• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jul 22, 2009
I am interested in Diplomacy so I decided to load the demo.

The demo apparently installs OK and initially runs OK. The screen then blacks out with a frame around it with the title Diplomacy Client. It hangs there - a second diplomacy application also appears to be running but that simply states 'Programming Error!'.

I am running XP Service Pack 2 on an Acer Aspire One with 1.5 GB of Ram. Is there a patch to fix this or what setting do I need to change?

Bill

I think Diplomacy might have been made before SP2, and SP2 is not fully backwards compatible.

But while I have no good suggestions for solutions, I want to point out that Diplomacy is no longer sold since the license ended. The only way to buy Diplomacy is in a store that still has a physical box left, or buying it used from someone..

I think Diplomacy might have been made before SP2, and SP2 is not fully backwards compatible.

But while I have no good suggestions for solutions, I want to point out that Diplomacy is no longer sold since the license ended. The only way to buy Diplomacy is in a store that still has a physical box left, or buying it used from someone..

I have XP SP3 and I have no problems with Diplomacy. So updating Windows could help, although it worked fine with SP2 also. So maybe the solution is updating drivers etc.