. If I'd been on 8 parts I think there would have been a fair number I didn't get to finish at all, and probably cut my c-bills score by a third or more.

It sucks that you're effectively penalized by playing on harder difficulties, rather than rewarded.

100%. Playing on 3 parts there was still one mech I didn't complete that fortunately wasn't counted in the mechs needed for completion bonuses, some mechs I only saw one or two times. If I'd been on 8 parts I think there would have been a fair number I didn't get to finish at all, and probably cut my c-bills score by a third or more.

It sucks that you're effectively penalized by playing on harder difficulties, rather than rewarded.

With a 3 part career I would certainly get Elite status and possibly Legendary. All other settings are managable with a reasonable level of proficiency in the game. I have not experienced any substantial issues with empty mechs, or CT core death and mech loss. Leathality has costs me 6 elite pilots in my first run through. All head shots with the exception of one rear CT core. That has cost me a lot of points.

What I have done to compensate is skill up 2 and a half teams (so 10 pilots) into A-team and B-team plus 2 more generalists. This is enough pilots for me to complete all contracts on a particular planet even with a lot of bad luck on head hits. I have filled out the rest of my barracks with recruits and have let the simulation pods rack up experience points on them without applying the experience to the pilots and therefore not incur an increase in salary costs.

I'm still a bit annoyed that I'm essentially stuck with alliance possibilities which would give me a final Alliance Flashpoint, however if I do that I will drop my score!!

Anyone else faced this situation due to choices made throughout the their career mode run through?

Last edited:
For optimal scoring, @AussieGiant , never become an Ally. It offers nothing positive at all towards scoring and severely hampers your options with regards to the Reputation scores since it limits you to a maximum of 0 reputation with the enemies of your ally.

If you have a couple of months lefts, I would hunt 5-skull missions for the remainder of the time.

Excellent thanks @mjbroekman

That's just what I was looking for. I will pass on Alliance Flashpoints.

Instead I will hit some hard missions and try and min/max my reputation with as many point scoring factions as possible.

Once career scoring is done, then you can go all-in and ally yourself for those flashpoints. :)

I wish they put in some scoring bonus for number of flashpoints completed and/or number of allies you have at the end. That would, IMHO, provide:
  • Incentive to get / play the content (though it would penalize players that don't have Flashpoint)
  • Incentive to become allied with factions

Too true @mjbroekman

I do get the feeling based on all the feedback that HBS and the team will go back and have a serious re-work of the reputation system. Much like the pilot skills.

Some things just don't make sense and have probably turned out to have had an entirely different outcome, if not opposite effect than HBS has intended.

Negative Faction Reputation. There are 40k Career Mode Scoring possible from Negative Faction Reputation. Sometimes the choice of Alliance will help you get a head start on Negative Faction Reputation by eliminating all that useless Positive Reputation in any of the four Factions you might be targeting for Negative Faction Reputation.

But of course, the longer you wait to choose an Alliance and earn those Enemies (and see Reputation with them reduced to Zero) the fewer days you’ll have to drive that Reputation from Zero down to -100.

My first Career Mode Attempt, I tried too hard to gain reputation with ALL Great House and Periphery Power Factions, only to see my Negative Faction Reputation sticks at 10k (Pirates.) once I finally chose to ally with House Kurita, I had to blitz hard to reach what Negative Reputation I could before the 1200th day.

Any which way, @AussieGiant, good luck with your remaining time and opportunity for Big Stompy Contract Fulfillment! :bow:

May the Salvage be plentiful, the surprises few and Darius’ Intel Work, more right than not! : )

Finally finished, the last few months felt just.. sloggish. It was really hard to find planets worth dropping on, all the easy 4+ worlds I'd done all the contracts and they just do not regenerate fast enough, and the few worlds that did have a few contracts were ones that would have broken reputations. So a lot of the last two months was just doing hop-throughs for visitation points and I didn't end up getting enough contracts in to see if that score could go over.

But also, interesting news; There is yet another category that can exceed cap. I finished with 1006 MRB rating, and my score for it was 45,270/45,000.

yes its a broken score table and people is very happy when dev not can patch the game

i am 80+ days away from retirement. currently cruising through the periphery trying to remember what planets i've already visited.
it seems like a waste but i want to get some of the points for traveling. ive wasted so much precious time fixing reputations that this doesnt seems too stupid :D
----------------------------------------------------
Its Done! 1200 days of pure mech stomping! :D

Ended with some time left in Davion Headquarters, gave the Pilots 20 days off.
Sold every non essential item in store.. wich netted me around 80 mill. (damn you traders to give me only 1.1mill for a king crab! :( )
got visited by a friend who gifted me 2 doubleheatsinks, 4 days before the career was over :D and one of my warriors gone rogue.. 30 days till he is available again .. nvm :/

Nice ending to a very intresting ride through the periphery!

some side facts:
- sold over 220 medium lasers
- sold 200 heatsinks, should have opened a refrigerator shop instead :D
- destroyed around 1000 mechs and 220+ tanks

facts to make a better score next time:
- dont waste time, integrate travelpoints with progression (lost around 200 days...)
- fire darius because of contract availability and payout (see results for 800 mill barrier)
- do not ally! befriend everyone (i lost 19k points because of draconis only at -10 rep)

Difficulty settings : Ironman, mission difficulty hard, 3-pieces-not-eight, standard setting

Attachments

• 20190103013736_1.jpg
    20190103013736_1.jpg
    245,6 KB · Views: 82
  • 20190103013825_1.jpg
    20190103013825_1.jpg
    260,8 KB · Views: 75
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    273,2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Important Note about Reputation - Arano Reputation
It appears that Arano Reputation doesn't count. Period. Full stop. Do not pass go. Do not collect anything.

I hit +100 reputation with: Steiner, Marik, Davion, and Arano. Additionally, I am at +35 reputation with the LPO.

My positive reputation score is **drumroll please** 33,500. Or, the equivalent of Steiner + Marik + Davion + LPO.

Also important to note that I missed @Freakonair 's comment that stated exactly this up above.

Last edited: