• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There aren't any other revolters with Iberian culture, except Iberian states in Europe.
yes you right, i guess its been fixed while back and have not noticed it since i have not played this lately post 1750-ish.:eek:
so it seems that only the puritans were overlooked.

Nothing serious. From revolt.txt:

culture and religion ought to be removed.

Actually, the problem is that the tag ROY never had its name changed from Royalists to Rearacht of Portugal.

The revolt definitions are fine. This is the Portugese state that Eire can establish in the New World.

Not an event sequence I care so much for anymore. Probably won't make it to 2.0

-as bavaria, if al andalus reduced to 1 province, and i choose "continiu the crusade' it has rather wiered effect. sometimes i ctd and sometimes the command "war with al andalus" does not appear in the event, while sometimes it does. this under the very exact same settings( reloaded a few times since had a ctd right there wich repeated again the third time).

all times ctd when i attempt reloading. what i noticed is that the "loss of cot" event for al andalus triggers sometimes ahead of mine(to continiu the crus.) and sometimes AFTER. if after ctd happens and no command. if before ctd when auto dow. something wrong in the relation between this 2 events( or more i might not notice).

this is not a case-scenario likelly to happen in an MP(can't annex or try to do so a human). however annoying in sp:D

- would be nice to have murcia released as catholic if player chooses so in this case-scenario, but keep its arab monarchs. maybe an event that murcia has to choose going catholic(state religion changed via event) or an option b to go at war.

- "castilia" AI is absolutelly innert, does not even built troops nevermind anything else such convert prov. war etc. does not seem to receive even random events but not sure how this works exactlly in such case if missing ai set-up.

Last edited:
why alternative reformation does not happen presentlly if rome owned by someone other the pope, providing rome is take before the luther events, and that the player actually DOES get them, wich is most of the time, but not 100% as it has been noticed in mp before(pre 1500 or about then):

- so if and once the reformation "schemes" does trigger (for the human player that controls rome), there must be some missing triggers for each and every country regarding the event wich is making anyone and everyone decide if stay catholic or convert(and the the free conversions+ tons of revolts that comes with it). those events such as this one bellow(and obviouslly the whole chain thereafter):

Code:
event = { 
	id = 856451
	trigger = { 
		event = 200
	}
	random = no
	country = PAP
	name = "The Reformist Schism"
	desc = "The Holy Father has been elected by a majority of the cardinals and despite the heretics in Wurms, the Catholic Church resides forever in Rome."
	date = { day = 20 month = november year = 1549 }

action_a = { 
		name = "We shall follow His lead"
		command = { type = religion which = protestant }
		command = { type = domestic which = innovative value = 1 }
		command = { type = stability value = -4 }
		command = { type = relation which = BAY value = -200 }
		command = { type = relation which = BRA value = -150 }
		command = { type = relation which = LAT value = -150 }
		command = { type = DIP which = -1 value = 12 }
		command = { type = DIP which = -1 value = 60 }
		command = { type = MIL which = -1 value = 12 }
		command = { type = MIL which = -1 value = 60 }
		command = { type = ADM which = -1 value = 12 }
		command = { type = ADM which = -1 value = 60 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 30 value = 3 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 60 value = 3 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 360 value = 2 }
		command = { type = setflag which = altref }
		command = { type = provincereligion which = 390 value = protestant }
		command = { type = provincereligion which = 392 value = protestant }
		command = { type = provincereligion which = 393 value = protestant }
		command = { type = provincereligion which = 394 value = protestant }
		command = { type = provincereligion which = 397 value = protestant }
		command = { type = provincereligion which = 398 value = protestant }
		command = { type = provincereligion which = 399 value = protestant }
		command = { type = provincereligion which = 402 value = protestant }
		command = { type = provincereligion which = 400 value = protestant }
		command = { type = desertion which = 370 value = 5000 }
		command = { type = revolt which = 370 }
		command = { type = desertion which = 389 value = 5000 }
		command = { type = revolt which = 389 }
		command = { type = revolt which = 389 }
		command = { type = desertion which = 391 value = 5000 }
		command = { type = revolt which = 391 }
		command = { type = revolt which = 391 }
		command = { type = desertion which = 395 value = 5000 }
		command = { type = revolt which = 395 }
		command = { type = revolt which = 395 }
		command = { type = desertion which = 396 value = 5000 }
		command = { type = revolt which = 396 }
		command = { type = revolt which = 396 }
		command = { type = desertion which = 401 value = 5000 }
		command = { type = revolt which = 401 }
		command = { type = revolt which = 401 }
		command = { type = desertion which = 403 value = 5000 }
		command = { type = revolt which = 403 }
		command = { type = revolt which = 403 }
		command = { type = desertion which = 404 value = 5000 }
		command = { type = revolt which = 404 }
		command = { type = revolt which = 404 }
	}
	action_b = { 
		name = "compromise"
		command = { type = DIP which = 2 value = 12 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 30 value = -3 }
	}
}

note: -for the british isles, danemark breaking away they seem to trigger sometimes, but certanlly not for human player(S) especially the one owning rome itself.
-the edict of tolerance triggers in this case right away after the "scheme" event and thus protestant/vatholics can diplo each other(denemark/british isles).

those events that are beeing slept in such conditions are most (if not all, the files contain too many) are to be found in the "alt.ref" subfolder.
there must be some missing link that does NOT direct "the reformist schemes"
to those huge number of events(and fun that comes with it):(

Last edited:
Beregic,

Your English is much better than my ability to speak any of the many languages you are fluid in, so I don't want to be a critical, english-centric loser, however I don't understand much of the stuff you have written here.

I get it that you have experienced problems with the sequencing of the Alternative Reformation, and I will review those files in the coming week (after 1.08, before 1.08 final revised).

The second paragrpah is especially cryptic to me.

Beregic,

Your English is much better than my ability to speak any of the many languages you are fluid in, so I don't want to be a critical, english-centric loser, however I don't understand much of the stuff you have written here.

I get it that you have experienced problems with the sequencing of the Alternative Reformation, and I will review those files in the coming week (after 1.08, before 1.08 final revised).

The second paragrpah is especially cryptic to me.

right...;)
it is specifically writeen for YOU only to understand since you must be knowing all those events without me needing to go in step by step details.
"note" refers to conditional triggers that affects this case development

let me make it VERY simple for you. take genoa/bavaria etc, diploannex pope before 1500 and that will make you even screem "evrika" hpefully:D

Last edited:
Two events left to write, then the bug checking.

Very exciting.

first, congrats on making a new version available:)

i see an "interreqnum 2map.ara" in your uploads. curious what it is, i presume just bits and pieces as of yet still of version 2 since map is still not out? in a 2 words, not playable?

-also, from script it reads that banat can go greek culture. should be hungarian/romanian/slavonic only.

- maybe the game can be played post 1819. not sure myself what need to do so in order to make tags/etc available after 1819. with the unlimited time patch applied is possible curentlly to continiu post1819, but all revoltees, etc are not anymore available* can not release vassals etc) how is this done? possible?since this mod contains already the new american nations and more, this would be a rather sweet addition methinks especially for mp purposes.

-now chimu has even more "complete" events. now sp roling this nation shall be fun .wanted more random specific events for them, but this shall do. also had some issue for main event to trigger(the start-up cores), needed to restart no less the 4 times for it to trigger eventualy(of course with the "on" option every time). i can olny think of the oncreased trigger offset maybe?
-also please reduce the +15bb chimu gets in this main core events, becouse in the preset state, gurantees that this nation as ai gets annexed very early by the swarm of ai alliances in tis region.

Last edited:
-upon iceland going independent post 1500(1513 dec 12) its monarch file gives 3 errors(not the multiple monarchs typical issue, but something else).no ctd becouse of that.

first, congrats on making a new version available:)

Thanks.

i see an "interreqnum 2map.ara" in your uploads. curious what it is, i presume just bits and pieces as of yet still of version 2 since map is still not out? in a 2 words, not playable?

The map design and provinces have been available for two years, and the version I have posted there you can look at - it has the basic division of provinces among starting states.
-also, from script it reads that banat can go greek culture. should be hungarian/romanian/slavonic only.

I'll correct.

- maybe the game can be played post 1819. not sure myself what need to do so in order to make tags/etc available after 1819. with the unlimited time patch applied is possible curentlly to continiu post1819, but all revoltees, etc are not anymore available* can not release vassals etc) how is this done? possible?since this mod contains already the new american nations and more, this would be a rather sweet addition methinks especially for mp purposes.

