• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think Felipe II's death is a good choice. Treaty of Cambrai is the end of French affairs in Italy but Spain could then still use a dominant position.
Ok, then my second version will be the ultimate. Actually I have always found a surviving Naples annoying and Spanish presence in Southern Italy heartily welcome for the balance of powers down there. That is, according to eu2 engine, Italy is going to be completely absorbed/annexed/vassalized by Spain until 18th century and that is quite historical.

The majior issue will be then how to remove Spanish presence from Italy whe time is coming and Austria will take her hegemonic place.

You still mention Treaty of Cambrai in EVENTHIST285333. Is it intentional then?

Removing Spanish presence is another step but it shouldn't be avoidable for Spain. ;)
We already have some events to "help" this, don't we?

You still mention Treaty of Cambrai in EVENTHIST285333. Is it intentional then?
Sorry, I didn't understand your last but one reply.

"in accordance with several treaties stipulated with France" instead of "in accordance with the newly signed Treaty of Cambrai with France" is preferable then?

new events seems ok by me, amid a bit late but is it playable for the area, might need some extra beta testing

new events seems ok by me, amid a bit late but is it playable for the area, might need some extra beta testing

You would prefer a starting date such as 1515, right after the time span of events NAP_239018 and 239019 ? Treaties between France and Spain were already stipulated, such as the Treaty of Blois in 1504.

In this case we need a proper event triggering the sequence. Which one? Cambrai seemed to be the better one even if a bit late...

Actually we should start from September 1529 instead of 1535. I have confused the dates of FRA_12028.

P.S.:

I have checked the FRA events about the Italian Wars and I have seen possible issues.

If France doesn't intervene in Italy, no Peace of Cambrai, and for us no Spanish inheritance of Naples.

I shall propose some interesting alternative triggers in a future post, asap.

Last edited:
i was wondering that if you form the kingdom of germany, and deal with the subsequent wars and stuff you end up in a very dominant position in central europe, i think that it would be a good idea that if the KoG gets too big or annoys too many of the italian states that the KoI forms as a buffer/direct challenger to the KoG with french/austrian or papal blessing to stop them pressing into areas they see as part of there sphere of influence.

I suppose most of the triggers already exist, you would just need to do another one for creating the KoI of the KoG forms.

i was wondering that if you form the kingdom of germany, and deal with the subsequent wars and stuff you end up in a very dominant position in central europe, i think that it would be a good idea that if the KoG gets too big or annoys too many of the italian states that the KoI forms as a buffer/direct challenger to the KoG with french/austrian or papal blessing to stop them pressing into areas they see as part of there sphere of influence.

I suppose most of the triggers already exist, you would just need to do another one for creating the KoI of the KoG forms.

I have never considered the influence of KoG in formation of KoI. However buffer state should be a concept used only after the Congress of Vienna. A Holy League against KoG would be more consistent in the time span in which EU2 performs.

THE CROWN OF NAPLES SEQUENCE version 3

Modifications to current event:

Important to notice, action B means a left out for a SPA player: Naples will ahistorically survive or be at the mercy of anyother, at least until 1734.

Since SPA_285204 gives cores to Naples and Apulia 285204 choice B (The fate of Naples) should remove them in case.
Code:
#(1504-1598) The Trastamara inheritance of Naples
#by Bordic
event = {
	id = 285105
	trigger = {
		NOT = { 
			event = 285103 #SPA: The Treaty of Granada
			[COLOR=Yellow]event = 239037 #NAP: The Crown of Naples[/COLOR]
		}
		NOT = { exists = ARG }
	}
	random = no
	country = SPA
	name = "EVENTNAME285105" #The Trastamara inheritance of Naples
	desc = "EVENTHIST285105"
	#-#

date = { day = 26 month = November year = 1504 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 13 month = September year = 1598 } #Felipe II's death

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME285104A" #Naples is part of our Kingdom
		command = { type = addcore which = 393 } #napoli
		command = { type = addcore which = 394 } #apulia
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -25 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME285105B" #We shall respect Pope's suzerainty
		command = { type = vp value = -5 }
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = removecore which = 393 } #napoli 
		command = { type = removecore which = 394 } #apulia[/COLOR]
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = 25 }
		command = { type = relation which = FRA value = 25 }
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = sleepevent which = 239037 } #NAP: The Crown of Naples[/COLOR]
	}
}

