• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oooh shit, that's not good about Indochina. That said, they only have three invasion routes. I know from my own Japan AAR that there is no connection between Luang Prabang and China at all, so they can only attack from Haiphong.

Pwn*Star said:
And the opening of the front in IndoChina should be seen as an oppurtunity to expand! Before Japan got it, you would have had to DOW the western allies, now you get it without the DOW! Its a win-win situation really

The IndoChina event is certainly good on the long term so I have land access to take on Siam and of course IndoChina for Mongol. But it was just worrying because only some loose Soviet divisions were defending there. Don't want Kunming (Yunnan) to fall!

Enewald said:
But what about equipping your horses with punts?

That will surely happen later as my horses can run thru ocean of sands but not oceans of water :) Big punts needed!

Beladriel said:
I hope you won't have Soviet troops in China when Germany invades, fate of the Khaganate depends on Soviet Union!

There is about 15 Soviet divisions in Southern China and almost 50 in Siberia. It is the Siberia front that is sucking up troops from Soviet western wall defence. I certainly did not expect Soviet-Japan battles to be up there instead of China where they were already facing off one another. Japan made massive D-Day landings on the undefended Soviet east coast and SOviet responded in force. Looks like the AI was programmed to react that way in the event of Soviet-Japan war. I hope bitter peace triggers so that German stop their advance at mid-point of Soviet else I'll get Tiger tanks rolling into Ulan Bator city square :eek:.

Question: When BP triggers, German owns the soviet territory that is ceded by Stalin, right? Mongol need a continous land connection to Europe to obtain their manpower. The crossing at Istanbul doesn't count. Plan to take on German thru ceded Soviet territory and was wondering if those provinces are legally owned by whom. If it is Soviet, it will becomes Stalin when Mongol take it. I want it to be Germany so I can occupy it to get my land continuity all the way to Europe to claim the foreign manpower.

Hax said:
Subscribed I really like this AAR

Alrightt! Me and the Khans loves you! :D

Crossing of Yellow River Part II

The risk is high, the life toll is high… but the Yellow River must be crossed no matter the cost!

225yellowriver.jpg

Aug 28th, 1940
With the Yellow River crossing at Jinan failing, the hardy Mongolian army made a crossing at Zhengzhou instead. Numerous battles were fought for the whole month of August and finally a bridgehead is secured!

226crossyellow.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Yeahhhh! We made it, Luvsanshara! We manage to cross the Yellow River.

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): What’s your plan of attack? I see Japanese everywhere!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Japanese is making numerous reinforcement landings at the coast. We’re facing enemy formation that is frequently 50,000 to over a 100,000 men large which is impossible to do a direct showdown so there is no place to maneuver. With winter coming, there is absolutely no point hanging on here.
What I have plan is to let them be while I race south to cut off the Japanese forces that is pressing towards Chongqing and Kunming. As for here, we will try to hold the line at Dadu and Taiyuan.

Sep 5th, 1940

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): I see that German is teaching her friends how to ask land for free!

227sadromania.jpg

Amar (Head of State): I love to be a friend of German if I know this is the benefit!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Looks like Romania is the favorite pie, everybody is carving out a piece beginning with our own Uncle Joe! HahaHAHAHAA! :rofl:

Sep 8th, 1940

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Oh my Khan!!! Barely 3 days has pass and another key province of Romania got given away to another German ally! That country is shrinking like an old man’s ball! :eek:

228moresadromania.jpg

Amar (Head of State): Hitler, please know us and be my friend!!! We’re Mongolia, do you know yet where are we?

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): It shows why it is important to show a nation’s strength. One sign of weakness, others will continue to take opportunity on! Mongol shall never go that way!

Sep 10th, 1940
From Zhengzhou, Mongol Keshik division galloped to Nanyang to cut-off Japanese division in Luoyang!

229yellowbreakout.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): We snared a Japanese engineering division. Kill them and take their pontoon bridge gears! China has so many river to cross!

Nyambuu (Intel): Watch out east flank. There are more than a dozen Japanese divisions in Kaifeng alone! There are all marching from the Yantai & Qingdao coast!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Well there is only 1-2 divisions in Fuyang which Japanese haven’t reinforce. Attack there to throw them back before they regrouped too strongly!!

Whoo, an encirclement! Always good news. At least, when it's enemy divisions being encircled. :D

Whoo, an encirclement! Always good news. At least, when it's enemy divisions being encircled. :D

Have more to come which very soon ;) Just a question of how fast I could compile of the image editing, uploads and put in a storyline.

Enewald said:
The game has actually very few chinese rivers...
What do you need to conquer to annex China?

The three main ones are enough to give me lots of headache as these rivers normally cut through rough terrain. A -50% across river attack is bad enough and if we add the terrain defense bonus like hill/swamp and mountain, it is like -100%. :eek: From current gameplay, southern China is within my grasp but the stacks of Japanese troops at the vicinity of southern Beijing will be a tough nut to crack.

Hax said:
Very nice update:) Genhis Khan or Kublai Khan? :D

All of the Khanate! Genghis, Ogedei, Guyuk, Mongke, Kublai and also Khan wannabe, Timur the Lame :D:D

South China Grand Plan!

Sep 13-14th ,1940

Lhumbe (Armaments): We have two discovery in two days! We researched Deep Logistic in record four months! And yesterday we completed Agricutural Production research as well!

dc2894f92e.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Brilliant! Two important techs to master!

Lhumbe (Armaments): We have continued on with Early Calvary and Advance Machine Tools!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): You only start researching Calvary advancement after I retire from leading a calvary division?! You no good @^$@#$#$%^!! :mad:

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Relax, Choybalsan. You did very well with WW1 vintage rifles and swords. Genghis can do it with just arrows so you did just fine!

Ulanhu (Air Force Chief): Lhumbe, my air-wing squadron commander Smushkevich complained all Mongolian pilots assigned to fly with him didn’t know shit!

92c717b24d.jpg

Lhumbe (Armaments): Oh! Well, I guess that is because we have not researched Air Superiority!

Ulanhu (Air Force Chief): You bastard, we have the tools but possess no skills to carry out a mission! WTF?!! :mad:

Lhumbe (Armaments): Luvsanshara.... I mean somebody else decided to acquire them as they look cool but I not told of the priority! :confused:

Ulanhu (Air Force Chief): :mad: #$%##%!! :mad:

Lt Gen Smushkevich: This is full of crap!! All my Mongolian wingmen knows only knows how to fly from an airbase to airbase. Absolutely nothing more!!! What a screw up!! Rebase mission DO NOT annihilate the enemy!!! :mad: HelllpppPPPPPP!!!!

Lhumbe (Armaments): :eek:o

Sep 14th ,1940
The return of a lost leader…

Nyambuu (Intel): Commander! The MIA leader of the 6th Korpus has return back into our lines! Lt Gen Demchegdongrov is back and alivvvveeeee! But minus his 5000 men of his 6th Militia People’s Korps…

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Thank Khan he found his way back! At least 1 came back! After his trauma, we shall assign him to garrison duties in Chongqing that is coming under threat from Japanese advance.

1fb4421a0f.jpg

(Editor: This leader ‘disappeared’ when I disbanded his division after being cut-off in Korea. Strange as the leader has not reach his death year yet in 1941. I regard it as a bug so I restore him in the savefile.)

Sep 15th ,1940
The Japanese makes a sudden counter-attack on the Zhengzhou bridgehead….!

Gen. Luvsan: The Japanese has gathered enough forces to counter-attack us when our troops are exhausted after a series of non-stop battles last two weeks! :eek:

6895b4073b.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Fall back to Anyang but we must secure Luoyang, as our new Yellow River bridgehead ASAP!

Oct 6th, 1940

The Mongols fall back to Anyang but quickly re-established a new bridgehead at Luoyang which was captured. The earlier bridgehead at Zhengzhou fell to a HUGE Japanese force!

Lt Gen Irgel: Probing attacks by our militia force indicated that they are 14 Japanese divisions in Zhengzhou!

fa23a41d03.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Wow! Didn’t know they want it THAT bad! Fourteen divisions!! Since they are crying for it like a baby, we will donate Zhengzhou to them for now! We have other priorities to the south and not gonna be bogged down in these swamp lands!

Oct 12th, 1940
The strategic plan to defeat Japanese forces to the south is devised by the ingenious mind of Choybalsan!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): We need to sweep south behind Japanese front lines who are facing the Soviet troops and pocket as much enemy in this maneuver! Here is my path of attack as denoted by the red arrows on the map.

791e1f5c68.jpg

Nyambuu (Intel): Intel shows that the Japanese troop concentration is reduced just like Soviet’s as the Imperial Army has send their soldiers north to Siberia as well. It means we could really take on them!

Gen. Luvsan: I seriously wonder what the hell is the draw of the barren Siberian tundra??!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): With the encirclement complete, I envisage two Japanese pockets to be created. And the south shall be ours to rule again!!!

How can there be a frontline in the icy hell of Siberia? :p

Beats me, I'll show you the Russo-Jap icy frontline at the end of 1940 wrap up. At least half million troops on each side battling out exchanging white large spread of barren-sparse-good for nothing-tundras that only god knows for what good.

Hax said:
I love this AAR:)
One of the best this year:)

I'm so touch. :D Even the manly Khan shall shed tears when he hears this!:p

Btw, can anyone answer my question I posed earlier? Mongols have a very far vision. Drawing up European front plans.:)

Question: When BP triggers, German owns the soviet territory that is ceded by Stalin, right?
Reason I ask: Mongol need a continous land connection to Europe to obtain their manpower. The crossing at Istanbul doesn't count. Plan to take on German thru ceded Soviet territory and was wondering if those provinces are legally owned by whom. If it is Soviet, it will becomes Stalin when Mongol take it. I want it to be Germany so I can occupy it to get my land continuity all the way to Europe to claim the foreign manpower.

Ooh, that Japanese counterattack is worrisome. Hopefully your encirclements will go as planned.

