• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Annex Bohemia, give Silesia to Poland and create the mighty Czechoslovakian Empire! (I tried changing the places of Czech and Slovak but every combination doesn't sound very cool.)

Slovahemia? :rofl:

Well, that's for sure an option, but why would I rid myself of Silesia? :p

Because Wrocław (Breslau), Opole and basically everything there is by all rights Polish. Same thing goes with the area around Lwów (Lviv). But I think Pomerrania should be German so I'm not just some crazy nationalist.

Aha, I see... :) Thanks for the info! :)

Same thing goes with the area around Lwów (Lviv).

:D

Demographics would disagree, of course.

And the aim of all Empires in the period would probably be to keep all the land they got.

Last edited:
And the aim of all Empires in the period would probably be to keep all the land they got.

My thinking exactly... :)

If you think that I was spamming I apologize.

But, I don't understand what did? All I did was to read your AAR...I enjoyed it and I commented on it. Next thing I know I'm told that I'm spamming.

Pease explain so I won't do it again.

If you think that I was spamming I apologize.

But, I don't understand what did? All I did was to read your AAR...I enjoyed it and I commented on it. Next thing I know I'm told that I'm spamming.

Pease explain so I won't do it again.
It was I that suggested your several consecutive posts could be considered spamming, not that it was spam. It was clear you had legitimate comments so I merged them into one post. When commenting on an AAR, it is not acceptable to give five and six comments one after another.

As well, you should turn on your PM function as this should be handled via PM rather than in demokratickids's AAR. ;)

The Balkans looks really funny, especially with a growing Slovak Kingdom, and deminishing Hungarian Kingdom, and of course the still small Byzantine Empire which is well past her former glory. :p

Awwwwww, you saved the Byzantines!

Just for me and my byzantophilia!!

Hey, I couldn't let them die... I am a byzantophiliac as well... :D

Just for you? :(

He is a knight of the Irish Empire... :D (See his inkwell... :) )

The Balkans looks really funny, especially with a growing Slovak Kingdom, and deminishing Hungarian Kingdom, and of course the still small Byzantine Empire which is well past her former glory. :p

Yeah, but then again, the Balkans ALWAYS look funny... :D

That's what you get when you have a pocket of blood under the skin.

No, wait, it's that disorder where you can't stop bleeding.

Er, I mean, isn't it that dude who was in charge of Belgrade in the 90s?

I think the second is closest... :rofl: All hilarious, though! :D

IMO you spend way too much time fighting Hungarians, Ottomans and other such nullities when you could in fact be fighting the real enemy- German Oppressor OPM's
;)

:rofl: Well, we're a bit far away from them at the moment, but we aren't good friends with the Habsburgs, does that appease you? :D

The only reason Poland didn't got those areas was because Soviets were the ones to liberate it.

Compare Poland before WW2 and after.

That has a bit of truth in it as well... :)

Vladjo III
Part Four, 1455-1460
~In which heroics occur~

After the crushing victory over the Hungarians, with the first real territory gained in many years, things quieted down quite a lot. In the north, Bohemia was nothing but trouble as the scheming King Jiri was up to his old tricks. In late 1455, a small expedition was sent and calmed down the area quickly. Meanwhile, a distinct succession crisis was going on closer to home. Vladjo III's wife Maria had given him six children in their 13 years of marriage, all of whom were daughters. With Maria reaching the age of 33 in 1456, and the prospect for children, Vladjo's two brothers started to jockey for the throne. Despite their birth names being Vladjo as well, they went by their second name. The older of the two brothers was Marian, and the younger Ladislav. Their machinations against each other so infuriated King Vladjo III that he ordered them to exile. Marian was to go to Brno, and Ladislav to Kosice.