#-#When Isabel of Castile died, Ferdinand found himself in the position of being both King of Aragon and Sicily and regent of Castile, so that he could focus more on Aragonese ambitions in the Mediterranean and claims to Southern Italian territories as legacy of the Trastamara King Alfons V. The Pope who traditionally considered himself suzerain of all the Italian territories south of the HRE boundaries, islands of Sardinia, Corsica and Sicily included, has always reserved for himself the right to appoint Kings and Dukes whoever he decided as being trustful and deign of Papal investiture. He would have opposed any external interference in his 'sacred' decisions. After Ferdinand's death in 1516, Charles, King of Spain would continue his grand father's expansionistic policy in Italy.

Two new events, one for Neaples played by AI and one for Spain (AI or human player):

being helpers I have only provided a single choice for both.

Code:
#(1505-1598) The Crown of Naples (event helper for Spanish historical annexation of Naples)
#by Bordic
event = {
	id = 239037
	trigger = {
		ai = yes
		exists = SPA
		OR = { 
			AND = {
				owned = { province = 393 data = -1 } #Napoli 
				control = { province = 393 data = -1 } #Napoli
			}
			AND = {
				owned = { province = 394 data = -1 } #Apulia
				control = { province = 394 data = -1 } #Apulia
			}
		}
		NOT = {
			exists = ARG 
			war = { country = SPA country = NAP }
			vassal = { country = NAP country = SPA }	 
		} 	
		OR = { 
			vassal = { country = SPA country = NAP }
			dynastic = { country = SPA country = NAP }
		} 
		relation = { country = SPA data = 200 }
		core = { province = 393 data = SPA } #Napoli #Spain should have shown her interest on Naples	
		OR = { 
			AND = {
				NOT = {
					owned = { province = 393 data = FRA } #Napoli
					owned = { province = 394 data = FRA } #Apulia
				} 
			}
			NOT = {
				core = { province = 389 data = FRA } #Lombardia
			}
		} #France shouldn't be still engaged in the Italian Wars
	}
	random = no
	country = NAP
	name = "EVENTNAME285333" #The Crown of Naples
	desc = "EVENTHIST285333"
	#-#
	date = { day = 12 month = October year = 1505 } #2nd Treaty of Blois, France ceded rights to Spain
	offset = 65

action_a = {
		name = "OK" 
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 285105 } #SPA: The Trastamara inheritance of Naples
		command = { type = trigger which = 285333 } #SPA: The Crown of Naples
	}
}
However I am not sure about the last part of the trigger where France could still own part of the Kingdom of Naples...

Code:
#(1535-1598) The Crown of Naples (event helper for Spanish historical annexation of Naples)
#by Bordic
event = {
	id = 285333 #triggered by NAP_239037
	random = no
	country = SPA
	desc = "EVENTHIST285333"
	#-#

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME285333A" #We grabbed Naples at last!
		command = { type = inherit which = NAP }
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -40 }
		command = { type = relation which = FRA value = -25 }
	}
}

EVENTNAME285333;The Crown of Naples;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST285333;In 16th century the Kingdom of Naples was at its most: flourishing economy and Arts, still good trade routes between the Middle East and the rest of Europe. Unfortunately, a powerful economy is not always being represented by a powerful ruler. Expecially the throne of Naples being claimed by two of the most powerful courts in Europe of those times, Spain and France. In his very expensive rush to the leading role of Western Europe still contested by the untamed King of France, the King of Spain eventually made the decision to send troops, officers and insignia to the capital city of the Southern Italian Kingdom in order to press claims on the crown of Naples definitively. Despite Papal firm opposition but in accordance with treaties stipulated with France which stated the definitive Spanish hegemony in the Italian Peninsula, the King of Spain was certain that his move wouldn't have found any local hostility...;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME285333A;We grabbed Naples at last!;;;;;;;;;;

N.B.: An issue could be Aragon. What about a surviving Aragon with seemingly legitimate claims to Naples? Should they get the same treatment? As far as the game goes Aragon shouldn't be any longer independent during the Italian Wars but already absorbed by Spain in mid 1470, is it correct?

