• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
haha , unlikely couple indeed XD And Reichstag ! This will be interesting XD

Yes! Duckie for Kanzler! And President. And Fuhrer. And God. :D

haha , unlikely couple indeed XD And Reichstag ! This will be interesting XD

Perhaps the silliest trick to get rid of Adolf, I know. Nevertheless, we are not done with him.

Duckie in Reichstag?
Yeah!
He got elected as Reichskanzler? :rofl:

Not yet...

Yes! Duckie for Kanzler! And President. And Fuhrer. And God. :D

All in due moment... :D When the time is ripe... :D

PS: More than 10,000 Views! Not bad!

Last edited:
Foreword to the next update:

I'd like to warn my readers about the next update that, God willing and provided that my brain doesn't explode), tomorrow will show how Duckie reached one of the highest offices in the German government.

I'm writting this because I'm a bit worried about using an alternate version of a German Royal to make him to run to the Premiership. I hope that nobody would feel offended by this.

Now that I mention this. If while reading the next update somebody thinks "Oh, goodness, Kurty did it again. He has made a big mess of all of it", I'll agree with him, because I'm trying to make sense to the Politics of Germany and its election system, while, not being quite complicated in itself, it's just a bit embroilled in my mind, because I felt tempted (using the different background of this timeline) to change it to a more "USA-like", just because I love the mess of the nomination and then the running thing. Those Yanks manage to make a boring issue almost as exciting as the Superbowl (pun intended, I'm afraid).

Well, having said that, time to turn how to make the impoosible to happen, that is, to marry Duckie with...

Perhaps it would be proper to say "to marry Duckie against..."

:D

See you tomorrow, boys...

PS: No, Keira Knightley is not the future wife. And, being quite obvious who may be, I'll try to surprise you, somehow.

Haha , I wish I understood the German electorate as well XD

Chapter 20

Second set - The Failure of a Republic

Berlin, January 2th, 2004

Prince Friederich entered into the German General Elections riding on a wave of enthusiasm from his supporters, but from little else. He began to solve this problem by touring the country, specially going to those places were he knew he had few supporters: all larger coastal cities as well as Hannover, Brunswick, Frankfurt and Munich. His campaign stressed some of his fundamental principles: lower taxes to stimulate the economy, less government interference in peoples' lives, more power to the Länder and a strong national defense. Yet as his popularity began to rise in the North, the contrary began to take place in the South, forcing him to do a southern tour all over Bavaria.

fritz.jpg

His (Imperial and) Royal Highness Friedrich Wilhelm Ferdinand, Prinz von Preußen (0)​

He had to reassure voters that he will keep the promises made to them, that is, restoration to Law and Order. He went as far as to promise than more power was going to be back to the Länder. "I believe in people doing as much as they can at the community level and the private level", he said. He also focused most of his attacks during his southern tour on his Nazi rival and namesake, Friederich Berchtold, as someone who couldn’t be relied upon as he was just someone who talked to peoples fears and hatred, not to their hopes.

He had to suffer some personal attacks, mainly from the extreme-left activists like Wolfgang Grams, Ulrike Meinhof and Andreas Baader, who, despite being 61 at that time and serving a life-sentence along with Meinhof, kept still the same rebellious spirit (1). Ironically, an old comrade of Baader and Meinhof, Horst Mahler (2), now in the far-right ranks, joined them in the vicious criticism. However, most of this criticism backfired.

Both Prince Friederich and his running-mate, Konrad von Stauffenberg, highlighting was wrong with the departing administration in a series of TV interviews, viciously attacking the government's performance on the economy as well as campaigning on family values issues and against taxes. They promised to expand the German economy and the improvement of the civil rights for minority groups, as the Turkish and Spanish inmigrants who had settled in Germany following the 50s and 60s.

By election night, December 20th, 2003 (3) with the results proved to be extremely tight. Friederich and Konrad, surrounded by their families, closet advisors and staff, watched nervously the results which were being slowly being made public. With the higher voter turnout in German elections since 1972 (91.1% Prozent then, 94.3% in 2003), the result was in doubt for most of the election night, and the feeling of uncertainty was felt by all Germans, who had to wait until the next morning to hear the final count and just exactly who would their next president be, until it was know that the KKPD had defeated the governing coalition by a narrow margin.

