• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Primary culture

In the case of that event (#30), should German not be made the primary culture?

As in, remove the others then add them back in order...

Which others..? IIRC, only possible other one is slovenian but not even sure.
Me neither, just trying to cover possibilities. :eek:o

EDIT: Yeah, I checked. They start with german and slavonic and can lose german by event (#261010, 1424) so I guess it just depends on whether you'd prefer a german Styria was german or slavonic first and foremost.

german is primary culture in 1419 scenario, and can be lost with the above event (meaning slavonic is the only culture) - so if it is regained in the event posted in #30 (Toio's amendment) then slavonic would be the primary culture. I just meant that if you wanted german to be primary, then you'd have to remove slavonic first, then re-add them in order, like this:

(according to Toio's changes, post #30)

Code:
action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME261002A" #Lead the House of Habsburg
command = { type = flagname which = "" }
command = { type = country which = HAB }
[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]command = { type = add_countryculture which = german }[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Lime"]command = { type = remove_countryculture which = slavonic }
command = { type = add_countryculture which = slavonic }[/COLOR]
command = { type = addcore which = 350 } #Salzburg
command = { type = addcore which = 351 } #Austria
command = { type = addcore which = 327 } #Ostmarch
}

I did it that way round (remove and then add slavonic at the same time) because I wasn't sure if the game would crash if a tag had no cultures. Maybe there's a more logical way - if so, feel free to use it. :)

That way Styria (when it becomes Habsburg Austria) will have german as primary and slavonic as secondary.

I checked the event and scenario files - they do not get any other cultures.

Last edited:
Which others..? IIRC, only possible other one is slovenian but not even sure.

there is no other because slovenian is removed by event, as well as german earlier on.

thats why the need for german culture

Me neither, just trying to cover possibilities. :eek:o

EDIT: Yeah, I checked. They start with german and slavonic and can lose german by event (#261010, 1424) so I guess it just depends on whether you'd prefer a german Styria was german or slavonic first and foremost.

german is primary culture in 1419 scenario, and can be lost with the above event (meaning slavonic is the only culture) - so if it is regained in the event posted in #30 (Toio's amendment) then slavonic would be the primary culture. I just meant that if you wanted german to be primary, then you'd have to remove slavonic first, then re-add them in order, like this:

(according to Toio's changes, post #30)

Code:
action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME261002A" #Lead the House of Habsburg
command = { type = flagname which = "" }
command = { type = country which = HAB }
[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]command = { type = add_countryculture which = german }[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Lime"]command = { type = remove_countryculture which = slavonic }
command = { type = add_countryculture which = slavonic }[/COLOR]
command = { type = addcore which = 350 } #Salzburg
command = { type = addcore which = 351 } #Austria
command = { type = addcore which = 327 } #Ostmarch
}

I did it that way round (remove and then add slavonic at the same time) because I wasn't sure if the game would crash if a tag had no cultures. Maybe there's a more logical way - if so, feel free to use it. :)

That way Styria (when it becomes Habsburg Austria) will have german as primary and slavonic as secondary.

I checked the event and scenario files - they do not get any other cultures.

??,
if TYL (german) annex PRM which has (german and slavonic), then slavonic disappears. TYL does not gain slavonic, right !
When PRM gains independent, it will gain german only by post 30 as

PRM = { #Styria
revolt = no
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1419 }
expirydate = { year = 1820 }
minimum = { 369 }
extra = { 367 368 }
capital = 369
group = latin
#ai = "habsburg.ai"
ai = "SmallCRC0.ai"
}

has no culture above.

Granted, the end result will be that PRM, with Krain as capital has a slavonic province, but only a german culture. This is intended by me.

Granted, the end result will be that PRM, with Krain as capital has a slavonic province, but only a german culture. This is intended by me.
Yes, this is correct as end result. No need of a change in the event except german culture and event is correct in current beta.

Why are all the message settings so weird? I couldn't see almost any messages until I noticed that Royal Marriages were small icons in the top right corner, you think I am thinking of looking there whilst I am playing? I had to change like 50 messages.

And then I lost the game when the game crashed when I was going to save it, since there is no Save Games folder anyway...

Why are all the message settings so weird? I couldn't see almost any messages until I noticed that Royal Marriages were small icons in the top right corner, you think I am thinking of looking there whilst I am playing? I had to change like 50 messages.

And then I lost the game when the game crashed when I was going to save it, since there is no Save Games folder anyway...
As Garbon said, betas are provided with a specific config.eu made for hands-off games (with almost if not all screen messages not displayed). Better remove it and use your own config.eu if you want to play with betas.

Nevertheless, in the RAR archive Save Games folder should be empty but is included. Maybe your RAR Archiver doesn't take empty folders in account. Please check the settings for extraction.

You guys can just put a dummy file in it then. :)

There is no dummy file in AGCEEP! You guy can check everything is alright before playing. ;)

Seriously (or not), this is just your RAR Archiver that is "dummy". :D

Well, blame WinRAR then. Seeing as I know no other program I prefer not my game crashing when I try to save it for the first time.

Well, blame WinRAR then. Seeing as I know no other program I prefer not my game crashing when I try to save it for the first time.

I never get that issue with it. Of course, you could just create a blank 'Save Games' folder for yourself.

I never get that issue with it. Of course, you could just create a blank 'Save Games' folder for yourself.

I always forget it since I am not concentrating on that, but starting up the game and playing. ;)