• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
An epic battle would be seeing Poland overwhelming France ^^

http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi2wiki/index.php/Technical_Issues#Helpful_Fixes

If things get to slow and you need some more speed. If done right there's little that could go wrong with these fixes.

And FYI Vista actually stores the savegames in the same folder as XP but you need to click 'compatibility files' in the top bar. Then they should pop up. If you never cleaned out expect a few gigs in there.

Also great reboot. Much more entertaining. The great thing about these African countries is that there are so few VPs. With some you only need to capture their VP-less capital. So in the end, two or three powers will emerge from there, battle it out and face the rest of the world with a max of about 70 IC.

This is like watching reality television, you just can't wait to see who's kicking who's ass.

http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi2wiki/index.php/Technical_Issues#Helpful_Fixes

If things get to slow and you need some more speed. If done right there's little that could go wrong with these fixes.

And FYI Vista actually stores the savegames in the same folder as XP but you need to click 'compatibility files' in the top bar. Then they should pop up. If you never cleaned out expect a few gigs in there.

Thanks for the link, though I don't think it will be necessary. The game sped up a bit around August/September, when the DoWs mostly stopped. Once I stopped getting a dozen or so a day, the day changes were relatively quicker.

Are all countries actually at war? And how many sides to the conflict are there in total? Just two?

This is an awesome story!

Not everyone is actually at war with everyone else. Some countries aren't at war against some other countries.

And there is no way I could possibly guess how many sides there are. Only one alliance is currently present, which is just a monster. This uber alliance consists of:

United Kingdom, Poland, Siberia, USA, Portugal, California, Primorsk, Gabon, Czechoslovakia, Sinkiang, France, Spain, Rhodesia, Madagascar, Guinea, Jordan, Benin, Lebanon, Equatorial Africa, Netherlands, Greece, and Austria.

Safe to say they will probably be around for a while. You can probably blame Japan for that, as it would appear that the Pearl Harbor event fired in February, 1936, which probably led to the a few of those country banding together to fight the common enemy.

Germany did have an alliance, but they were all killed off already.

Russia's looking great :D

Although personally I'm rooting for Cuba ;)

ho ho ho

Amazing!!!

Swizterland go go go!!!! xD

It appears on Vista, the save files are ghosts, as I couldn't find them anywhere on my computer.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9116721

Vista will virtualize your save games as a security measure to prevent you from messing with them, if you installed the game to C:\program files\... Basically Vista has hidden your savegame files from you because it considers you a security risk. There are various ways to find them again but not real simple if you are not familiar with vista. Google "show compatibility files". here is an example link that explains this.

UAC (user account control) can be disabled which will allow you to do things as if you were using XP operating system. Google "UAC disable" - here is one link with explanation of how to disable it. You can find more easily.

If you don't want to disable UAC you can get around it by installing games somewhere other than c:\Program files\. For example, I install games to C:\MyGames.

I suggest you brush up on vista a little, if you are stuck with it.

So... About the save? Can you post it?

So... About the save? Can you post it?

I suppose I can include it with the next update.

Aw, stupid italians.
This is an awesome AAR. That uber alliance...I'm speechless.

Are you doing anything at all from Iceland or just reporting the madness?

Just sitting back and enjoying the madness.

Sily Vista :rolleyes:

But I put a Doomsday install in My Documents, so theres no problem there anymore.

Britian, as no one will invade them for ages, so they can build up a large army. And NAt CHina might do well.

Update II - January 1, 1937 - June 1, 1937

To begin this update, Uruguay decided to make a quick exit. But really, what else would one expect after they invaded Brazil? They certainly weren't going to be getting chocolate and flowers, thats for sure.

2-117Uruguay.png

After a year of gameplay, there are still a few troublemakers hanging around. Countries like Mexico, Norway, Denmark, and Albania. These countries refuse to declare war on everyone. Apparently they think their better than everyone else by staying neutral. Well, I'll show them, by forcing them to declare war on all of their neighbours. That'll show them! Thats what you get for not following my the rules, Norway. And so the first victim of this is Albania, who are awarded 116th place after getting steamrolled by Yugoslavia.

2-116Albania.png

Next up is Haiti. Both Haiti and the Dominican Republic didn't want to participate, so I decided to hvae them declare war on each other and fight it out to the death, gladiator style. Though it turned out less like gladiators, and more like Haiti getting crushed. 115th for them.

2-115Haiti.png

Fresh off their victory over Haiti, the Dominicans decide to go all Cuba-style, and invade someone else. And so Venezuala, much like their former neighbours Colombia, get to join the "invaded and conquered by some small Caribbean island" club, and 114th place.

2-114Venezuala.png

Over in Asia, the Japanese have finally stopped turtling and gone on the offensive. After landing at Guangzhou and taking Bao'an, Guangxi Clique gets annexed to Nationalist China through that event. I probably should have modded the files so that wouldn't have happened, but a bit late for that. So Guangxi is stuck with 113th place.

2-113GuangxiClique-1.png

Tannu Tuva was another one of those countries that refused to go to war. And so as the Transural Republic is rolling its way through Siberia, it decided to make a quick stop in Kyzyl and enjoy the scenery while they continue their march through the neverending wilderness. Maybe that will teach them to not be warmongers.