fritz2.jpg

Friederich "unser Fritz" Berchtold, Führer of die Nationalen (4)​

HI&RH The Prince Friedrich Wilhelm Ferdinand (Königliche und Kaiserliche Partei Deutschlands) – 226 seats won – seat change: NA – 16,631,049 Popular Votes – 35.2% of Total Votes
Gerhard Schröder (Sozialdemokratische Partei Deutschlands) – 222 seats won – seat change: -29 – 16,194,665 Popular Votes – 34.2% of Total Votes
Edmund Stoiber (Christlich Demokratische Union Deutschlands) – 96 seats won –seat change: -94 – 8,766,338 Popular Votes – 18.5% of Total Votes
Friederich Berchtold (Nationale Partei ) - 51 seats won –seat change: 6 – 3,838,326 Popular Votes – 8.1 % of Total Votes (6)

Broth Prince Friederich, Schröeder (SPD) and Stoiber (CSU) would claim victory and the Chancellorship as the exit polls came in. It soon became clear that neither could form a majority government within the existing coalitions. In the end, Friederich managed to create a government with the so-called Große Koalition (grand coalitions), following the model created with the Kiesinger cabinet (1966-1970 (5)). The surprise was the defeat of the NP as their growth, which began in the elections of 1994, when they got 21 seats, had been stopped by the rising star of the KKPD.

(0) No, Aloyssius is not included in this show!
(1) In this timeline, the Shah of Iran never visited Berlin and Benno Ohnesorg wasn't killed in the ensuing demonstrations, plus the Baader-Meinhof Gang/Rote Armee Fraktion was stopped earlier than in OTL, and vanished after the Stammheim trial (1975), even if the RAF still did some minor actions in late 1977 in the so called the Deutscher Herbst/German Autumn: the failed kidnapp of Jürgen Ponto, the head of Dresdner Bank, by Brigitte Mohnhaupt, Christian Klar, and Susanne Albrecht, who were arrested on the spot; the successful kidnapp of Hanns-Martin Schleyer, then president of the German employers' association; and the attempted hijacking, with the help of the allied Palestinian group PFLP, of the Lufthansa aeroplane Landshut in Mogadishu, foiled by the special task force GSG 9.
(2) That reminds me of a saying my great grandpa, which I think I've told from time to time in this forum: "What is that thing called Comunism?" -he used to joke- "The non-Aryan grandmother of Nazism". :D
(3) In this timeline, the German election, 2002 were moved to 2003 for literary purposes...
(4) This pic proves the evilness of Berchtold: he smokes! And, on the top of that, he wears a monocle! Evil in its purest state, indeed!
(5)In this timeline, die Nationalen are in better shape that their Kameraden in OTL.

Last edited:
Chapter 20 (Redux).

Second set - The Failure of a Republic

-I still don't understand -Käthe began to say by the eleventh time-, why the hell you must wait for the call in MY apartment?

-Because if I'm waiting for it in mine, they will think I'm dying to be called into to government! -Duckie replied while his eyes rolled in amused surprised.

-You sound as if you were to enter...

-Yes.

For a moment, Käthe could see the first page of the Deutsche Allgemeine Zeitung: - ZE NEW MINISTER IZ TAKEN AWAY IN STRAIT-JACKET-. She grinned, of course.

-Look, if the new Kanzler wants you in, he'll phone you until he finds you. Or you can phone back.

-You'll never undestand the finer points of politics...

-You remind me of some silly girls I dated some time ago...

It goes without saying that poor Duckie was insecure about his cabinet prospects. To begin with, he did not know what ministry was going to get. He also did not know that all those who were ranked over him did know that, and did not wanted to get into the cabinet in that way, so they just "jumped out" of the ship. Had Duckie know it, it is dobious wether he would have "jumped" too or not.

Then the phone barked. A few seconds later, Duckie said, grinning like a fool.

-I'm a Cabinet Minister.

-Germany is doomed -replied Käthe, grinning widely.

-It's not a joke -he said, in a grave voice, almost serious, almost mature. A ministerial voice, so to speak.

Käthe felt as if someone was running an iceberg between her legs and over her spine.

-I need a fag.... -She utteterd, shocked. "And I need to pee", she added mentally.

Thus, she was on the WC, jeans down, when Duckie, unaware of that delicate situation, entered into the little room with a ring on his hand. Käthe was going to shout at him to get lost when she saw the ring.

"No. He's a fool, but not THAT kind of fool".

-Käthe, I dunno how to say that, but ...

"He's that kind of fool. Oh shit..."

-...but as I'm now...

-Get the hell out of here, you mental retarded perverted half-witted...!!!!!

-I get it, but, if I get out of here, will you marry me? I won't get out until you answer me!

