• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lord Raffles

HOI1 Devotee
1 Badges
Mar 6, 2003
Visit site
  • Darkest Hour
I have the first edition of HOI (when it first was released) - what patch should I update to to use CORE?

Also, how does one install it?

Thansk!

LR

I have the first edition of HOI (when it first was released) - what patch should I update to to use CORE?
Hello LR

You must patch your disc version to 1.06c the last official paradox patch
Also, how does one install it?

Thansk!

LR
Hello LR,welcome back!

This is my suggested install
Hoi1 (Disc)
+
1.06c patch (Official Paradox)
+
Fixitpack (Post 1.06c Fixes .Very important also affects/fixes CORE)
+
ASP (Removes Air stack penalty)Optional but recommended
+
NTL (If you want to play past 1948 )Optional but recommended
+
CORE v0.90
+
CORE v0.91
+
All the New updates at Stony Road
Most downloads/patchs/mods are available from here....
http://www.bopworld.org/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=22

The ASP patch is available from the Forum members main downloads section at Stony Road Site
http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/index.php?referrerid=10005
(so you will have to join to get it from there.But it may be available elsewhere)?

doc.gif

Last edited:
A patch that removes Air stack penalty for 1.06c?!?!?!

Never in my wildest HOI dreams would I have imagined such a thing would one day happen - I assumed everyone got bored with HOI and jumped to HOI2 (I have it, but could never really get into it...).

Thanks for your help Dr. Rare :cool:

I think I may attempt to go back to my AA after a few games.

A patch that removes Air stack penalty for 1.06c?!?!?!
Yes indeed :)
Never in my wildest HOI dreams would I have imagined such a thing would one day happen - I assumed everyone got bored with HOI and jumped to HOI2 (I have it, but could never really get into it...).
I to never managed to get into Hoi2 it just was not what i had been waiting for ,very different from Hoi1,i think its the same for a lot of Hoi2 players now that Hoi3 is out and it is not quite what they were fantasizing about all this time.
In fact there was a very similar post to yours and a few of people seem to be returning to Hoi1 and there have been a group of us keeping the game alive at Stony road site for some time now.
Thanks for your help Dr. Rare :cool:
You are more than welcome and its always a pleasure to see and help people still into Hoi1.
I think I may attempt to go back to my AA after a few games.
Excellent!

Maybe we will see you at the stony road forum hoi1 Section also?That is where all the New Core project work is based and the Hoi1 GFX forum there is well worth a visit if you want new Sprites & Flags...
http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Enjoy!?

Dr

Last edited:
I registered at the Stony Road forum two days ago :cool:

What's the Super AI bundle like? Can it be used in addition with CORE? Does it improve the AI dramatically, and if so how would one install it with CORE?

I registered at the Stony Road forum two days ago :cool:
:cool: Did you get a registration email?sometimes there are registration problems but if you send Feanor a PM there or to FeanorSR here at P'dox he will activate your account if there are problems.
What's the Super AI bundle like? Can it be used in addition with CORE? Does it improve the AI dramatically, and if so how would one install it with CORE?
There is a super AI bundle and a super AI mod ,both of which do not work with CORE. Super AI mod should be added to a separate install of Hoi1.

Dr

I have to say that I'm coming back to HOI and CORE until HOI3 is fixed. From the little I've been able to do in HOI3, it has a lot of the feel of HOI, especially in regards to the technology system.
Hoi1 Hurrah! Welcome Back Fleetlord;)

:doc: