• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Its actually quite realistic. I mean, you have to keep the crappy officers occupied somehow.

Oh

My

God

Orimazd is back. :eek:

It has been, what, two years since your last post on this forum?

And now you live in Saudi! I guess you didn't want to move there until after calipah left ... :)

With last version.

error.jpg

Köln monarch is named monarch. Looks a bit sloppy.

Koln has Hanseatic and Luxembourg has French culture. Is this intentional?

The Almujadid events 705153, 705154, 705155, and 705156 convert the formerly Sicilian (then turned Maghrebi) provinces Italian as opposed to returning them to Sicilian.

Almujadid event 705157 (Conversion of Sardinia to Maghrebi) doesn't have a counter-event similar to the above to return it to Sardinian, though that is possibly intentional.

Last edited:
Croatia, Wallachia and Moldavia has monarchs named monarchs too.

Koln has Hanseatic and Luxembourg has French culture. Is this intentional?

The Almujadid events 705153, 705154, 705155, and 705156 convert the formerly Sicilian (then turned Maghrebi) provinces Italian as opposed to returning them to Sicilian.

Almujadid event 705157 (Conversion of Sardinia to Maghrebi) doesn't have a counter-event similar to the above to return it to Sardinian, though that is possibly intentional.

I'll correct these for the next version, but not for this sunday.

Well, you can probably change the name "monarch" to "Monarch".

Its actually quite realistic. I mean, you have to keep the crappy officers occupied somehow.
In my realm, there are no crappy officers. And if there are, I'll sack them. That's realism. But this is eu2, not real life.

i agree with post 19..........being of royal birth does not gaurantee that you have a brilliant military mind.
Just need to live with bad stats
The same. They will simply not be made generals of the nation then.

In my realm, there are no crappy officers. And if there are, I'll sack them. That's realism. But this is eu2, not real life.

The same. They will simply not be made generals of the nation then.

Give me a monarch with 1/1/1 any day.

And he will come along and steal all your sieges after you have done the hard work.

Having the highest leader rank is better than being a 4/4/4, IMO.

Give me a monarch with 1/1/1 any day.

And he will come along and steal all your sieges after you have done the hard work.

Having the highest leader rank is better than being a 4/4/4, IMO.
Then I will dow you and we shall see if your 1/1/1 or even your generic 2/2/2 have much to say against my 4/4/4. :)

As I mentioned, PvP wars are much different from AI wars. Rank is irrelevant f.e. You aren't going to siege very much in PvP wars. If you manage to kill the enemy army, the war is more or less won.

When you own Bujak as Cossacks, its culture changes to Cossack and back to Romanian after a few days. I think it has something to do with the way event 512011 was made to trigger but I'm not quite familiar with the syntax.

event = {
id = 512010
random = no
province = 319
trigger = {
OR = {
owned = { province = 319 data = CHE }
owned = { province = 319 data = UKR }
}
stability = 0
}
name = "Cossack Culture Dominates in Bujak"
desc = "With rule over the Bujak region now coming from the Cossack heartland, the cossacks peoples are favoured, and dominate the politics and trade of Bujak."
date = { year = 1419 }
offset = 300
deathdate = { year = 1820 }

action_a = {
name = "OK"
command = { type = provinceculture which = 319 value = ukrainian }
}
}
event = {
id = 512011
random = no
province = 319
trigger = {
event = 512010
OR = {
owned = { province = 319 data = RUM }
owned = { province = 319 data = BYZ }
}
stability = 0
}
name = "Cossack Culture Dominates in Bujak"
desc = "With rule over the Bujak region no longer coming from the Cossack heartland, the Romanian peoples are favoured, and dominate the politics and trade of Bujak."
date = { year = 1419 }
offset = 300
deathdate = { year = 1820 }

action_a = {
name = "OK"
command = { type = provinceculture which = 319 value = romanian }
}
}

Then I will dow you and we shall see if your 1/1/1 or even your generic 2/2/2 have much to say against my 4/4/4. :)

As I mentioned, PvP wars are much different from AI wars. Rank is irrelevant f.e. You aren't going to siege very much in PvP wars. If you manage to kill the enemy army, the war is more or less won.

In which case I keep my 1/1/1 out of the combat. I keep him out of ALL combats, anyway. His only job is to steal sieges from my allies (or other countries with whom I share a country I am at war with).

How many of your wars in MP are pvp? Not even 50%. Not even 20%.

Plus, not all leaders are supposed to be beneficial, just as not all monarchs are supposed to be, nor all events. A bad monarch is something you have to deal with as a player, ditto a bad leader (if you can't find a clever use for him, like a siege-stealer). I

When you own Bujak as Cossacks, its culture changes to Cossack and back to Romanian after a few days. I think it has something to do with the way event 512011 was made to trigger but I'm not quite familiar with the syntax.

Thanks,

Actually, there are two problems. First, of course, Coassacks in the text of the second event, instead of Romanian.

The trigger in the second event uses the tag RUM, which doesn't exist, and the game reads it as true (but none of my bug-check programs finds these). I have altered the ownership and name issues.

Taiwan province has Unique culture. One of the Indonesian islands (forget which one) has Imperial culture.

Taiwan is meant to have Unique culture. It's the stop-gap one-province culture title that I use because culture tags are limited. All 'native' cultures have Unique. It's the most respectful thing we could come up with.

Thanks for the Imperial culture thing. I guess I need to make it Yorumba instead of Filippine.

Thanks,

Actually, there are two problems. First, of course, Coassacks in the text of the second event, instead of Romanian.

The trigger in the second event uses the tag RUM, which doesn't exist, and the game reads it as true (but none of my bug-check programs finds these). I have altered the ownership and name issues.
No problem.

I guess there isn't a way to edit Bujak culture to Cossack in the ongoing game without event firing again, right?

No problem.

I guess there isn't a way to edit Bujak culture to Cossack in the ongoing game without event firing again, right?

yes, and it is very easy.

Speak to the GM. Let him know that it is a design bug and I approve the edit from that perspective.

How many of your wars in MP are pvp? Not even 50%. Not even 20%.
The ones that matter are. When the slightly tedious AI are gone, the REAL wars can start. The AI is never a match.

Plus, not all leaders are supposed to be beneficial, just as not all monarchs are supposed to be, nor all events. A bad monarch is something you have to deal with as a player, ditto a bad leader (if you can't find a clever use for him, like a siege-stealer).
If this is supposed to be some RL-parallel, I am disagreeing. In RL it was difficult to replace a poor monarch, but easy enough to let a general die, or get wounded enough to not lead armies, "accidentally" during some exercise. Or just force-retire him, with a promotion or something.

If you mean this is something you feel is vital for the game experience, as a game mechanic, then OK.