No ideas on this. Check the unlimited time patch thread.

-now chimu has even more "complete" events. now sp roling this nation shall be fun .wanted more random specific events for them, but this shall do. also had some issue for main event to trigger(the start-up cores), needed to restart no less the 4 times for it to trigger eventualy(of course with the "on" option every time). i can olny think of the oncreased trigger offset maybe?
-also please reduce the +15bb chimu gets in this main core events, becouse in the preset state, gurantees that this nation as ai gets annexed very early by the swarm of ai alliances in tis region.

I'll correct.

-upon iceland going independent post 1500(1513 dec 12) its monarch file gives 3 errors(not the multiple monarchs typical issue, but something else).no ctd becouse of that.

Thanks, I'll correct.

-eire can and does become emperor now:D. not intended i presume.

-monarch id(88888) that is already used -(1530's)(maybe sharay sultanate)

Last edited:
-eire can and does become emperor now:D. not intended i presume.

Not something we can control. Standard in EU2 and a known bug.

Any Catholic monarch or elector state (even if protestant) can become Emperor.

-monarch id(88888) that is already used -(1530's)(maybe sharay sultanate)

I'll correct, thanks.

regarding the "increase mines" command in any provinces other then in the gold ones: it definatelly has effect, exception beeing "marginal" goods for some reasons(or simplly becouse those goods have such a low output , therfore increasing mines by 10percent does not add up to any actual increase...)

however something intreasting i keep noticing with this. once the increase mine happened let's say in "tahiti", random events are taking into consideration those provinces as WELL. for example got "seek new veins" random event TWICE in less the 40 years targeting...tahiti;).

the rule of thumb otherwise is that IF a country has even just ONE gold province, the mineral related events always trigger there. if country does not have gold then it will trigget in an "iron" or "cooper" one. now, in my test, all of a sudden provinces targeted by such random events have expanded in number:)

but the main idea here is that also tahiti has an increased economic output(trade in the regional cot jusmps in value). the thing i am not sure of if is with regards of how the eu2 engine treats a such aspect( does it take it in consideration when calculating the month/year income?)

-also could you please make a more extensive monarch file for chimu? the objective here would be to have a whole bunch of them with a ruling period of 10-15 years each. just a quick "copy" and "paste", while changing their each and every ADM/DIP/MIL values, as to make sure not all are same or almost same. at least to "spice" things up a bit. also , as ai, maybe make a quick ai event similar as the human does(the first one wich sets the cores), BUT with better sliders and even some cavalery(to boost the ai up so chimu becomes the dominat ai nation in south america, at least most of the time). i noticed now that ANY pagan can get cavalery as well ( likely via random events , only explanation i have).

-regarding random leaders, it seems that indeed ALL pagans get them(only made one quick game as chimu so did not look yet how this fairs in other regions). however , as a human , i got NONE. intended or not?

Last edited:
1. You will ahve to make the Chimu leaders yourself.

I will only be making bug fixes for 1.08, no more new material form me.

2. I have no idea what random leaders are.

I know there is a file for random leader, but I don't know what it does.

I have never seen a random leader in any game I have ever played or any reference to them in and thread. I have meant for years to ask someone what the randomleaders.csv file was for but never got around to it.

As far as I know there are only scripted leaders and the country leaders names that are given to the generic 2/2/2 guys.

1. You will ahve to make the Chimu leaders yourself.

I will only be making bug fixes for 1.08, no more new material form me.
:(
2. I have no idea what random leaders are.

I know there is a file for random leader, but I don't know what it does.

I have never seen a random leader in any game I have ever played or any reference to them in and thread. I have meant for years to ask someone what the randomleaders.csv file was for but never got around to it.

As far as I know there are only scripted leaders and the country leaders names that are given to the generic 2/2/2 guys.

me neither, but playing as chimu, EACH and every minor around at some poin had a generic "general" leader :). only as il khanata i have seen that( when human), constant "general" leaders.

me neither, but playing as chimu, EACH and every minor around at some poin had a generic "general" leader :). only as il khanata i have seen that( when human), constant "general" leaders.

Those are the generic leader and monarch lists produced for us by idont.

Every nation which did not yet have scripted leaders got a set. Some of them are pretty strong.

The parameters included generals, admirals, conquistadors and explorers.