• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I suppose we could have released the map 18 months ago, nowhere near complete and riddled with bugs, and let everyone bitch away?

After all, that's the Paradox maxim, isn't it?

"A game is ready whenever I say so, and it's up to the community to finish it."

I personally have had zero input with regards to Garbon's map, and I view that as his project and will be ready to give it a go whenever he chooses to release it. Of course, I would never expect him to release it until he views it as a finished product - or somewhere very near to being one.

We should all just wait, because bitching won't speed things up.

Besides, as has been said, there are plenty of other maps out there, so go try those.

In the mean time, let us await the veritable shitstorm that will be HoI3. :p

Yes I fully agreed with the above post, except Garbon should encourage other people's input, give updates and release it sometime within the decade.

Some of us have been waiting 4 years + for this map. :eek:

Real updates on the map's progress would make a huge difference. I don't understand how the High Council can be surprised at the occasional backlashes against their slow pace when we have been kept completely in the dark almost since the beginning (and when we were originally promised that it would be done over 2.5 years ago.)

Our only "promise" was to release it when it would be finished. All land provinces can be viewed here. Seazones are another story and adjustement according to balance, idgrids and total number of available provinces makes it hard for the 90% to 100% part of the process and required available devoted time for Garbon. And be assured this is not the most enjoyable part of the process... from far.

Last edited:
Our only "promise" was to release it when it would be finished. All land provinces can be viewed here. Seazones are another story and adjustement according to balance, idgrids and total number of available provinces makes it hard for the 90% to 100% part of the process and required available devoted time for Garbon. And be assured this is not the most enjoyable part of the process... from far.

I thought the sea zones where to remain as they are as exploration etc etc are working well.

I see no benefit in adding more sea zones

Yes I fully agreed with the above post, except Garbon should encourage other people's input, give updates and release it sometime within the decade.

Some of us have been waiting 4 years + for this map. :eek:

Is it still in the hands of only Garbon to release the Map and "source" changes, or are there more people involved. I think the latter and so Garbon's "hands might be tied" :eek:

I thought the sea zones where to remain as they are as exploration etc etc are working well.

Yes, but they have to be redrawn according to land provinces and original MKJ map that had not this point of view...

Is it still in the hands of only Garbon to release the Map and "source" changes, or are there more people involved. I think the latter and so Garbon's "hands might be tied" :eek:
Map (and the whole AGCEEP mod behind) and source code are two different projects but their future is symbiotic. They will benefit to each other for players. I think I already said it long ago but what would be the point for us to achieve one without the other?

And I can't even tell how many people are involved in the source code team but MichaelM's involvement and mine were not really a secret from the beginning.

Last edited:
Of course not all of the source code team have sent their letters off yet. :D
And they also have something to do for AGCEEP. ;)

Whats the ETA on the source code release? Hasn't it been almost a year since the code have been released?
Yes and it could take a decade, just like the map. :D

More seriously, sorry but we aren't allowed to answer this question without Paradox approval. Anyway, information will be delivered as soon as possible.

Our only "promise" was to release it when it would be finished.

I won't go so far as to accuse you of lying, YodaMaster. We all appreciate the work you have done on AGCEEP, and when the new map comes out we will be even more grateful. But you are VERY forgetful apparently...

I know for a fact that the High Council notified its fans two times of expected release dates for the new map: once promising that it would be done by Christmas 2006 (or was it even 2005); and, at another time, confidently assuring everyone that the map would be out before EU3. I know that the posts are still out there somewhere - but why dig them up; why not be honest with us about what went wrong?

We thought it could be easier and even Agung Pasha proposed his help in the first months... but unfortunately disappeared. If you remember, we also publicly asked for help in order to speed the process. Only thing that went "wrong" is Garbon's spare time and he was the only one for this not really sharable task. Nobody can blame him for this.

As we discussed before, I went through culling unnecessary seazones. We felt that we had too many, not too few. :)

Whatever happened to Agung? Anyone ever find out?

Last I heard he was helping out after an earthquake or tsunami or something?

Whatever happened to Agung? Anyone ever find out?

Last I heard he was helping out after an earthquake or tsunami or something?
Yes, same last information... Too bad for the EU2 community (and worse for the victims of the disaster).

Let's see...

The map was announced in October of 2005... Four years ago.

And still nothing.

I'm beginning to think that either there will be no map or it'll be ready about the same time EU IV gets released...