Time to start pocketing the Japs!!

Oct 14th, 1940
More army divisions are negotiated with Soviets by Luvsanshara, the Mongolia Head who doubles up as Foreign Minister!

23614to16.jpg

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Two more, Marshall Choybalsan!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Yeah! That shall put our infantry division number strength from 14 to 16 when fully manned! I am most grateful!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Comes with the latest equipped artillery brigades as well!

Oct 14th, 1940
Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Whoah!! A gang rape!

4a00b42610.jpg

Amar (Head of State): Bad neighbors! Hmmm, just reminded me of what we do to China with Soviets. *embarassed*

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Poor Greece! Looks like for sure, Khan shall be greater than sons of Alexander the not-so-Great as we ruled both the ancient… and the future.

Oct 9th- Nov 2nd, 1940
The Mongolian army begins the heading south while constantly pushing out enemy at the flanks.

238nanyangbreakout2.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Time to drive south! Break-out time! But first, protect our east flank!

Gen. Luvsan: As long as we keep the Japanese on our flanks weaken, our rear encirclement plan will be a success!

Nov 8th, 1940

Lhumbe (Armaments): Finally, we have researched the calvary tech that shall further advance our army!!

239earlykeshik.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Superb! Only if this was done when I was commanding calvary last time! :mad:

Lhumbe (Armaments): Too late, hehe! Onward to Improved Construction technology which will allow us to build airbases and navalbases to further strengthen our supporting airforce and navy!
Hmm… that just reminded me we have no airforce that can do attack missions and ships that can shoot. Opps! :eek:o

Dec 13th, 1940
The Mongolian advances per the drawed plan. Attack at Yichang province forces two Japanese divisions to fall back to Enshi which is the 1st planned kill zone pocket. The Mongols charges to Xiangfan and after a brief battle, crosses the Yangtze River to Changde. And from there, the speedy Keshik Korpus raced to Huaihua to complete the enclosure by Dec 7th!

240enshipocket.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Give me blood!!! I wanna bath in bucketful of Japanese blood!

And this blood was drawn from 39,000 Japanese!
During the race to close the pockets, Japanese presence at the Mongol’s flanks at Hankou and Changsha are driven away ensuring the success of the encirclement and zilch glimmer of hope for the embattled enemy troops at Enshi.

Ded 23rd, 1940

Lhumbe (Armaments): With Advance Machine Tool researched improving our war industry capabilities, we shall finally start on our FIRST AIR DOCTRINE!! AIR SUPERIORITY!!! Yeah!!! :D

241startairtech1.jpg

Ulanhu (Chief of Airforce): About time!! Our planes were grounded for half year already because our pilots doesn’t know how to fly a bombing run!

Lhumbe (Armaments): :eek:o:eek:o:eek:o

Last edited:
1940 year wrap up!

Yeah! You have not seen the bigger encirclement yet! ;)

It’s arrival of a new year! It's 1941! Winter is here and the landscape is white with snow. And red with blood unfortunately in the unforgiving tundra of Siberia as more than a million troops battled out over the vast ocean of nothingness!

242siberia.jpg

Amar (Head of State): Why would Japanese drive into the Siberia emptiness?

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): To reach Moscow! But first, they got to take ALL of Siberia! They are crazy!! :wacko: The distance shall kill them first! Hahahaha! :rofl:

Amar (Head of State): If they did push through however, Ulan Bator will be threatened!

Nyambuu (Intel): I do not think that gonna happen. They have been trying to push into Bayan Tumen for a year now and have not succeed! Our ally are numerous enough to drive the invaders away for us while we concentrate on re-making the Yuan II Dynasty!!! :D

New year battle report for 1940 wrap-up:

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Gimme some new year present from the front lines, commander!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Hey, aren’t you still partying! We’re having fun here feasting on Japanese human sushi! We just eaten “lunch” at Enshi pocket and gonna have “dinner” further south. Yummy! Once I complete the encirclement, it is a banquet all night long!!!

2431941start.jpg

Lhumbe (Armaments): On our industry, it is doing well as you can see from the ample resources that we have muster. We just need more fighting men!

Nyambuu (Intel): Central Yangtze is open, we have struck hard and fast down south and the enemies are ill-prepared!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Our main army shall continue pushing south with a light force breaking east to take the industry center of Yangtze!

Cabinet review time! Is there?

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Uh-oh! It is the time of the year again.

Amar (Head of State): Oh yes. It is 3am on new year day! So any changes for this year? Why the hell you bug me at 3am every year to discuss this! We always just got to do it after our new year bash! I’m still not done drinking yet!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): ok, lets make it a fast one. No cabinet changes and we declare we shall be more hawkish ok!

2441941cabinet.jpg

Amar (Head of State): I love all this power of declaration. The next day, we shall expect more young men to storm our army recruiting offices and war material suddenly get all cheaper and faster to build! I love all this power!!!

Damn, i look away for a couple of days and this AAR slips away again. I just caught up again, and i must say that your progress is impressive. i'm not sure if i could do it.