Last edited:
I have never considered the influence of KoG in formation of KoI. However buffer state should be a concept used only after the Congress of Vienna. A Holy League against KoG would be more consistent in the time span in which EU2 performs.

I agree with bordic.

plus the buffer against the KoG should be the Austrain habsburgs

THE CROWN OF NAPLES SEQUENCE version 3

Modifications to current event:

Important to notice, action B means a left out for a SPA player: Naples will ahistorically survive or be at the mercy of anyother, at least until 1734.

Since SPA_285204 gives cores to Naples and Apulia 285204 choice B (The fate of Naples) should remove them in case.
Code:
#(1504-1598) The Trastamara inheritance of Naples
#by Bordic
event = {
	id = 285105
	trigger = {
		NOT = { 
			[COLOR=Yellow]event = 239037 #NAP: The Crown of Naples[/COLOR]
		}
		NOT = { exists = ARG }
	}
	random = no
	country = SPA
	name = "EVENTNAME285105" #The Trastamara inheritance of Naples
	desc = "EVENTHIST285105"
	#-#

date = { day = 26 month = November year = 1504 }
	offset = 30

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME285104A" #Naples is part of our Kingdom
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -25 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME285105B" #We shall respect Pope's suzerainty
		command = { type = vp value = -5 }
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = removecore which = 393 } #napoli 
		command = { type = removecore which = 394 } #apulia[/COLOR]
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = 25 }
		command = { type = relation which = FRA value = 25 }
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = sleepevent which = 239037 } #NAP: The Crown of Naples[/COLOR]
	}
}

#-#When Isabel of Castile died, Ferdinand found himself in the position of being both King of Aragon and Sicily and regent of Castile, so that he could focus more on Aragonese ambitions in the Mediterranean and claims to Southern Italian territories as legacy of the Trastamara King Alfons V. The Pope who traditionally considered himself suzerain of all the Italian territories south of the HRE boundaries, islands of Sardinia, Corsica and Sicily included, has always reserved for himself the right to appoint Kings and Dukes whoever he decided as being trustful and deign of Papal investiture. He would have opposed any external interference in his 'sacred' decisions. After Ferdinand's death in 1516, Charles, King of Spain would continue his grand father's expansionistic policy in Italy.

Two new events, one for Neaples played by AI and one for Spain (AI or human player):

being helpers I have only provided a single choice for both.

Code:
#(1505-1598) The Crown of Naples (event helper for Spanish historical annexation of Naples)
#by Bordic
event = {
	id = 239037
	trigger = {
		ai = yes
		exists = SPA
		OR = { 
			AND = {
				owned = { province = 393 data = -1 } #Napoli 
				control = { province = 393 data = -1 } #Napoli
			}
			AND = {
				owned = { province = 394 data = -1 } #Apulia
				control = { province = 394 data = -1 } #Apulia
			}
		}
		NOT = {
			exists = ARG 
			war = { country = SPA country = NAP }
			vassal = { country = NAP country = SPA }	 
		} 	
		OR = { 
			vassal = { country = SPA country = NAP }
			dynastic = { country = SPA country = NAP }
		} 
		relation = { country = SPA data = 200 }
		core = { province = 393 data = SPA } #Napoli #Spain should have shown her interest on Naples	
		OR = { 
			AND = {
				NOT = {
					owned = { province = 393 data = FRA } #Napoli
					owned = { province = 394 data = FRA } #Apulia
				} 
			}
			NOT = {
				core = { province = 389 data = FRA } #Lombardia
			}
		} #France shouldn't be still engaged in the Italian Wars
	}
	random = no
	country = NAP
	desc = "EVENTHIST285333"
	#-#
	date = { day = 12 month = October year = 1505 } #2nd Treaty of Blois, France ceded rights to Spain
	offset = 65

action_a = {
		name = "OK" 
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 285105 } #SPA: The Trastamara inheritance of Naples
		command = { type = trigger which = 285333 } #SPA: The Crown of Naples
	}
}
However I am not sure about the last part of the trigger where France could still own part of the Kingdom of Naples...

