• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Panda:

I'm playing as Germany in the 1914 scenario. I'm choosing the full Schleiffen plan for the Western Front. For some reason, the BEF does not appear anywhere when I invade, but instead has a bunch of units show up mysteriously in Paris the moment the French surrender. Any ideas?

Thanks,

melens7s

Inetersting, 'ill take a look, and for the new version, I think that i will relese now what I have and I will polish it in july, when free time comes back;)

Inetersting, 'ill take a look, and for the new version, I think that i will relese now what I have and I will polish it in july, when free time comes back;)

Have you released it yet? (sorry if I sound impatient)

Have you released it yet? (sorry if I sound impatient)

Well, you do have a reason to be impatient ;)

No, seriously, I understand there is a lot of hard work and the modders are doing it for free in their own free time, so we have no reason or right to be bitchy, but...

I've recently run some tests with the latest RELEASED version of panda's AI files installed (I played as Switzerland in order to avoid interfering with the AI's actions) and I was a bit disappointed by the results.

Every time, Germany got stuck on the Meuse line, even when it initially penetrated deeper into Belgium. A-H was totally passive and didn't try anything in the Balkans. As a result, Germany always gets defeated sooner than it should (usually in 1916/1917).

1914 is a great mod, but I am afraid the 1914 scenario is only playable as Germany (on hard/aggressive) - this gives a human player some challenge, I even lost once.

So, if you have some (even "beta") AI files which make German AI more powerful and aggressive, could you please release them? I'd like to make some test runs and see how it goes.

Thanks ;)

Well, you do have a reason to be impatient ;)

No, seriously, I understand there is a lot of hard work and the modders are doing it for free in their own free time, so we have no reason or right to be bitchy, but...

I've recently run some tests with the latest RELEASED version of panda's AI files installed (I played as Switzerland in order to avoid interfering with the AI's actions) and I was a bit disappointed by the results.

Every time, Germany got stuck on the Meuse line, even when it initially penetrated deeper into Belgium. A-H was totally passive and didn't try anything in the Balkans. As a result, Germany always gets defeated sooner than it should (usually in 1916/1917).

1914 is a great mod, but I am afraid the 1914 scenario is only playable as Germany (on hard/aggressive) - this gives a human player some challenge, I even lost once.

So, if you have some (even "beta") AI files which make German AI more powerful and aggressive, could you please release them? I'd like to make some test runs and see how it goes.

Thanks ;)

Well, I relesed lots of versions, and every single one was diferent form the older, maybe better or worse, but just experimental, the problme is that the HOI2 AI engine has lots of problmes coordinating a two-countries AI or a multifront situation, i'd just tried my best but i've failed, maybe the last version was not the better one.

I maybe have old versions of the AI beta script if you want, and of course if you want to improve the 1914 AI I can tell you anything about it, just ask it.

For now, i've abandoned that one, aparently HOI3 has a way better AI scripting system, and an improved Core AI, so, for me it's time to move on, if there is a 1914 project for HOI3 I will surely participate; but, for now, I feel a little disaponted with myself, i was close to it, but i never suceded in making 1914 a mod with a great IA, even with or without cheating.

Well, I relesed lots of versions, and every single one was diferent form the older, maybe better or worse, but just experimental, the problme is that the HOI2 AI engine has lots of problmes coordinating a two-countries AI or a multifront situation, i'd just tried my best but i've failed, maybe the last version was not the better one.

I maybe have old versions of the AI beta script if you want, and of course if you want to improve the 1914 AI I can tell you anything about it, just ask it.

For now, i've abandoned that one, aparently HOI3 has a way better AI scripting system, and an improved Core AI, so, for me it's time to move on, if there is a 1914 project for HOI3 I will surely participate; but, for now, I feel a little disaponted with myself, i was close to it, but i never suceded in making 1914 a mod with a great IA, even with or without cheating.

Ah, sorry to hear that - I thought you were close to solving the problem with German AI. So does it mean that development of the "1914 mod" for HoI2: DD/Arma is now at its end? Or do you plan to release some sort of final version (perhaps I am asking in a wrong thread, but since we're at it...) before you move to HoI3?

yes, I also thought you were making progress in getting the german AI into shape? (I'm talking about post 382 in this thread)

AFAIK you haven't released the ai files those screenshots were based on.

