• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Okay, but why didn't I get cores at least on Apulia and Napoli? I had no idea I was supposed to take them? I used my cores as guidelines for what to conquer.
It was discussed in the past and the HC decided not to give cores on Napoli and Apulia with Charles VIII invasion in 1494-1495. You only get them later with an ad hoc event in case you still have those provinces: FRA_170233. But this is of course ahistorical...

The peace of Cambrai concerned hegemony in Italy and Milan with Naples were the two key-states. So France shoud get all of their provinces. Florence was also important, but it was also the only pro-French state during that time.

Last edited:
I dont' know or better I can't remember if it is a good idea. The reason is that the League of Cognac was just a plus in the sequence bringing to the Peace of Cambrai of 1529. It depends on political situation in Milan. Lombardia should be owned by MLO, SPA or HAB in order for the event to be fired, and it could still be in French hands, expecially when starting with 1520 scenario with +20 province revolt iirc.

And FRA_12028 is an important check point in order to stop France from expanding too early and too ahistorically.

That is why I decided to include 170048 and not 12027 in the trigger.

What about cutting the reference to Cognac then?
The event history could start in this way: "A league to stop Spanish hegemony didn't prove to be a solid alliance against Charles V troops. The Pope, taken captive by the lansquenets sacking Rome, abandoned it."
and then in the last sentences "At Cambrai France abandoned her plans of expansionism in Italy while all her Italian allies joining an Anti-Spanish league would be now at the Emperor's mercy. The Republic of Florence would experience Charles V's rule."

We need to check if other events use this 3108 or a similar text and fine tune events with the word "COGNAC" to be read as "Anti-Spanish league" or something like.
I understand. Yes, this could be the solution. Nevertheless, we could still introduce the league of Cognac in the description.

Why not:
"Any league to stop Spanish hegemony didn't prove to be a solid alliance against Charles V troops (in fact, The Pope, taken captive by the lansquenets sacking Rome, abandoned the League of Cognac)."

I understand. Yes, this could be the solution. Nevertheless, we could still introduce the league of Cognac in the description.

Why not:
"Any league to stop Spanish hegemony didn't prove to be a solid alliance against Charles V troops (in fact, The Pope, taken captive by the lansquenets sacking Rome, abandoned the League of Cognac)."
Yes, it's better indeed.
And what about the other references to that league, in particular with the events dealing with the 1535 events about the lapsed fief of Milan or the 1529 events about coronation of Charles V? They are in FRA, SPA, HAB, PAP and MLO event files.