Code:
#(1535-1598) The Crown of Naples (event helper for Spanish historical annexation of Naples)
#by Bordic
event = {
	id = 285333 #triggered by NAP_239037
	random = no
	country = SPA
	desc = "EVENTHIST285333"
	#-#

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME285333A" #We grabbed Naples at last!
		command = { type = inherit which = NAP }
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -40 }
		command = { type = relation which = FRA value = -25 }
	}
}

EVENTNAME285333;The Crown of Naples;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST285333;In 16th century the Kingdom of Naples was at its most: flourishing economy and Arts, still good trade routes between the Middle East and the rest of Europe. Unfortunately, a powerful economy is not always being represented by a powerful ruler. Expecially the throne of Naples being claimed by two of the most powerful courts in Europe of those times, Spain and France. In his very expensive rush to the leading role of Western Europe still contested by the untamed King of France, the King of Spain eventually made the decision to send troops, officers and insignia to the capital city of the Southern Italian Kingdom in order to press claims on the crown of Naples definitively. Despite Papal firm opposition but in accordance with treaties stipulated with France which stated the definitive Spanish hegemony in the Italian Peninsula, the King of Spain was certain that his move wouldn't have found any local hostility...;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME285333A;We grabbed Naples at last!;;;;;;;;;;

N.B.: An issue could be Aragon. What about a surviving Aragon with seemingly legitimate claims to Naples? Should they get the same treatment? As far as the game goes Aragon shouldn't be any longer independent during the Italian Wars but already absorbed by Spain in mid 1470, is it correct?

In regards that if ARG is still around in the 16th century, well historically Aragon fought ONLY in the first Italian wars ( 1509 - 1515 ) and then Spain fought in the 2nd and 3rd Italian wars.
But since we have ARG "annexed" by CAS to form SPA in 1479 , then we will rarely see an issue.

I would only have an ARG event to 1515, after that any core lands in Italy should be removed

You would prefer a starting date such as 1515, right after the time span of events NAP_239018 and 239019 ? Treaties between France and Spain were already stipulated, such as the Treaty of Blois in 1504.

In this case we need a proper event triggering the sequence. Which one? Cambrai seemed to be the better one even if a bit late...

Actually we should start from September 1529 instead of 1535. I have confused the dates of FRA_12028.

P.S.:

I have checked the FRA events about the Italian Wars and I have seen possible issues.

If France doesn't intervene in Italy, no Peace of Cambrai, and for us no Spanish inheritance of Naples.

I shall propose some interesting alternative triggers in a future post, asap.

triggering could be the death of Ferdinand, because up to that point SPA (CAS) had no claims in italian lands, the claims where ARG ones. After his death , SPA assumed these claims of ARG was theirs.

Another point - when SPA and FRA had the treaty of barcelona in 1493 in which rousillon was given to SPA so that FRA could get Italian land claim, seems an ideal time too , although a bit early

fix of Norwich VEN leaders to ones which achieved more

historicalleader = {
id = { type = 6 id = 0163322 }
category = admiral
name = "Lorenzo Marcello Barbaro Badoer"
startdate = {
year = 1646 1650
}
deathdate = {
year = 1656 1657
}
rank = 0
movement = 3 4
fire = 3 4
shock = 4
siege = 0
dormant = no
remark = "Dardanelles 1656, captured Tenedos ( July 1656) and Lemnos (August 1656) "
}

Provveditore ( guardia of Candia) guard of Crete and its waters. Basically overall strategist of this theatre of operations . completed the Dardanelles 1656 victory and captured Tenedos and Lemnos.