This temporarily quieted things down at the court, and just in the nick of time. In July 1456, messengers came from the Ottoman Empire announcing they had declared war against the Byzantine Empire once more. Despite not having the will to go, Vladjo assembled his army, which was still recovering from the Hungarian wars, and marched south. This coalition war would be harder, as only Poland and Wallachia joined in. Hungary, though not a member, did not impede Slovak or Polish access through their territories. The Wallachians led a valiant defense and managed to hold off large Ottoman armies long enough that the Slovaks and Poles arrived. Meanwhile, Constantine XI was still holding out in Constantinople. Despite the logistical difficulties of launching a campaign to save the Byzantines from Wallachia, Vladjo managed to capture Viden and Varna before 1456 had ended. Six months of indecisive campaigning followed that saw the Ottomans going toe to toe with the coalition in a war of bloody attrition. The Turks had it worse in Constantinople, where over 500 men a month were perishing in an unusually heavy and long winter.

fall_of_constainople_3.jpg

Never a dull moment at the siege.

The greatest battle in the reign of Vladjo III occurred at a small village outside of Plovdiv known as Rakovski on July 9, 1457. 25,000 coalition soldiers met with 21,000 of their Ottoman counterparts on a muddy field that the Turks had unwisely chosen to charge across. The Ottoman cavalry using outdated weapons charged across the field while Slovak and Polish troops stood in bristling defense with Slovak culverins firing away from behind. The cavalry slaughtered, the Ottoman general furiously ordered the infantry to heave forward for a massive assault. The Ottoman men unleashed a deafening and terrifying war cry that shook the Polish and Slovak troops to their core and charged. Vladjo II, in a display of solidarity with his men, took a post right on the front lines. When the Ottoman men hit the coalition line, the Poles and Slovaks almost broke. After a mere 10 minutes, some fringe Slovak and Polish men did just that. However, at the last possible moment, the Wallachians showed up with 5,000 reinforcements which slammed into the Ottoman flanks from either side. The Ottomans began a haphazard retreat but the pressure from three sides multiplied into four as soon as the Polish committed their reserves and the slaughter was on. After the battle was over, 13,300 Ottomans and 7,100 coalition troops lay dead or dying in what some historians, myself included; call the greatest battle of the 1450s.

earlwarwicksvow_large.jpg

A greatly stylized portrait of Vladjo III at the battle of Rakovski.

Despite the heavy cost of victory, the depleted Ottoman army lay in ruins. Throughout 1457-58, the coalition cleaned up the rest of the mess and broke the siege of Constantinople in February of 1458. Despite Ottoman screams for mercy, the coalition marched on. Capturing Thessaloniki in May of 1458 and Athens that August made the coalition effective controllers of the European half of the Ottoman Empire. At this point, the Ottomans felt secure as no coalition member had a navy capable of inflicting damage to them. They were right, and a treaty was drawn up immediately. Wallachia would get the province of Constanta and 50,000 ducats, and both the Poles and Slovaks would get 100,000 ducats. The Byzantines won control of all the Aegean islands save the Italian owned ones and a larger strip of territory along the borders it already had.

Vladjo arrived home exhausted yet triumphant in mid 1459. His health, which had been weakened by years of campaigning, was starting to wither away. By late 1459, he was ill with pneumonia which the doctors could not find a cure for. In December, he called for Marian to return to Bratislava and he announced him to be the next King if Vladjo were to pass away. The King improved with the coming of the new year of 1460; however, by the end of January, his health was once again in desperate straits. On February 1, 1460, the young King died at the tender age of 36. His brother Marian, now Marian I, was two years younger, being born almost two years to the same day as his brother in January 1426.

John_duke_of_burgundy.jpg

Marian I at age 45.

-and-

CentralEurope1460.gif

A look at Central Europe in 1460.

I was totally expecting a Vladjo IV.

And nice beating of the Ottomans again.

so do you actually play the game or are you just writing based on your ideas? dont get me wrong, im not trying to criticize the latter, just curious as there are precious little screenshots. thanks (i might have asked this question in the past, not sure)