2-112TannuTuva.png

After months of being stalemated with Saudi Arabia, Jordan finally finishes them off, with a little help from Yemen. Thats probably the most green theres been in the desert for a very long time.

2-111SaudiArabia.png

Continuing their war against all things named Stan, Russia continues to march eastwards. This time their target is Afghanistan, who are awarded 110th after being defeated by Russia, and that Turkmenistani juggernaut. I can't help by laugh at the fact that most of the Russian army is in Asia while the Franco-Polish armies are slowly advancing through Eastern Europe and will soon be there.

2-110Afghanistan.png

And so we head back to Europe. Apparently being led by zombie Napoleon, march into Belgium. The French borders are starting to look freakily like those of Napoleonic France. Oh, and naturally Belgium is defeated for 109th.

2-109Belgium.png

America finally finishes off the Confederates, pulling off an amazing comeback, considering they were down to 1 unit earlier and had lost almost everything. So if the US ends up winning this thing, feel free to blame the Confederates entirely.

2-108CSA.png

Up next is another one of those slacker neutrals. Estonia gets conquered by the Russians, who sure took their time finishing them off. Lucky for Russia, the divisions that they didn't send marching across Asia are all lined up along the Finnish border. Since apparently the prospect of someone invading them somewhere else never occured to them.

2-107Estonia.png

At 106, we have Paraguay. With Brazil already running over several smaller countries, Argentina decided it wanted to have a go at it. And so Paraguay, who also happened to be one of those non-warlike countries gets conquered.

2-106Paraguay.png

Two warlords go down next, with Nationalist China annexing Sinkiang after India invades it and Shanxi after Japan finally gets around to doing something productive besides sitting around on their island and partying, or whatever they were doing.

2-105Sinkiang.png

2-104ShanxiClique.png

While invading Sinkiang, India also slowly stumbled through the Himalayas and annexed India. Of course, as anyone who has ever tried to annex Tibet knows, that took an incredibly long time, what with the lack of roads and all that.

2-103Tibet.png

Continuing with their reclamation of former lands, the US annexes Texas. Yeah, thats right. The US just messed with Texas, and got away with it. Not so tough now, huh Texas?

2-102Texas.png

101st goes to Switzerland, after France finally got bored of not invading Switzerland. Luxembourg must be getting pretty lonely right about know, what with France killing off all of their neighbours. That reminds me actually, I don't think Luxembourg has declared war on anyone. They're so small that I kind of forgot about them before.

2-101Switzerland.png

Denmark gets the nice, even 100th place, after being conquered by France, though Poland gets the provinces. Its find of funny. France keeps send divisions to fight for Poland, thus making Poland stronger by conquering more land. Eventually they will have to fight each other.

2-100Denmark.png

Three more eliminations left this update, so I'll get them out of the way quickly. 99th goes to Primorsk after being defeated by Manchukuo.

2-99Primorsk.png

Russia conquers another Stan, this time Pakistan, who get 98th.

2-98Pakistan.png

Lastly the Brits get around to doing something besides drinking tea and annex Morocco, who finish 97th.

2-97Morocco.png

Now, time for an overview. The French are continuing to look strong after having conquered Belgium and part of Germany. I forced Norway into war, and little did I expect that they would end up rampaging through Sweden, though the fight still isn't over. The Ukrainians have nearly collapsed, with the Franco-Polish forces pushing into Ukraine itself. Pretty soon they will spill over into Russia, who they are also at war with. Then things should get very interesting. The Turks and Greeks continue their interesting war. Things appear to be going slightly in Turkey's favour for the moment, though the Iraqi invasion in the east could complicate things for them. The Brits have taken Morocco, and I'm thinking they could go island hopping through the Med, possibly retaking Malta from the Italians, who would then be eliminated.

3-Europe.png

In South America, Brazil has taken Colombia from Cuba, and annexed Uruguay. Bolivia is being attacked by four different countries, and their defeat is imminent. Chile is apparently taking finishing off what they started in the Pacific War by invading Peru and Bolivia. Brazil is looking like it will be the one to beat down here.

3-SouthAmerica.png

North America is slowly being split in two by the USA and California, both members of the mega alliance. California is showing some weakness in thier inability to defeat even a crippled Canada. And Mexico has become nothing but a speed bump for the Americans. North America is clearly belonging to the US.

3-NorthAmerica.png

Finally to Asia. Japan got ambitious, launching several attacks at once. Landing in their holdings in the north, they began an invasion of northern China. Followed shortly after by an invasion of Guangxi in the south. Indonesia was next, with landings on Borneo and Sumatra, which were completely undefended due to Indonesia's lack of a navy. Finally they have made a landing on Java, where they will face the entire Indonesian army. India is carving out a nice empire for itself. Sinkiang and Tibet have been annexed and they have begun to invade Indochina. Though with Russia now done with central Asia, and at war with...pretty much everything to the east, India could face some trouble. Though with the Polish and French almost into Russia, they could accidentally save India. Up in the north, Siberia is just about defeated, with Transural coming from the west and Manchukuo from the east. The real question here though, is whether or not China can hold back the Japanese invasion.

3-Asia.png