A few more expletives pointing at Käthe's doubts about Duckie's mental heatlh later...

-Ok, yes, but the the fug out of here! -she shouted, feeling her bottom (a lovely one, by the way) going into pure ice in that cold place.

The next thing she saw was a ring on her finger and the door closing behind a bemused Duckie.

"ZE NEW MINISTER IZ KILLED BY HIS FUTURE WIFE BEFORE HE SWEARS HIS POST"

DAZ.jpg
(1)​

Some hours later...

In just a tirade, Käthe finished explaining the long silly thing to her girlfriend, Alexandra:

-So I'm going to marry him, because he's taking it seriously, but I'm not, what the heck, and, after all, I don't bother about him being a single minister, as Germany is going not to stand him, married or single, for more than a month! And, for the Goddess's sake, Alix, stop smiling that way!

dormer1.jpg

-...ok, smile again. Now I feel like a rat facing a vicious cat.

Then, Alix smiled, and with a velvet voice, she asked Käthe:

-Have you heard, my sweetie, about the first civil union of three partners? Those Belgians, from time to time, have some nice ideas, don't you think?

And then she kissed her, leaving a petrified Käthe behind.

(1) Did I told you that I love teasing the newspapers? :D

PS: I know, I should have kept in line and, bearing in mind the two previous characters, I should have introduced the charming Diana Quick, but, alàs, I'm quite silly, from tiem to time.

Last edited:
First , quite an interesting election update and then suddenly we have a marriage proposal gone awry and a possible Ménage à trois ?! Scary XD

Let's go for three, just because Duckie's reaction will be priceless. :D

That isn't smiling that is the look when you look at someones nipples....with the words "You´re agile" in your mind.

Mwahahaha! :rofl:

No more to say.

Nor it is needed, sir.:D I just wonder if the evil laugh is for the demise of the RAF or the defeat of die Nationalen... perhaps for Duckie's future?... All in all, for everything perhaps?:D

First , quite an interesting election update and then suddenly we have a marriage proposal gone awry and a possible Ménage à trois ?! Scary XD

The proposal hasn't gone awry. The future fiancée of Duckie is just scared (as hell, I may add) about the twin proposal. I must mention that I have just an slight idea about how this section will develop, as most of H(I)RH's cabinet is going to be dead serious, and having a triada in one of its ministeries may look... odd. However, if they wanted an odd minister, they would begin by not having Duckie. But, alàs, it's the will of the voters... Democracy is lovely, isn't it?

Let's go for three, just because Duckie's reaction will be priceless. :D

You can bet. But let's imagine the reaction of the mass media... and of the future Kanzler...

That isn't smiling that is the look when you look at someones nipples....with the words "You´re agile" in your mind.

It's hard to try to look at the eyes and at the nipples at the same time, 'cause ladies are quite perceptive of our movements and they tend to be easily upsted by our eyestic wanderings.

I swear they are.

PS: Is there any doubt that I got thrilled in my childhood by Brideshead Revisited? So thrilled that part of my (postponed) PhD deals with it. Slightly, but it deals.

The latter of course. The first would make the Universe collapse.
ja.gif

Nor it is needed, sir.:D I just wonder if the evil laugh is for the demise of the RAF or the defeat of die Nationalen... perhaps for Duckie's future?... All in all, for everything perhaps?:D

Mwahahahahahahaha (My evil laugh :p)

Someone will soooooo not like my version of the Treaty of Versailles when they know what my evil laugh is for. :rofl:

Anyways, another great update!

The latter of course. The first would make the Universe collapse.
ja.gif

Indeed. Take 1 (see below)

Mwahahahahahahaha (My evil laugh :p)

Someone will soooooo not like my version of the Treaty of Versailles when they know what my evil laugh is for. :rofl:

Anyways, another great update!

Thanks sir! And, beware. I can hit France here, too. :D

Mwahahahahahein!

That evil pic, isn't that Jeremy Irons?

Indeed. Take 2. I loved the pic as soon I saw it and methinked... Anthony Andrews... Jeremy Irons... There we go! I needed a prince and a fiend, so... It could have gone the other way round, but the pic of Mr. Irons won the prize.

So, is the image for Käthe that 'sado-maso bimbo' picture from earlier, and Diana Quick is Alex? Then, who's Duckie modeled after? I forget. :D

So, is the image for Käthe that 'sado-maso bimbo' picture from earlier, and Diana Quick is Alex? Then, who's Duckie modeled after? I forget. :D

I actually wish that Duckie is modeled after this Duckie. :p:D