Is it possible to unregister myself from the forums?

Why would you want to do that? And why do you post this question in a sub-sub-sub-forum, in a thread about the ai for a mod? :wacko:

Anyway, you probably have to pm a moderator to unregister.

Thanks! I just want to know if i could unregister myself so in the future if I want to then I can. Do you know any moderators?

If you go to the Paradox Games section of this forum, you'll see a lot of moderators listed under the column "Moderator". Take a pick.

why someone would want to leve this great forums?¿:)

Anyways,

I can consider revising the last version one more time, disable BEF and the other things that just dosen't work, nothing new, only separators, front-balancing and the germans having control of the aliance, unfortunately, the version that corresponds with the last screens has been lost, but I might remember the magic.

I made few new tests - I used "fullcontrol" cheat to allow Germany to reach somewhat historical front in the West - but unfortunately the AI doesn't know this is WW1 and not WW2 ;) It keeps pushing forward (even at weakling aggression level). What was happening in France was just surreal - I've never seen such a mess, the front was the exact opposite of static :D Germany captured Paris at least 3 times.

Which brings me to a slightly OT question - when Germany captures Paris, the French capital moves to Algiers, which in turn causes MASSIVE supply problems in metropolitan France. Is this WAD - perhaps to simulate the demoralization of France after the fall of their capital or something? Because it makes it way too easy for human player - you just need to capture Paris and the whole French army loses supply -> easy and relatively bloodless victory.

Anyway, in the East, it's the same - Germany unleashed Barbarossa in the East, reaching Moscow in 1916.

It would be great to somehow instruct the German AI to be agressive in France in 1914, then go on defensive - I don't know if it is possible to tell the AI not to attack and focus on defense (which is what Germany did on the Western front most of the time).

I made few new tests - I used "fullcontrol" cheat to allow Germany to reach somewhat historical front in the West - but unfortunately the AI doesn't know this is WW1 and not WW2 ;) It keeps pushing forward (even at weakling aggression level). What was happening in France was just surreal - I've never seen such a mess, the front was the exact opposite of static :D Germany captured Paris at least 3 times.

Which brings me to a slightly OT question - when Germany captures Paris, the French capital moves to Algiers, which in turn causes MASSIVE supply problems in metropolitan France. Is this WAD - perhaps to simulate the demoralization of France after the fall of their capital or something? Because it makes it way too easy for human player - you just need to capture Paris and the whole French army loses supply -> easy and relatively bloodless victory.

Anyway, in the East, it's the same - Germany unleashed Barbarossa in the East, reaching Moscow in 1916.

It would be great to somehow instruct the German AI to be agressive in France in 1914, then go on defensive - I don't know if it is possible to tell the AI not to attack and focus on defense (which is what Germany did on the Western front most of the time).

Or maybe just make infantry better at defending, worse at attacking? After all, the lack of movement on the western front wasn't for lack of trying :):(.

But panda, yeah it would be great if you could reproduce those last ai files, corresponding to the awesome screenshots you posted.

It actally was programed in that way, but HOI2 AI has a heavy random component, maybe thinks that it can defeat France in 1915, wich sometimes it can.

About the WWI like WWII, I incresed the org of all units by 70%, but maybe reducing the movement speed of all divisions we could produce a more WWI feeling.

Panda, I've downloaded your final AI version, and I see you've included some sprites. Are these the sprites made for HoI regular, and don't match up (and thus overwrite) DD sprites? I don't think you've included them all...

OMG though! I'm still happy. Panda's in for a special treat tonight!! :D Finally someone gives a damn about having proper airplane sprites!

Panda, I've downloaded your final AI version, and I see you've included some sprites. Are these the sprites made for HoI regular, and don't match up (and thus overwrite) DD sprites? I don't think you've included them all...

OMG though! I'm still happy. Panda's in for a special treat tonight!! :D Finally someone gives a damn about having proper airplane sprites!
Where can I get the final version btw? Was it the one I already downloaded?

I put some icons that where posted in the graphics thread in the past year, but sprites... maybe I accidentaly left something.

Last edited: