• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Mongols did try to invade Japan historically. Unfortunately for them, huge storms sank their fleet twice. But that won't protect Japan now, as the HoI engine doesn't simulate such events :D

How many divisions serve in the glorious Mongolian army? And how is the German DOW changing the Soviet plans?`Are they withdrawing many troops to the west front?

The Mongols did try to invade Japan historically. Unfortunately for them, huge storms sank their fleet twice. But that won't protect Japan now, as the HoI engine doesn't simulate such events :D

The new army of Khan have 22 infantry divisions. The German DOW is expected, it is part of the plan... as long bitter peace trigger :) SU have plenty of troops to go around so it doesn't look like Stalin is teleporting his troop from Siberia to Europe frontline!

Hax said:
Will you try to invade Japan's home islands??
Or will you follow the history??
Yes, for sure the invasion must happen! If Kublai Khan cannot stand Japanese as his neighbours in 13 century, why shouldn't 20th century Khan feel the same ;)

Myth said:
China' nearly entirely subjugated, most excellent! How worried are you about the Germans?
None, as German would be stopped halfway thru!

Fall of Dragon Part II

Sep 19th, 1941

Lhumbe (Armaments): Early Hospital System researched that will help bounce back our soldiers from dead and fight for the glory of Khan!!!
Advance Construction shall be next as apparently we must learn this first before we find ways to improve our production supplies and war factory assembly output. It shall also improve out fortification defenses by 50%, not exactly sure for what as the only forts we have are in former Mao’s homeland which is within our empire borders?!

Sep 26th, 1941
Despite the war with German, Soviet who got plenty of foot grunts could spare some for their important Mongol ally! Hence Stalin traded two infantry divisions in return of supplies and oil from Mongols.
Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Two more infantry divisions! More!!! Our Stalin ally have learnt that a Mongol soldier fights better than his! So it be better if he trade his better combat equipment to us and let us do the fighting!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Yes, let it keep on coming!

Sep 28th, 1941
And more from Armaments Ministry on tech research…
Lhumbe (Armaments): Basic Computing Machine researched to ensure the existence of the so called computer and world of Hoi2 whatever the astrologers advised! :confused: We shall continue to push in this technological field for Improved Computing Machine!

Sep 29th, 1941
Nyambuu (Intel): Hey guys, do you realize that China is on the brink of extinction? Those poor chap only significant holding is Taiyuan which they recently captured from us. If that city falls, we could once again erase China from the face of the globe! It will be the Fall of the Dragon Part II!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Holy Khan! It means we’re already so close! All sons of Khan shall assault Taiyuan immediately!

The 5th, 9th & Keshik Korps storms Taiyan. The sole Japanese garrison could not stand the onslaught and retreated leaving the Taiyuan defenseless!

283taiyuanfall.jpg

And by Oct 8th, 1941 the Mongol calvary reaches the city….

Lt Gen Mindro (Keshik Korpus): Commander! The city of Taiyuan has fallen into my hands! Long live Khan!!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Superb!! The news must be relayed to Ulan Bator immediately for subsequent action!

Oct 8th, 1941
The news of the fall of Taiyuan, the last major city of China was received with momentous applause!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): This is good news indeed. The second coming of the Yuan Dynasty is within our grasp!

Nyambuu (Intel): Perhaps we should puppet them and let them govern a province or two so that they could recruit more soldiers effectively from their populace and we get them to serve us!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): We could consider that, Khan has been always a fair ruler!

284chinapuppet.jpg

But however, Wang Chonghui of China rejected Mongol’s offer which requires China to cede all territory to Mongol except Nanjing and Suzhou and becoming a vassal of Mongol empire!

Amar (Head of State): Those rude b**tards! They rejected the only chance of living!

285chinaannex.jpg

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Then they have chosen their dark fate!

The heavy battle of Jinan were taking place when China was annexed.

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): This is brilliant timing! Of total 7 enemy divisions, two of them deserted the fight halfway the moment we annexed China! The deserters must have probably be Chinese!

286jinanwins.jpg

With that stroke of precision timing, Jinan fell to the rampaging hordes!

Oct 8th, 1941
The annexation of China is to assist Mongol on the reduction of occupational territory maintenance cost. This is finally realized!

Lhumbe (Armaments): With the annexation, all Chinese are now are Mongol citizens!! The Occupation cost can now be avoided!

287chinapartisans.jpg

But the plan did not work! Whatever gain by reduction of occupational cost is now replaced by Partisan activities!

Lhumbe (Armaments): With the change, the supply efficiency of our troops is now 64.4% from 63.8%! A big increase of what??!! Wait a minute! Must be a typo on the report!! News released ended until further notice!!

The Great Army of Khan has triumph our China once again! The shining leaders of the Mongolian Army as in the posting roster shows talent! The Mongolia has now 22 infantries, a number growing every few months and base on track record, they will be unstoppable!

288statsoct41.jpg

Hebelecan: Evil only to those who refuse to submit, hehe!
TombolaG: Yeahhh! That's more like it! :D
Myth: Somebody is asking for the pix, the PIX of the new China. There you have it now :)
Hax: I prefer if I puppet China consisting of Nanjing+Suzhou only so that they could build for me a string of infantry to do garrison duties on all the beaches. Otherwise, Mongolian troops gotta to do it which I cannot really afford.
Enewald: Without editing cores, I have already have 40+ base IC so I rather not make this campaign too easy. The Chinese after 700 years away from Khan's rule will need a couple of decades of re-education. Assimilation has begun.... China for now and the rest of the world later! muahahaha...! Now this is truly evil, Hebelecan! :D

sneaky post?

I bet that if you manage to destroy Japans army in China and Siberia, there won't be much left on their island.

Just make sure that you don't waste too much time building a fleet, so they'll rebuild their army.

I have decided to award you the: Tom Guntrip Uber-Good, Possibly Funny, Uber-Good AwAARd Trophy

Now this really truly ROCKS, Tom!! :D:D:D

[Pwn*Star]I bet that if you manage to destroy Japans army in China and Siberia, there won't be much left on their island.

Just make sure that you don't waste too much time building a fleet, so they'll rebuild their army.[/QUOTE]

It still gonna be a big challenge taking on Japanese as they have huge concentration in northern China and Siberia unlike in South China. I could attack during non-winter periods. During winter periods, I need to use it to my advantage by focus on encircling movement and not too much attacks in Siberia. Not sure how I should take on Japanese homelands yet, I see these options...
1) old fashion amphibious attack but IJN can rip apart my navy including during preparation phase when my TPs are at port.
2) paratroop drop? Need to check the range from Korea to a Japanese non-beach (and likely undefended) province.
3) Peace treaty with Japanese with demand they cede a province on their home islands to Mongol. Attack after 2 years. I realise this is more plausible strategy so I could get two years to build TP Fleet in peace otherwise, IJN carriers or naval bombers can portstrike my TP fleet during build-up. A single strike alone on say 3 TPs at port could wipe off the entire flotilla!:eek:

Thanks for reading, Hax & Amallric & others out there. I'll try to keep up by posting updates :)

Just caught up, really interesting story ! :) Regarding the jap. invasion, isnt it rather unplauseble for the japanese to secede a province in japan to you? And to do it without cheating dont you actually need to own a province before you can demand it in the peace deal? What about making a japanese surrender event like there are for China when all of korea has been taking.. ?

i suggest you peace out with them (but without cheating;))

Just caught up, really interesting story ! :) Regarding the jap. invasion, isnt it rather unplauseble for the japanese to secede a province in japan to you? And to do it without cheating dont you actually need to own a province before you can demand it in the peace deal? What about making a japanese surrender event like there are for China when all of korea has been taking.. ?

I'll go by the rule of the game. If Japan is willing to offer one of her home province, I gonna take it! :) To my knowledge, you do not need to own the province before you demand it. I just need to take enough Japanese owned provinces to increase my warscore high enough to demand for that in a trade offer-off. I regard creating additional event to my favor as cheating. No planned future events other than the one I started off with.

Mico94 said:
i suggest you peace out with them (but without cheating;))
Oh yes, as you have seen peace with Japs seems to most logical option. Don't worry about cheats, I do not even allow reloads.;)

I admit, the stats of the Mongolian army aren't half bad. Though how about the experience of your troops? Do you lose a lot of men during normal engagements (without river crossings or the like, as when you were trying to cross the Yellow River).

Nice move on China. Serves them right to be annexed twice in the same game. :D

What's your policy on annexed countries? Will you consider releasing them as puppets or do you only puppet those countries, which accept puppeting during peace negotiations?

Anyway, best of luck and keep the sushi coming!

I admit, the stats of the Mongolian army aren't half bad. Though how about the experience of your troops? Do you lose a lot of men during normal engagements (without river crossings or the like, as when you were trying to cross the Yellow River).

Nice move on China. Serves them right to be annexed twice in the same game. :D

What's your policy on annexed countries? Will you consider releasing them as puppets or do you only puppet those countries, which accept puppeting during peace negotiations?

Anyway, best of luck and keep the sushi coming!

Experience of the few earlier 1936-38 infantries are touching into 40s if I recall correctly (ie 2 stars). But most are still <20 since they are acquired in recent years only after the improved manpower growth boost with the conquest of most parts of China. To conserve troops, never attack recklessly. Until today, I still remember the 4000 men I lost when attacking some Jap Mountain units in Southern CHina. :( Never again. When attacking across river, I use overwhelming force so the battle is over in a couple of hours. I never fought overnight battles if the odds are not good.

On annexed countries, I actually love to keep them annexed to maintain ONE color across the map. But I seriously need help from some puppets to generate some infantry to help guard the beach provinces. Best if I puppet during negotiations so that their beaten infantries do not get destroyed or disbanded and I can choose the provinces I want. Per the spirit of the game, I would need to maximise the lands under the reign of Mongols and give the puppet just the capital province. Releasing puppets is less favourable as they get a whole chunk of their country back and also means they build their infantries from scratch.

Oh yes, more sushi on dinner plates coming soon. ;)