• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HoI3 Writing Contest - Top 5

• Watch out for vegetables... by cocodtim

Votes: 16 7,0%
  • Fall Weiss by demokratickid

Votes: 35 15,3%
  • Doktor Strangelove, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Hun by Llywelyn

Votes: 45 19,7%
  • OUR LADY of SORROWS - The Seven Tragedies of Poland by robw963

Votes: 62 27,1%
  • Here is Europe as the cool empire of P0L4ND!!! by Storm501

Votes: 71 31,0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmph. Odd we can't link to all the stories like I was doing, but ok. I'll fix that in a sec.

Last edited:
So some 30 hours left. And Rob just keeps up close behind me. You could cut the tension with a knife... :cool:

This is a serious nail biter....but very exciting!

Yea, may the best AAR win! No matter what happens Rob, we did some amazing AARs out there and we can both call ourselves winners. :)

Wow. Pretty impressive increase in votes the last few hours. Probably because someone thought to advertise the contest in the HOI 3 thread.

And it's quite an exciting race! Not just for 1st place, but for 3rd.

Pshh. It'd only be exciting if my AAR were in the running.

Pshh. It'd only be exciting if my AAR were in the running.

Ahh, but you have other competitions to prepare for... Weren't you going to turn yours into a full AAR? :rolleyes:

Ahh, but you have other competitions to prepare for... Weren't you going to turn yours into a full AAR? :rolleyes:

And now I have to pay for my copy of the game. Maybe I should force readers to pay a subscription fee in order to recoup my losses? Of course, everyone else is giving their AARs away for free, so I might be driven out of the market...

And I'll just repeat for the kids watching their subscription:

No matter what happens Rob, we did some amazing AARs out there and we can both call ourselves winners. :)
:rolleyes:

Rensslaer said:
Wow. Pretty impressive increase in votes the last few hours. Probably because someone thought to advertise the contest in the HOI 3 thread.

And it's quite an exciting race! Not just for 1st place, but for 3rd.
Nope, only for 1st. :)

Running this like a horserace and encouraging people to vote for whichever of Rob or Storm's they think is better ignores the amount of votes coming in and the fact that (but for that horse-race mentality & hopefully now defunct advertizing), the field's still open.* People should continue to vote for whichever AAR they think best. If that's Storm, cool, but it's not a two-man race.

Last edited:
Yea, the lead from Rob to the 3rd & 4th place is pretty much as big as between me and Rob. And since yesterday Rob pretty much caught me at one point, anything can happen.

There's less than 24 hrs left ppl, so every vote counts now! ;)

And I would like to replace that "both" with "all". We can all call ourselves winners! :)

This is getting very interesting, close race!

We can all call ourselves winners! :)

I'll PM you my mailing address. I expect my signed copy of HoI3 to be in the mail by the 15th.

Haha, there can be many winners, but only one of us is walking out with the signed HoI 3! :rofl:

One more hour to vote and 227 already cast. Wow! I'm impressed.

Congratulations Storm501 :) You were a (more than) worthy competitor!
Congratulations to cocodtim, demokratickid and Llywelyn as well. Everyone each had unique and entertaining AARs. I'm honored to be counted among the talent you all showed. HOI3 here we come!

Congratulations, Storm!

And also to the rest of the finalists and those who entered!

Rensslaer

Thanks everyone! :)

Wow, is there a better way to start your morning? :D ...When I left around midnight some 3 hrs before the vote ended, there was no way I could be sure of winning, nor I had ever been. This is because of the voters, and the really impressive creativity by the other contestants.

So I would like to thank my voters for helping me through all this. Every vote counted and it was a close call, with even over 200 votes, which really surpassed everyone's expetations! But also I want to give thanks to the people who voted for the other AARs by making this contest bloody exciting! :cool:

Also I would like to thank Singleton Mosby and canonized and others for the hard work with this contest. I would like to thank the moderators for guarding fair play, even I had to fix my signature to fit the rules! :rofl: ...But without you there couldn't have been a contest! ;)

So finally there are the other contestants, Rob for being a fair sport and gratzing me for starters. You contestants have spent countless hours on your work so every AAR here is a winner. But we are all have won a good prize, even besides that warm fuzzy feeling! Within a few days, one of the greatest games Paradox has ever attended shall be released! With just a modest fee for us to show our gratitude for their hard.. hard work is the least we can do (the game has even been said to be underpriced, saw some thread about it ;)).

So anyway, final thanks to everyone. As I'm a man of my word and I promised during my early phase of campaigning (when it was still allowed), I will start my Albanian HoI 3 AAR once I'm able to do so. :)