Other candidate would be Beppe Dolfin ( Capitano delle Navi) 1650-1656, blockaded the Dardanelles for over a year in 1654 winning many battles , relinquished command to Leonardo Foscolo due to injuries

same reason as post 1794

historicalleader = {
id = { type = 6 id = 0163320 }
category = admiral
name = "ZenGiacomo Contarini" #Antonio Zeno
startdate = {
year = 1694 1690
}
deathdate = {
year = 1718 1700
}
rank = 3 1
movement = 4 5
fire = 2
shock = 4
siege = 0
dormant = no
remark = "
Andros 1696, Lemnos 1697, Samothrace 1698
}

Replaced Antonio Zeno as he failed in 2 battles in OinoussesIslands , although he did take chios.

other notable or average commanders, below
Daniele Dolfin .......won in Lesbos 1690, retired due to injuries same year
Domenico Mocenigo 1691-1699.........avoided battles, but supplied the army in morea

On Contarini, in 1700 became commissioner of the Arsenal.
In battle, outmaneuvered the ottoman leader Mezzo Morto in many battles, winning many victories

another VEN leader fix

historicalleader = {
id = { type = 6 id = 0163324 }
category = admiral general
name = "Alessandro Molin Girolamo Corner"
startdate = {
year = 1697 1685
}
deathdate = {
month = october
year = 1705 1690
}
rank = 1
movement = 3
fire = 4
shock = 2 4
siege = 0 1
dormant = no
remark = "Chios 1697Castel Nuovo 1687, Malvasia 1690"
}

Morosini 's rival Girolamo Corner had many success in Dalmatia and Albania, before moving to the Morea to complete the conquest when Morosini left for Venice to become Doge.

As for Alessandro Molin, I found no record of any military endevours, was governor of the Morea in 1685 when Morosini was pushing on athens. Molin got gout in 1709 (bedridden)and was visited by his dear friend the King of Denmark yearly, died in 1718.

other commanders which could fill the "land" void after Corner's death in 1690.
Agostino Sagredo 1691 - 1693 Dalmatian front, held his own against TUR
Antonio Zane ( unsure if its Antonio Zeno or not ) 1694-1695
Bartolo Moro 1694 - 1697 consolidated the Morea and beat back all TUR counter attacks in the Morea until peace talks

Since I cut into existing VEN leader time, unsure if another is required for the land (general) , ie Bartolo Moro

another VEN leader fix

historicalleader = {
id = { type = 6 id = 0163324 }
category = admiral general
name = "Alessandro Molin Girolamo Corner"
startdate = {
year = 1697 1685
}
deathdate = {
month = october
year = 1705 1690
}
rank = 1
movement = 3
fire = 4
shock = 2 4
siege = 0 1
dormant = no
remark = "Chios 1697Castel Nuovo 1687, Malvasia 1690"
}

Morosini 's rival Girolamo Corner had many success in Dalmatia and Albania, before moving to the Morea to complete the conquest when Morosini left for Venice to become Doge.

As for Alessandro Molin, I found no record of any military endevours, was governor of the Morea in 1685 when Morosini was pushing on athens. Molin got gout in 1709 (bedridden)and was visited by his dear friend the King of Denmark yearly, died in 1718.

other commanders which could fill the "land" void after Corner's death in 1690.
Agostino Sagredo 1691 - 1693 Dalmatian front, held his own against TUR
Antonio Zane ( unsure if its Antonio Zeno or not ) 1694-1695
Bartolo Moro 1694 - 1697 consolidated the Morea and beat back all TUR counter attacks in the Morea until peace talks

Since I cut into existing VEN leader time, unsure if another is required for the land (general) , ie Bartolo Moro

Edit for Molin.......won in Argos (morea) 1695

more changes...........note: motherboard died on old desktop PC, so info below is based on memory..........rebuilding a new PC
dual core...........will this be an issue for EU2 ??????????

historicalleader = {
id = { type = 6 id = xxxxxx }
category = general
name = "Alessandro Bon"
startdate = {
year = 1712
}
deathdate = {
month = july
year = 1715
}
rank = 2
movement = 2
fire = 3
shock = 3
siege = 1
dormant = no
remark = "captured , Valona (albania) 1690 , Sinj (dalmatia) 1714, died in megara (morea) as capitan-general of Morea"
}

More on A. Bon , was made count of Zara in 1708 , granted title of Ser ( English equivalent is Sir, ......knighted)

On the Saxon general - Count Johann Matthias von der Schulenburg, defended Corfu and took Butrino (albania) in 1718 for venice.
Served for Venice until his death in 1747.

It shouldn't, mine runs it fine.

thanks

it does work, no issue. :D

, i rebuilt my PC , but i for some reason cannot move EU2 from my old hard rive (E drive )to my new C drive ??